Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Easy come easy go

https://twitter.com/ringofhonor/status/1164250909917896705

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Vinny should ask Rob Zombie if he can use his name.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

The sound of the Buzz.

https://twitter.com/theDALTONcastle/status/1164959290081386496

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
A full promo
https://twitter.com/ringofhonor/status/1164655536631164929

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Ricky Morton and Robert Gibson are going to be tag team champs in TYOOL 2019.

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money
against my better judgement I am attending the atlanta ROH show tomorrow. i get to see Rush live for the first time and Bandido vs Scurll which'll be a banger, but I'm not optimistic about the rest of the show

Tomahawk
Aug 13, 2003

HE KNOWS

Low Desert Punk posted:

against my better judgement I am attending the atlanta ROH show tomorrow. i get to see Rush live for the first time and Bandido vs Scurll which'll be a banger, but I'm not optimistic about the rest of the show

If you wait like 6 months you could see all of that in a better promotion probably and not have memories of a sparsely populated front 3 rows consisting of “Streamer Guy” trying to hype up 78 fans

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Joe Koff a couple of weeks ago said ROH's next move/evolution is live TV

https://twitter.com/cagesideseats/status/1164986925566038023

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money

Tomahawk posted:

If you wait like 6 months you could see all of that in a better promotion probably and not have memories of a sparsely populated front 3 rows consisting of “Streamer Guy” trying to hype up 78 fans

but how else can I accurately report back to the forums the level of BUZZ

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

rovert posted:

Joe Koff a couple of weeks ago said ROH's next move/evolution is live TV

https://twitter.com/cagesideseats/status/1164986925566038023

Matt Taven live every Thursday night. (Where they'll lose to NXT VODs)

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

If you have Honor Club there's live shows this weekend

Tonight from Atlanta is Saturday Night At Center Stage:

Brian Johnson vs Austin Gunn in a Top Prospect tournament match
Ken Dixon vs Haitian Sensation in a Top Prospect tournament match
Angelina Love vs Sumie Sakai
Rhett Titus vs Shaheem Ali
Beer City Bruiser vs Vinny Marseglia
Silas Young, Okumura and Felino vs Cheeseburger, Eli Isom and Ryan Nova
PCO and Brody King vs Mark Haskins and Tracy Williams
Chase Owens vs LSG vs PJ Black in a triple threat for a TV title shot tomorrow
Matt Taven, Shane Taylor and The Briscoes vs Jeff Cobb, Rush, Jay Lethal and Kenny King in a Champs vs All Stars match

Tomorrow in Nashville is Honor For All:

Rush vs Vinny Marseglia
Shane Taylor defends the TV title against the winner of tonight's triple threat
Villain Enterprises (Marty Scurll, PCO and Brody King) defend the trios titles against Lifeblood (Bandido, Mark Haskins and Tracy Williams)
The Briscoes (Mark and Jay) defend the tag titles against Rock n Roll Express (Ricky Morton and Robert Gibson)
Matt Taven vs Jay Lethal vs Kenny King vs Jeff Cobb in a 4-way elimination Defy Or Deny match; if one of the contenders (Lethal, Kenny or Cobb) wins, he gets a future world title shot. If Taven wins, whoever's eliminated last doesn't get a world title shot as long as Taven's champ

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Chris James 2 posted:

If you have Honor Club there's live shows this weekend

Tonight from Atlanta is Saturday Night At Center Stage:

Brian Johnson vs Austin Gunn in a Top Prospect tournament match
Ken Dixon vs Haitian Sensation in a Top Prospect tournament match
Angelina Love vs Sumie Sakai
Rhett Titus vs Shaheem Ali
Beer City Bruiser vs Vinny Marseglia
Silas Young, Okumura and Felino vs Cheeseburger, Eli Isom and Ryan Nova
PCO and Brody King vs Mark Haskins and Tracy Williams
Chase Owens vs LSG vs PJ Black in a triple threat for a TV title shot tomorrow
Matt Taven, Shane Taylor and The Briscoes vs Jeff Cobb, Rush, Jay Lethal and Kenny King in a Champs vs All Stars match

Tomorrow in Nashville is Honor For All:

Rush vs Vinny Marseglia
Shane Taylor defends the TV title against the winner of tonight's triple threat
Villain Enterprises (Marty Scurll, PCO and Brody King) defend the trios titles against Lifeblood (Bandido, Mark Haskins and Tracy Williams)
The Briscoes (Mark and Jay) defend the tag titles against Rock n Roll Express (Ricky Morton and Robert Gibson)
Matt Taven vs Jay Lethal vs Kenny King vs Jeff Cobb in a 4-way elimination Defy Or Deny match; if one of the contenders (Lethal, Kenny or Cobb) wins, he gets a future world title shot. If Taven wins, whoever's eliminated last doesn't get a world title shot as long as Taven's champ

Wait, that last gimmick makes no sense. Shouldn't it be the FIRST guy out that never gets a shot? Or anyone Taven personally eliminates?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Gaz-L posted:

Wait, that last gimmick makes no sense. Shouldn't it be the FIRST guy out that never gets a shot? Or anyone Taven personally eliminates?

It's at least the second time they've had this type of match during Taven's reign. In June Taven won one and the last person eliminated was when Taven pinned Flip; Flip hasn't had a shot since and can't as long as Taven's champ

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

More signs the ROH/NJPW relationship has major buzz is not only NJPW running the Supe J Cup this weekend but also the fact they had Juice Robinson work Defy and not ROH

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
I swear Juice said he's never going back to ROH in some interview

UnlimitedSpessmans
Jul 31, 2015

KungFu Grip posted:

He said recently he wanted to focus on new japan.

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin

KungFu Grip posted:

He did. A lot of the talent has said they refused to work there anymore. Since MSG we have seen what GoD a couple of times and Evil and SANADA once? GoD basically trashed RoH and those titles the entire time they had them.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

KungFu Grip posted:

Correct

Enjoy Lifeblood having 3 members until December, when Bandido's contract expires

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Lifeblood, talk about an idea that exploded in the hangar.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Chris James 2 posted:

Correct

Enjoy Lifeblood having 3 members until December, when Bandido's contract expires

I've lost track. But I believe Bandido was signed for two years. Mexican Wrestlers have to be signed for 2 years or more for Visa reasons these days.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

rovert posted:

I've lost track. But I believe Bandido was signed for two years. Mexican Wrestlers have to be signed for 2 years or more for Visa reasons these days.

I wouldn't be surprised if Dave got it wrong from his ROH sources, I'm just remembering what he said the week of the June 27 newsletter

Chris James 2 posted:

The contracts of Cobb, Marty, and Bandido all expire by no later than the end of Final Battle

Cobb I still fully expect to just sign fulltime with New Japan

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
There's a couple of ROH contracts ending very soon that haven't been and won't be publicised online for the fear of ROH claiming contract tampering. The Wednesday Night War era will be fun.

Chris James 2 posted:

Cobb I still fully expect to just sign fulltime with New Japan

I've no idea what is next for him. But I personally thought he failed the audition in the G1 no?

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I liked Cobb's G1 but I think I'm in the minority there. Either way I think he'd be good in NJPW.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

I feel like he did fine but everyone expected better stuff from him. He would do fine in NJPW as low card entrancement talent. Maybe put him in BC or Suzuki-Gun and have him develop a character like ZSJ did.

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin
Glad to see the RoH way of letting people from other promotions go over your own talent continues.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

rovert posted:

I've no idea what is next for him. But I personally thought he failed the audition in the G1 no?

I thought he did fine. He underperformed to expectations, but the G1's a tough endurance test for everyone the first time. Even if you saw his run (or Moxley's run or KENTA's run, two other First G1s this year that I saw some have issues about), I don't really think I could hold that, or not being The Star of a tournament where usually half there's at least a couple incredible standout performances consistently, against a talent as representative of how their whole time in the company could go or that they shouldn't have a roster spot if there's spots that need filled

KENTA comes to mind, that heel turn/joining Bullet Club/laying out Shibata trifecta segment got me more interested in KENTA in New Japan than I think I've been interested in any story coming out of a G1 in a long time, and how he did in the actual tournament didn't diminish the impact for me

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin

Chris James 2 posted:

I thought he did fine. He underperformed to expectations, but the G1's a tough endurance test for everyone the first time. Even if you saw his run (or Moxley's run or KENTA's run, two other First G1s this year that I saw some have issues about), I don't really think I could hold that, or not being The Star of a tournament where usually half there's at least a couple incredible standout performances consistently, against a talent as representative of how their whole time in the company could go or that they shouldn't have a roster spot if there's spots that need filled

KENTA comes to mind, that heel turn/joining Bullet Club/laying out Shibata trifecta segment got me more interested in KENTA in New Japan than I think I've been interested in any story coming out of a G1 in a long time, and how he did in the actual tournament didn't diminish the impact for me

You also have to remember that New Japan basically had everyone end with 8 points which the exception of those in the Finals, Goto and Moxley for whatever reasons. Oh and poor Lance Archer ending with 6 points.

I thought Cobb did fine this year. He was there to put other over and he had a couple impressive matches. He isn't a full time talent so they aren't going to invest in him too much. If he would sign full time I am sure he would get a push.

On another note Bandido is real, real good.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Gaz-L posted:

I like that stip. In theory the guy who lasts longest will be the toughest opponent, so the champ is earning the right to not have to face him.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Bigass Moth posted:

I like that stip. In theory the guy who lasts longest will be the toughest opponent, so the champ is earning the right to not have to face him.

Also, by definition it is the only opponent Taven HAS to beat one-on-one, since in every other scenario Taven can either be uninvolved or secondary to the elimination.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Cobb just needs to realize that in New Japan he needs to be more of a hoss with cool moves not a big guy with coold moves that sells

Tomahawk
Aug 13, 2003

HE KNOWS

rovert posted:

There's a couple of ROH contracts ending very soon that haven't been and won't be publicised online for the fear of ROH claiming contract tampering. The Wednesday Night War era will be fun.

Since there is no wrestling commission that enforces tampering rules, wouldn’t the only type of tampering that anyone would care about be the lawsuit worthy kind such as coercing a talent to break their contract?

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Tomahawk posted:

Since there is no wrestling commission that enforces tampering rules, wouldn’t the only type of tampering that anyone would care about be the lawsuit worthy kind such as coercing a talent to break their contract?

ROH made life very difficult for Cole, Fish and O'Reilly regardless.

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin

Tomahawk posted:

Technically much like with anyone else with a contract you can't really make an offer before they have an ability too. WWE got caught doing it with RoH talent several times and with Cole, KOR and Fish Sinclair hit them with their lawyers which is why they had to sit out for months before officially sign with WWE.

I assume anyone looking to leave RoH saw how that all happened and is trying to avoid it again, especially at this point and time where money and exposure is going to be at it's near highest.

I have a couple of ideas who might be on the open market and they would be interesting but nothing game changing if it is who I they are.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

PCO got hosed up at the show. do not click this if at work or if squeamish

lost my old email
Jun 20, 2019

so he is bringing back the eyepatch then

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

I'm not gonna click the link, but what happened?

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin

Hellblazer187 posted:

I'm not gonna click the link, but what happened?

Did that dive to nowhere and landed on his face. Has an eye injury. Worse thing it was the first match on the show for like 300 people.

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!

Djarum posted:

Did that dive to nowhere and landed on his face. Has an eye injury. Worse thing it was the first match on the show for like 300 people.
Well, at least it's on the side where he already lost his eye.

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin

davidbix posted:

Well, at least it's on the side where he already lost his eye.

True. I don’t know why he is killing himself for basically a house show like that. Granted the Bandido/Marty match was great and the multiman Main Event was pretty good, better than I was expecting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Djarum posted:

True. I don’t know why he is killing himself for basically a house show like that. Granted the Bandido/Marty match was great and the multiman Main Event was pretty good, better than I was expecting.

It's what he does.