Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

HOLY gently caress

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Oh baby speedball its been so long

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

What a difference six years has made. Was this tournament any good?

https://www.instagram.com/tv/B2o-Cpcn8cS/

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Pinche Rudo posted:

Jesus, 9 out of the 16 men in the field are now in the WWE (including Sonjay Dutt who is a producer): Dutt, Adam Cole, Tommaso Ciampa, Michael Bennett, Karl Anderson, ACH, Kevin Steen, Brian Kendrick, Roderick Strong. BJ Whitmer is with AEW, Michael Elgin is with Impact, gently caress knows what Paul London is doing now as he's not wrestled at all in 2019 according to Cagematch. So all they've got left is Jay Lethal, Matt Taven (I had no idea he had been around ROH for so long), Silas Young & Mark Briscoe. Ouch.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Pinche Rudo posted:

yeah it was real good. Openers were all bangers.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

forkboy84 posted:

Jesus, 9 out of the 16 men in the field are now in the WWE (including Sonjay Dutt who is a producer): Dutt, Adam Cole, Tommaso Ciampa, Michael Bennett, Karl Anderson, ACH, Kevin Steen, Brian Kendrick, Roderick Strong. BJ Whitmer is with AEW, Michael Elgin is with Impact, gently caress knows what Paul London is doing now as he's not wrestled at all in 2019 according to Cagematch. So all they've got left is Jay Lethal, Matt Taven (I had no idea he had been around ROH for so long), Silas Young & Mark Briscoe. Ouch.

London's a producer for Impact

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
I just assumed London was still in LU contract jail but

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK posted:

London's a producer for Impact

This is news to me

vivazomo
Nov 4, 2010

Pinche Rudo posted:

Michael Elgin, Kevin Steen, Adam Cole, Tomasso Ciampa as the final four. Six years later Kevin Steen is unemployed while Adam Cole and Tomasso Ciampa are working in front of 400 people at the DeVry University Gymnasium. How depressing. The lone bright spot is Michael Elgin, who wrestled on a Madison Square Garden PPV last week.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Roque is that you

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
How many buys did the last big NXT get, hmm? Not as many as the AAA show, I bet! *points to head*

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Gaz-L posted:

How many buys did the last big NXT get, hmm? Not as many as the AAA show, I bet! *points to head*

0 is less than 5 yes.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
:thejoke:

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

vivazomo posted:

Michael Elgin, Kevin Steen, Adam Cole, Tomasso Ciampa as the final four. Six years later Kevin Steen is unemployed while Adam Cole and Tomasso Ciampa are working in front of 400 people at the DeVry University Gymnasium. How depressing. The lone bright spot is Michael Elgin, who wrestled on a Madison Square Garden PPV last week.

I’m chef kissing all over this post

No Luck Needed
Mar 18, 2015

Ravel Crew

vivazomo posted:

history is a mirror to the past

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

AEW spooked Marty

https://twitter.com/MartyScurll/status/1176232009481510918

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

I'm surprised ROH doesn't move to like a studio wrestling set up. There's got to be some place in America where they can consistently sell 200 tickets. If the point is cheap content for Sinclair then it's probably better not to waste money touring and not selling out venues for TV tapings.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Hellblazer187 posted:

I'm surprised ROH doesn't move to like a studio wrestling set up. There's got to be some place in America where they can consistently sell 200 tickets. If the point is cheap content for Sinclair then it's probably better not to waste money touring and not selling out venues for TV tapings.

or run co-shows like TNA does. ROH really doesn't have the roster depth anymore to be viable on its own.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

There's a PPV in like 50 hours

Friday Sept 27
Death Before Dishonor

Jeff Cobb vs Brody King in the pre-show match
The Bouncers (Brian Milonas and Beer City Bruiser) vs Silas Young and Vinny Marseglia in a barroom brawl
Jay Lethal vs Jonathan Gresham
Colt Cabana vs Marty Scurll in a first-round match in the Final Battle #1 contender tournament
Kenny King vs PCO in a first-round match in the Final Battle #1 contender tournament
Kelly Klein defends the Women of Honor title against Angelina Love
Shane Taylor defends the TV title against Flip Gordon and Tracy Williams in a triple threat
The Briscoes (Mark and Jay Briscoe) defend the tag titles against Lifeblood (Bandido and Mark Haskins)
Matt Taven defends the world title against the undefeated Rush

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Chris James 2 posted:

Jeff Cobb vs Brody King in the pre-show match
lol

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

How does Jeff Cobb get shunted to the preshow in favor of the loving Kingdom

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

kingdom wont leave

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Didn’t cobb just sign another year deal

fatherofmustard
May 15, 2018

https://twitter.com/Newsweek/status/1176992295465443334

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

quote:

I'm not going to compete at levels I can't compete at, we never have. But I can be really good at what I do, and that's what my goal is: to be the very best at what we do.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

High standards including hiring Angelina Love and Velvet Sky, right. Mandy is the workhorse of that group and it’s a miracle they haven’t injured KK yet.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Taven's deal's up in 2 weeks

Dave said ROH made a substantial offer to get him to stay

John Dudebro
Dec 3, 2013

jim johnston made a theme for pco

https://twitter.com/PWInsidercom/status/1177273015110967299

neat

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
I almost forgot that there's a PPV tonight :psyduck:

I'm ... probably not paying $40 to watch Taven beat Rush

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Chris James 2 posted:

Death Before Dishonor

Colt Cabana vs Marty Scurll in a first-round match in the Final Battle #1 contender tournament
Kenny King vs PCO in a first-round match in the Final Battle #1 contender tournament

why are two of four first-round tournament matches on PPV and where are the other five matches, what the actual gently caress.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
The differences in Koff's answers about Scurll's and Taven's contracts is, uh, kind of striking.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

MJeff posted:

The differences in Koff's answers about Scurll's and Taven's contracts is, uh, kind of striking.

Missed wol today, whatd koff say?

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

STONE COLD 64 posted:

Missed wol today, whatd koff say?

Quoting Cageside Seats which is quoting CBS, here:

quote:

Carroll: Marty Scurll, his contract reportedly coming up. How important is he overall to Ring of Honor and what does he brings to the table?

Koff: He is definitely a fan favorite. We face this every year. Talent comes, talent goes. I don’t like losing any of my talent. We’ve gone through this list of people that have left Ring of Honor over the course of time, and I think I was sad about every one of them leaving. But Marty’s got a great future with Ring of Honor. He’s important to Ring of Honor, and hopefully, we can conclude that positively, which is always our goal. But, again, I want people who want to be in Ring of Honor and feel what I feel about it in the strength of the company and the strength of its direction. And if all those things are in line, then I think we can expect to see Marty going forward.

Carroll: Your current champion Matt Taven’s contract is also reportedly up. Generally speaking, are things trending in the right direction in that arena?

Koff: I think so. First of all, Matt’s has been a tremendous champion for Ring of Honor. He has taken on every single person that’s come at him, and he’s done an amazing job. His matches are just, bar none, some of the best matches I’ve ever watched. And this goes back to his first match back in Brooklyn when he won the tournament to get a title shot at Jay Lethal. I remember it being in Brooklyn, and in the cage was their first match, and the amount of athleticism and artistry and just smart, ring smarts, that Matt Taven has. He’s just been a superb champion. I see an unbelievable future with Ring of Honor. We’re happy to have him, happy to have him as our champion. … So, yeah, I think things are looking up with Matt.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
#buzz

https://twitter.com/davemeltzerWON/status/1177745497504673792

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

CMLL also seems to be having some talent issues so that avenue of talent may be changing soon to as well lol

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
lmao Angelina Love is your women's champion in 2019

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Benne posted:

lmao Angelina Love is your women's champion in 2019

Even TNA stopped that in 2014

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

So much Buzz