Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Enzo cut an 8 minute promo on his youtube channel if you wanna watch it. I had to tap out at the 6 minute mark.

Mickey Gall is there. I'm so disappointed in him for associating with this lowlife. :geno:

Oh yeah and Tama is ripping him to shreds on his own twitter. https://twitter.com/Tama_Tonga

I almost don't even want Tama to give this idiot the rub of addressing him but goddamn if it's not fun to watch.

MJeff fucked around with this message at 01:03 on Apr 25, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
I'd rather gargle bleach than get Enzo's channel on my YouTube history, someone else summarize what he said

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Wrestlezone posted:

The personal Twitter feud between Enzo Amore and Tama Tanga isn’t slowing down. Amore laughed at Tanga’s response to him and said that he has seen a lot of terrible promos but he took the cake. He then told “Chimichanga” that he spent the biggest night of his career at Madison Square Garden getting worked by Enzo.

Amore didn’t stop there. He finished off by saying that no promotion would check with him to bring in a talent like Enzo because he’s bigger than that. “I spit facts, dude,” said Amore. “Number one draw in the biggest promotion in the world in my rookie year. Took an entire promotion on the road. I’m not asking you for poo poo."

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP
All Tama had to say was Enzo got knocked out by a ring rope and the argument is over.

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED
Chimichanga

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

nice knowing you, Enzo.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

If it goes beyond this the only outcome is Tama looking worse. Enzo and Cass apparently weren’t part of the latest taping so presumably there’s no harm in just ignoring them

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I imagine Tama Tonga is getting a bit more broad exposure here than he's used to and may be falling into it a bit.

But yeah, there's no point. He's got the edge over Enzo and can just ignore him and look like the better man and objectively more successful and important wrestler.

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC
I am stupidly intrigued by all the catty selfie promos but not nearly as intrigued to put down cash to see them wrassle it out

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Nick Aldis in an interview with SportingNews posted:

I think we’re at a crossroads with Ring of Honor. I think they’ve been a valuable partner to us in terms of us being able to get our message out there. We felt that Ring of Honor represented a lot of the things that the NWA represented in its heyday but in a more modern era. We looked at it that the guys like Nigel McGuinness, Bryan Danielson, AJ Styles, Samoa Joe. We felt like those guys in the early 2000s represented the closest thing to the sort of ethos and spirit of the NWA in its heyday in the ’80s.

We’ve benefitted each other but we are ready to move. We’ve had some very good momentum for a short period of time and we know that one way or another in the next few months after the Crockett Cup – depending on how things shake out there – it’s going to be time for us to make a move. Where that takes us in terms of our existing relationships with Ring of Honor or anybody else, who knows.

SportingNews posted:

Aldis was also asked why he didn’t defend the NWA Title at the G1 Supercard at Madison Square Garden. “They didn’t want it,” said Aldis. “I’m not going to sit here and politically dance around and give some bullshit answer as to why that didn’t happen. They didn’t want it.”

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Even though I dont care for Aldis, it would have been really cool to say that the NWA Title was defended in MSG

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

KungFu Grip posted:

Even though I dont care for Aldis, it would have been really cool to say that the NWA Title was defended in MSG

Had to cut the NWA match for time so Bully Ray could yell Ow My Balls

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Jenkem Delivery posted:

Had to cut the NWA match for time so Bully Ray could yell Ow My Balls

Thank god for that.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

A Nick Aldis match is the last thing that card needed

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Especially when the NWA title has been defended in MSG when the title actually meant something.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

3 of the 4 War of the Worlds cards have been finalized

5/8 Buffalo
GoD defend the tag titles against Lethal and Gresham
Villain Enterprises defend the trios titles against Nagata, Kojima and Cobb
Flip/Bandido
Rush/Silas
Hikuleo/Shane Taylor
PJ Black/Alex Coughlin
Tracy Williams and Mark Haskins vs EVIL and SANADA
TK O'Ryan and Vinny Marseglia vs Karl Fredericks and Clark Conners

5/9 Toronto
Taven defends the world title against PCO
Lethal/Kojima
Silas/Nagata
Four Corner Survival with Brody, Cobb, Taylor and Goto
Williams and Haskins vs Briscoes
PJ/Rush
Fredericks, Conners and Coughlin vs GoD and Hikuleo
TK and Vinny vs EVIL and SANADA

5/11 Grand Rapids
Lethal, Cobb, Kojima, Nagata and Goto vs Bully Ray, Taylor, Silas and the Briscoes
PCO/Haskins
Kingdom vs GoD and Hikuleo
Kelly Klein defends the women's title against Stacy Shadows
Williams vs Rush vs PJ vs Eli Isom
Cheeseburger/Conners
Bouncers vs EVIL and SANADA
Coast 2 Coast vs Fredericks and Coughlin

So far for 5/12 Chicago
GoD if they're still tag champs defend against Briscoes
Kojima and Nagata vs EVIL and SANADA
Goto/Hikuleo

Also Dragon Lee's been signed to appear at the Best in the World shows in June

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Oh good that Grand Rapids card sucks I have zero temptation to go.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

if they're actually gonna pull the trigger on the Enzo and Cass thing, the Chicago show would be the one.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Every time I think of maybe going to Chicago because of Nagata I remember EnC and say no.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
weirdly intrigued by the bouncers vs evil and sanada tbh

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
Evil should be ROH champ.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Bigass Moth posted:

Evil should be ROH champ.

Yes. He should be most promotions' champ. And he should feud with Ishii in all of them.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Strawberry Panda posted:

Yes. He should be most promotions' champ. And he should feud with Ishii in all of them.

This is incorrect because how can EVIL be the champ if Ishii is the champ? (I will once again state my fervent belief that Big Tom Ishii is the best wrestler in the world)

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Gaz-L posted:

This is incorrect because how can EVIL be the champ if Ishii is the champ? (I will once again state my fervent belief that Big Tom Ishii is the best wrestler in the world)

Guess they'll have to settle it in a best of 1001 series.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
The NWA/ROH show is on and its set up is kind of cool, very throwback ring with old ROH logo

Demtor
Apr 23, 2008

"...you won't be able to walk, if you're always worried about crushing the ants beneath you..."
Must have been a real barn burning buzz worthy show if the only thing anyone had to say about it was, "the ring looks cool."

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Demtor posted:

Must have been a real barn burning buzz worthy show if the only thing anyone had to say about it was, "the ring looks cool."

the NWA stuff was really good. Scurll/Aldis is worth going out of your way to see. Colt/Mack match was good. NWA Tag finals could have been worse but PCO tried to cripple BRAM so that's an upshot.

Caprice Coleman got to geek out with Nikita Koloff and Magnum TA.

Demtor
Apr 23, 2008

"...you won't be able to walk, if you're always worried about crushing the ants beneath you..."
Well that's good to hear. Maybe NWA will help ROH get some of the stink off from MSG.

Kikkoman
Nov 28, 2002

Posing along since 2005
I'm gonna be at the Toronto show with a friend, can't wait to see PCO crowned as ROH champ

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

It's very unfortunate PCO is going to become a Melvin at the hands of only the second man in history to win world titles at Arena Mexico and Madison Square Garden, CMLL Aniversario Main eventer Matt Taven.

Pinche Rudo fucked around with this message at 15:23 on Apr 30, 2019

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Jenkem Delivery posted:

It's very unfortunate PCO is going to become a Melvin at the hands of only the second man in history to win world titles at Arena Mexico and Madison Square Garden, CMLL Aniversario Main eventer Matt Taven.

I dont think it was a world title he won in cmll

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

KungFu Grip posted:

I dont think it was a world title he won in cmll

NWA World Historic Welterweight Championship

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

drat, guess he's Historic now too

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Actually going back and looking at the records he's the first to win world titles in both Arena Mexico and MSG. Mil máscaras won the Mexican National Light Heavyweight title in arena México but it was a national not a world title. He also defended the IWA world championship but did not win it in the building

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

Jenkem Delivery posted:

Actually going back and looking at the records he's the first to win world titles in both Arena Mexico and MSG. Mil máscaras won the Mexican National Light Heavyweight title in arena México but it was a national not a world title. He also defended the IWA world championship but did not win it in the building

So, I looked this up, and apparently you're talking about the NWA Historic World Welterweight Championship. According to Wiki, CMLL had the NWA World Welterweight championship forever, then NWA said "hey you haven't been in the NWA for 50 years, you can't have an NWA belt" so they said "OK" and just called it the "NWA Historic" belt instead. Kinda lol.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Hellblazer187 posted:

So, I looked this up, and apparently you're talking about the NWA Historic World Welterweight Championship. According to Wiki, CMLL had the NWA World Welterweight championship forever, then NWA said "hey you haven't been in the NWA for 50 years, you can't have an NWA belt" so they said "OK" and just called it the "NWA Historic" belt instead. Kinda lol.

they had a few belts like that actually. They did it for the Light Heavyweight and Middleweight belts too iirc

of course this is CMLL where belts are pretty much worthless and there's like 3 other Welterweight champions, at least one of which is a "World" championship

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK posted:

they had a few belts like that actually. They did it for the Light Heavyweight and Middleweight belts too iirc

of course this is CMLL where belts are pretty much worthless and there's like 3 other Welterweight champions, at least one of which is a "World" championship
I went to Cagematch to have a look and it's really impressive. There is a CMLL World Lightweight Championship Dragon Lee has held for over three years and defended a whopping five times in that time and the "Oops, we forgot to book the annual title defense for 2018" title. :allears:

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:

frankenfreak posted:

There is a CMLL World Lightweight Championship Dragon Lee has held for over three years

you really undersold the storied history of this one imo https://www.cagematch.net/?id=5&nr=1100

abraham linksys fucked around with this message at 05:27 on May 1, 2019

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

frankenfreak posted:

I went to Cagematch to have a look and it's really impressive. There is a CMLL World Lightweight Championship Dragon Lee has held for over three years and defended a whopping five times in that time and the "Oops, we forgot to book the annual title defense for 2018" title. :allears:

CMLL rarely books singles matches, and if they do in order of frequency, it tends to be a lightning match (10 minute time limit, single fall) and then a title match (of which there are like 20 singles titles all of which might get defended a couple of times a year), or some sort of apuestas match which happens a few times a year on a big show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Buzz

https://twitter.com/nwa/status/1123736896239173633