Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

That is not enough to convince me to go to the Toronto show, and for this reason, I'm out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I might catch the Taven/PCO show. Does Honor Nation or whatever they're calling their VoD service have a decent back catalog or is it just all Sinclair era stuff?

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

coconono posted:

I might catch the Taven/PCO show. Does Honor Nation or whatever they're calling their VoD service have a decent back catalog or is it just all Sinclair era stuff?

none of the past stuff is on vod as far as i know

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

coconono posted:

There's some best ofs on there and I think they added the HDNet show too.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

MassRafTer posted:

There's some best ofs on there and I think they added the HDNet show too.

but I couldn't, say, watch the entirety of Unscripted II and relive the bewildering journey of Delirious's almost being a world title holder?

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
They added the first couple of the original shows too, the ones with Bryan and Eddie and Daniels.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

sinclair transition era roh is a weird place. like mike mondo threatening to forcibly rape mike bennett.

TheCool69
Sep 23, 2011
Hmm would PCO as a champ work? He has had a hell of a year and it would be a nice moment but still.. can he even cut a live promo?

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

TheCool69 posted:

Hmm would PCO as a champ work? He has had a hell of a year and it would be a nice moment but still.. can he even cut a live promo?

Why would he need to cut a promo. He can have D.Destro do it for him.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

b to the u to the z to the z

Fightful posted:

WWE has a Superstar Shakeup this week, but there could be a shakeup happening in Ring of Honor's offices as we speak.

Fightful Select reported this week that there is some angling and shuffling going on as it pertains to Ring of Honor.

Monster Factory's Danny Cage has left Ring of Honor after joining the company in early December. From what we're told he's still being paid by the company, and had a lot of ideas how to shift ROH and Future of Honor's production, which was met with heavy resistance. As for the split, we're told that ROH is still planning an event at Monster Factory this Spring, and Cage is on good terms with Delirious. Joey Mercury is taking over his role.

Speaking of Joey Mercury, Fightful reported this week that he was instrumental in getting Sons of Savagery signed by the company, and has pushed for Maria Manic to come in as well. All of which are alumni from MCW, where he's served as a trainer.

Mercury and Bully Ray are said to be gaining influence within Ring of Honor, while Delirious' (Hunter Johnston) creative input has decreased. Those that we spoke to expected this to accelerate as time moves on. It could be seen with Enzo and Cass, as well as Velvet Sky and Angelina Love being brought in. There were a few names on the NJPW side of things who told us they had no idea Enzo and Cass would be on the show at G1 Supercard.

Those we spoke to in ROH say that there was some heat on any number of people who made the All In deal a reality, as the company ended up helping give crash courses to their upcoming competition for talent.

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

what's buzzier than a company helmed by Bully Ray, starring Enzo, Cass, The Beautiful People, and Maria Manic

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

please don't lump Maria Manic in with no-talent hacks like Bully Ray.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Draxion posted:

what's buzzier than a company helmed by Bully Ray, starring Enzo, Cass, The Beautiful People, and Maria Manic

Only one run by bees

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

So who at ROH is responsible for the New Japan partnership? I know in the Gabe era they worked with almost everyone in Japan before settling into the beneficial deals with NOAH and Dragon Gate.

How much of it is down to Delirious?

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

forkboy84 posted:

So who at ROH is responsible for the New Japan partnership? I know in the Gabe era they worked with almost everyone in Japan before settling into the beneficial deals with NOAH and Dragon Gate.

probably most of it since he was the head booker when they started the relationship in early 2014.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
I mean, he mostly communicates in barely intelligible grunts and swearing, so he probably gets along great with Gedo.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
Brisoces vs. Cobb & Willie Mack on the most recent TV was a very good match. You can pretty much skip the undercard of this episode.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

forkboy84 posted:

He's a huge tape watcher/trader from back in the day.

But yeah he'd co-book the ROH/New Japan line ups with Gedo and Jado.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
Dave said “ROH has no buzz” on the Observer this morning, I am afraid I need to cancel my sub now

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

triplexpac posted:

Dave said “ROH has no buzz” on the Observer

oh my god

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
Proof that Shave Seltzer does NOT know what he’s taking about.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Proof that roque is not Shave Seltzer

Unless it's a clever ruse to put us off the trail!

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

the day the buzz died

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Yeah Dave is cancelled.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

triplexpac posted:

Dave said “ROH has no buzz” on the Observer this morning, I am afraid I need to cancel my sub now

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Dave posted:

Enzo & Cass were not at either ROH show this weekend, nor are they booked on anything announced going forward. They have been given no future dates and right now are not factored into anything.

There were key people very upset with that segment internally and as noted before, internal divisiveness whether to do it. The idea of why was explained last week, but not everyone bought that. The original idea was to do a very quick bit that would take place in the corner by the guard rails. Enzo was to grab Mark Briscoe and Mark was to shove Enzo and that would be it. It would be so quick so as not to sound the alarms. People on TV may or may not see it, but people would hear about it. I guess the idea, since Enzo did interrupt a WWE show legit, was to play off that. Security was to then take Enzo away to make it look real. The idea is that if there was a buzz, maybe they’d follow up, but if nobody cared, it was so short that people would just assume it was real.

It got out of control and right now there are no plans to bring them back, but there are also different people with different viewpoints involved with creative and it’s not clear how the wind will blow.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Not sure why Dave’s using the passive voice if Enzo and Cass went off script. Everyone involved here is just the most colossal dumbass and it says something about ROH if there’s no blowback against the folks who pushed for the idea in the first place.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
So wait, Cass wasn't even supposed to get involved? So why the gently caress was he there? And why did Bully come down?!

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

:laffo:

We're getting into "and it was never follow up on again" territory.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
Lol, just lol, if Cass manages to lose another job by overdoing it.

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

coconono posted:

We're getting into "and it was never follow up on again" territory.

Honestly, at this point I'm wondering how long it'll be until ROH goes completely TNA and hires Russo, the are already doing everything else it seems.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Hikuleo has been added to the War of the Worlds tour https://www.rohwrestling.com/news/hikuleo-makes-his-roh-debut-war-worlds-tour

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
oof if they wont even let YOSHI-HASHI tour for you

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

GoD defending the ROH tag titles against the Briscoes in the Chicago WotW show

Also added to the tour (all dates): New Japan LA Dojo Young Lions Clark Connors, Karl Fredericks and Alex Coughlin

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Bad news week continues: Fightful's Sean Ross Sapp casually mentioned in an AEW-related piece that ROH pretty much only helped with All In because they thought it'd flop and prove to the Elite that they needed ROH more than ROH needed them

quote:

My only real insight is from the Ring of Honor side. At least two people that I spoke to within Ring of Honor didn't really expect All In to succeed to the level that it did on the back of the now-All Elite Wrestling talent. Some within the company suggested ROH's willingness to help with that show was under the suspicion that it wouldn't work out so well, those involved would see the grass wasn't so green, and realize they'd need the company's help. There were also that suggested ROH extend those talents' deals through the MSG show as a trade-off for the company helping out -- something that didn't happen. But hey, at least ROH has the rights to the All In footage.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Chris James 2 posted:

Bad news week continues: Fightful's Sean Ross Sapp casually mentioned in an AEW-related piece that ROH pretty much only helped with All In because they thought it'd flop and prove to the Elite that they needed ROH more than ROH needed them

That is some tremendously bad foresight. You think they would be better at knowing when something has buzz.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Chris James 2 posted:

Crack WCW logic.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Tbf, Arena Mexico main eventer Matt Taven wasn’t getting a push, there was every reason to expect it would be a bust

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Chris James 2 posted:

Hmm, how'd that work out for ya?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

the future of ROH's survival is constantly partnering with more popular promotions. The Bridesmaid of Wrestling.