Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/FiteTV/status/1153097472044085248

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
I mean... One of ROH's biggest criticisms in the 2010's is that they always let outside talent outshine the ROH guys, so at least they learned that. Still... it's Kenny King.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

I'm constantly surprised when I hear Kenny King is still wrestling. It feels like he's been in ROH for a thousand years.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

He was part timing ROH for years so he could do reality TV and stripping. I think he's really good and anyone that reduces Cornette to apoplectics is a hero of the working class.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Man the venue looked and sounded empty for that show last night. I'd say what 300-400 people max?

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Pinche Rudo posted:

Man the venue looked and sounded empty for that show last night. I'd say what 300-400 people max?

the entire second floor balcony was pretty much empty

if you want to see this place packed, this was the venue where Cody won the title on PPV

itll sellout for when NJPW comes by in a few months when they do their Lowell stop, so watch out

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

if I ever promote wrestling and I don't sell out the balcony, I'm turning that poo poo into the orgy pavilion and selling armbands to that.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

coconono posted:

if I ever promote wrestling and I don't sell out the balcony, I'm turning that poo poo into the orgy pavilion and selling armbands to that.

Can I help run your promotion

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Can I help run your promotion

you can be the armband checker.

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

coconono posted:

He was part timing ROH for years so he could do reality TV and stripping. I think he's really good and anyone that reduces Cornette to apoplectics is a hero of the working class.

He is really good, but I feel like most of his career has been wasted in lovely stables and tag teams. The "Special K with booze instead of drugs" YRR start early in his career, BeatDownClan in TNA, the unnecessary second ANX run in ROH, and of course the whole awful Rebellion/Cabinet stuff. If he'd done more singles stuff like his X-Title feud with Aries, people would probably have a higher opinion of him.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
They're either reuniting ANX or doing a Kenny/Rhett singles feud so that's a thing.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Judging by him winning the Honor Rumble and how unlikely he is to leave, I think King might actually be the next ROH champion. Especially if they get cold feet wrt Rush.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I think they've already given up on Rush but its hard to tell with ROH booking anymore.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

coconono posted:

I think they've already given up on Rush but its hard to tell with ROH booking anymore.

Yeah. On one hand? Still undefeated in ROH as far as I know. On the other, from what I've read he seems to largely be stuck on the pre-show.

Fad
Nov 13, 2002

I dont care.

Germansimp posted:

He is really good, but I feel like most of his career has been wasted in lovely stables and tag teams. The "Special K with booze instead of drugs" YRR start early in his career, BeatDownClan in TNA, the unnecessary second ANX run in ROH, and of course the whole awful Rebellion/Cabinet stuff. If he'd done more singles stuff like his X-Title feud with Aries, people would probably have a higher opinion of him.

You forgot his run on the Bachelorette, where he lost a mud wrestling challenge.

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

He was also on Bachelor in Paradise where he briefly dated a woman but left the show because he didn't want to miss his daughter's big dance recital.

e: on BiP he took a woman on a date to see some lucha and then at the end of the match he got in the ring and beat the guys up and posed.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

if she didn't twirl her panties after the lucha show she wasn't worth the effort

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Kenny came off quite well in all that Bachelorette, BiP, stuff IMO.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

coconono posted:

I’m imagining an overlap of wrestling fans and orgy attendees and it’s not a pretty sight.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP

coconono posted:

if she didn't twirl her panties after the lucha show she wasn't worth the effort

I don't think there's anywhere to gently caress until the finale.

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

Bigass Moth posted:

I’m imagining an overlap of wrestling fans and orgy attendees and it’s not a pretty sight.

Thinking about everyone I knew who was into orgies and it's almost identical in terms of appearance and the gender ratio.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Not even 8 months into the year

Flip's 3rd significant injury of it

https://twitter.com/FightfulWrestle/status/1153425770397650944

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

sportsgenius86 posted:

Kenny came off quite well in all that Bachelorette, BiP, stuff IMO.

I agree, he seemed to have good self awareness and an ability to go with the flow. He never leaned into the wrestling stuff by like, cutting promos or other cringey rear end poo poo. He was just a decent dude.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

TTBF posted:

Thinking about everyone I knew who was into orgies and it's almost identical in terms of appearance and the gender ratio.

I am a business genius, which is why I will never get into wrestling promoting. Unless I find a giant pile of money someone was gonna burn anyway. Maybe I’ll do that during the economic crisis Sinclair broadcasting is encouraging.

TheCool69
Sep 23, 2011
Man, reading about ROH flopping makes me sad for PCO. He just seems to have so much fun, and has talked multiple times on having a dream of winning a title on a meaningfull company.. :( Please Khan save him

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

TheCool69 posted:

Man, reading about ROH flopping makes me sad for PCO. He just seems to have so much fun, and has talked multiple times on having a dream of winning a title on a meaningfull company.. :( Please Khan save him

PCO is tailor made for the NEVER belt

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

davidbix posted:

It is.

Anyway, had ROH EVER come close to bombing like this in NYC before?

https://twitter.com/davidbix/status/1152727472166907904

Crowd size/amount of buzz was hurting NWA's reputation too much to want to continue partnering https://twitter.com/PWInsidercom/status/1154063617341480962

PWInsider posted:

NWA Vice President Dave Lagana, who had been producing all of the ROH pre-tapes over the last seven months, finished his commitments with Ring of Honor this past weekend as well.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
ROH's attendance went down when they started working with the NWA, now they can get the NWA stink off them and be back to setting records.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Another one gone

PWInsider posted:

Chris Resnick, who was an important cog behind the scenes for Ring of Honor as a Director and Producer for the company's weekly TV series and PPVs has been hired by World Wrestling Entertainment to work full-time on WWE Network programming, PWInsider.com has confirmed.

We are told Resnick informed ROH yesterday that he would be departing the company. He's been with ROH for eight years, working on over 400 TV episodes and was extremely well liked by the talents in the company.

Resnick had directed a number of PPVs this year for ROH including the G1 Supercard and the Crockett Cup. He also handled a lot of the graphics and video packages for the company. His departure will certainly be felt.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I'm curious to hear what he has to say about the Enzo and Cass booking stuff. I imagine he probably caught a lot of flack from some understandably pissed off wrestlers.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP

coconono posted:

I'm curious to hear what he has to say about the Enzo and Cass booking stuff. I imagine he probably caught a lot of flack from some understandably pissed off wrestlers.

Probably "That was a pivotol moment in my career cause Vince called, told me it was the good poo poo, and gave me a job!"

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/SeanRossSapp/status/1157741745586626561

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

Marty’s contract, in reality, is unstuck in time. He is both already released and three years from being released.

So it goes.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Summer Supercard is Friday

Briscoes (Mark and Jay Briscoe) defend the tag titles against GoD (Tama Tonga and Tanga Loa) in a ladder war
Matt Taven defends the world title against Alex Shelley
Shane Taylor defends the TV title against Tracy Williams
Rush vs Dalton Castle in a no DQ match
Kelly Klein defends the Women of Honor title against Tasha Steelz
Jay Lethal and Jonathan Gresham vs Lifeblood (Bandido and Mark Haskins)
Villain Enterprises (PCO and Brody King) vs Kingdom (Vinny Marseglia and TK O'Ryan)
Caristico, Soberano Jr and Stuka Jr vs Barbaro Cavernario, Hechicero and Templario
PJ Black vs Silas Young

Chris James 2 fucked around with this message at 19:19 on Aug 7, 2019

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

That looks like a great card but I'm super leery about ROH after the last show I watched.

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

Yeah that card looks okay but I don't trust ROH and am not going.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

The CMLL trios match should be good. Rush should be able to get a decent match out of Dalton Castle unless his body is totally hosed. The rest of that card is very meh.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

https://twitter.com/CheeseburgerROH/status/1158762101822939136

nice to see ROH's dojo system is still working at Sinclair Speed.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Pinche Rudo posted:

The CMLL trios match should be good. Rush should be able to get a decent match out of Dalton Castle unless his body is totally hosed. The rest of that card is very meh.

bad news about Dalton

also you should watch Ultimo Guerrero defend his title against Ciber the Main Man in Arena Mexico on Friday

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blast0rama
Aug 13, 2003

Tingly.

Buzz?

https://twitter.com/toshanshuinLA/status/1158836955049803779

Buzz.

https://twitter.com/BritWresAwayDay/status/1159117567052697601