Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

lucha legend matt taven

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

STONE COLD 64 posted:

crows sucked, kinda hurt the show. Was fun but not one of the better roh shows I've been to.

did they really make a tables match an elimination match just so they could do a gently caress finish with the heels winning in 2 straight falls

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Former NWA World Historic Welterweight Champion Matt Taven will beat Jay Lethal who, after losing, will henceforth be referred to as Black Melvinismo

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

exploded mummy posted:

did they really make a tables match an elimination match just so they could do a gently caress finish with the heels winning in 2 straight falls

bully was eliminated between the faces eliminations. there was a ref bump in this match and there was a ref bump in the previous match as well

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

I don't like the implication that Aniversario main eventer Matt Taven isn't good enough to main event Final Battle.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Matt Taven is great.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

The all-time great Final Battle main events, like

Danielson/Low Ki/Joe/Corino
Danielson/Morishima Fight Without Honor
Steen/Generico Ladder War
Jay Lethal/Matt Taven

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Chris James 2 posted:

The all-time great Final Battle main events, like

Danielson/Low Ki/Joe/Corino
Danielson/Morishima Fight Without Honor
Steen/Generico Ladder War
Jay Lethal/Matt Taven

It'll definitely be better than Danielson vs Ki vs Joe vs Corino, a match that was merely pretty good and main evented over the equally crowd pleasing Xavier vs Paul London.

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails

KungFu Grip posted:

bully was eliminated between the faces eliminations. there was a ref bump in this match and there was a ref bump in the previous match as well

The Rhodes effect on booking

Matt Taven is unironically really good though, there are two people who have impressed me way more in person as far as charisma/personality than they do on TV, and they're surely two of the biggest legends in wrestling. Matt Taven, and Michael Bennett.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

A Matt Taven main? I must have just shaken a clown's hand because I'm all about that buzz right now

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

aw man i left before kingdom attacked and missed it.

i was thinkin about doin tv tapings since there seems to be plenty of tickets still but the dead crowd kinda hurt the show for me last night. i haven't been to a roh tv taping since about 2016, has anyone here gone to them? are they still like 6 hours long?

just rust
Oct 23, 2012

STONE COLD 64 posted:

i was thinkin about doin tv tapings since there seems to be plenty of tickets still but the dead crowd kinda hurt the show for me last night. i haven't been to a roh tv taping since about 2016, has anyone here gone to them? are they still like 6 hours long?

I've went to the TV tapings the last two years. The crowd will probably be similarly dead and smaller than yesterday's but I don't think the tapings are any longer than a standard wrestling show. (3-4 hours. Getting stoned beforehand is highly recommended.)

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

MassRafTer posted:

It'll definitely be better than Danielson vs Ki vs Joe vs Corino, a match that was merely pretty good and main evented over the equally crowd pleasing Xavier vs Paul London.

I think you mean The Greatest ROH Champion, Xavier

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

The show was a bunch of nothing until the 10 man but that and the main were very good.

ROH is just dreadfully boring right now

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

ROH really needs to bring in more freelancers to boost their mid card and replace the guys signed by the fed

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Jenkem Delivery posted:

ROH really needs to bring in more freelancers to boost their mid card and replace the guys signed by the fed

what, matt taven isnt good enough?

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

he said midcard not main event

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Super No Vacancy posted:

he said midcard not main event

Bingo

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Am told the ROH show was dead because they didn't hand out flyers.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
Went to the barber and said “give me an ROH” and I’ve never been more buzzed.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
looks like WWE has signed Punishment Martinez

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

That's absolutely baffling

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

maybe this version of Baron Corbin will get his hair situation under control.

Can't harsh the buzz, though

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Tv tapings were fun. Had a better time than at ppv. Cobb win was a surprise. Gresham is a way overlooked wrestler. I wanted ishii to chop me but he wasnt doing a meet n greet.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Draxion posted:

That's absolutely baffling

It's weird, because he looks like a weird hybrid of Roman Reigns, Baron Corbin and Tama Tonga. And his ring work is about what you'd expect from that combo.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

He’s a better worker than Corbin by quite a bit, but he somehow manages to have even less charisma, which really shouldn’t even be possible.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
The buzz is so strong that I can’t even find tv taping spoilers on Reddit.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Just posted it in the spoilers thread, friend

Tenille :smith:

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Also this was a non-TV segment closing the show so I'm reposting this part here because the buzz levels are off the chart:

Bucks, Cody and Page talk to fans about their future, tease All In 2, and say if ROH comes back to Vegas, there'd better be no empty seats

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
Buzz

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Bigass Moth posted:

The buzz is so strong that I can’t even find tv taping spoilers on Reddit.

The two biggest stories and a Bullet Club promo were spoiled multiple times just browsing twitter, so either you are lying (sent here to deny the buzz) or are just allergic to bees. The truth will come out.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

MassRafTer posted:

The two biggest stories and a Bullet Club promo were spoiled multiple times just browsing twitter, so either you are lying (sent here to deny the buzz) or are just allergic to bees. The truth will come out.

you heard it here first, Ron Killings to debut at Final Battle and challenge Jay Lethal for the ROH title

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
Imagine a Punishment Martinez + Baron Corbin tag team called Punishing The Fans. Now that would generate some buzz

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Baron Corbin to ROH because he can’t deny the buzz

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
For those who care the ROH roku app is up now, appears everything is pay based which isn't really surprising

You guys think Neville will do anything with ROH?

No Luck Needed
Mar 18, 2015

Ravel Crew

exploded mummy posted:

you heard it here first, Ron Killings to debut at Final Battle and challenge Jay Lethal for the ROH title

I would be fine with this and in fact the world is now a bit darker for me knowing that this won't happen

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

No Luck Needed posted:

I would be fine with this and in fact the world is now a bit darker for me knowing that this won't happen

It would probably be a solid match

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

at this point, I'll be surprised if Neville does anything further with wrestling.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Marquis de Pyro posted:

Imagine a Punishment Martinez + Baron Corbin tag team called Punishing The Fans. Now that would generate some buzz

https://twitter.com/cagesideseats/status/1046444584585359362

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
CSC reads my Twitter then.

Actually they have me blocked.