Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«2 »
sportsgenius86
Jun 17, 2008

THE STREAK IS OVER

Yea I still go live any time I can because Iíve never had a bad time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sportsgenius86
Jun 17, 2008

THE STREAK IS OVER

Justin Godscock posted:

I was sitting at my computer right with the timer counting down and couldn't get any tickets when Ticketmaster went searching.

ROH might have screwed themselves by selling 12,000 tickets in presales because that's just a plain ridiculous number to hold before public sales.

Though congrats on them selling the most tickets for a non-WWE pro wrestling show since the peak years of WCW.

yes, they screwed themselves by selling 12,000 tickets to Madison Square Garden during presale

sportsgenius86
Jun 17, 2008

THE STREAK IS OVER

Jenkem Delivery posted:

Garden is 18k for wrestling so they beat both

Joe Koff said they had it set up for 15k

sportsgenius86
Jun 17, 2008

THE STREAK IS OVER

SamuraiFoochs posted:

I mean not that that's great or anything but it says a lot about our world (none of it good) that I expected way worse.

This was exactly how I felt.

sportsgenius86
Jun 17, 2008

THE STREAK IS OVER

exploded mummy posted:

An 8 match card

CHAOS vs Bullet Club in a New Japan talent match
Kenny King vs NJPW legend Jushin Thunder Liger
Flip Gordon and Colt Cabana vs Bully Ray and Kenny King in an ECW nostalgia match
Cody vs Willie Mack in a non-ROH title title match because god knows they needed a sixth title to control

your ROH title matches
yet another Briscoes vs Addiction tag team match
Sumie Sakai vs Emma for the Women of Honor of championship
Punishment Martinez vs Chris Sabin in a young top prospect match for the TV title
Jay Lethal vs NJPW superstar Will Ospreay in a world title match

should have some good matches in there, but it's no destruction in kobe

Cody vs. Willie Mack is on the next day's TV tapings.

PPV Card:
ROH Title - Jay Lethal vs. Will Ospreay
Cody, Bucks, Page & Scurll vs. Okada, Ishii, Romero & Best Friends
ROH Tag Title - Briscoes vs. Addiction
ROH TV Title - Punishment Martinez vs. Chris Sabin
WOH Title - Sumie Sakai vs. Tenille Dashwood
Kenny King vs. Jushin Liger
Tables Match - Flip Gordon & Colt Cabana vs. Bully Ray and Silas Young

TV Tapings:
Jushin Liger & Kushida vs. Jay Lethal & Jonathan Gresham
ROH Tag Title - Briscoes/Addiction winner vs. Coast 2 Coast
NWA Title - Cody vs. Willie Mack
Chris Sabin vs. Marty Scurll
4 Corners Survival - Young Bucks vs. Best Friends vs. EVIL & SANADA vs. Addiction/Briscoes loser

I'd loveeeee to see Gresham/Mack vs. EVIL/SANADA on the PPV

sportsgenius86
Jun 17, 2008

THE STREAK IS OVER

The show was a bunch of nothing until the 10 man but that and the main were very good.

ROH is just dreadfully boring right now

sportsgenius86
Jun 17, 2008

THE STREAK IS OVER

Heís a better worker than Corbin by quite a bit, but he somehow manages to have even less charisma, which really shouldnít even be possible.

sportsgenius86
Jun 17, 2008

THE STREAK IS OVER

Andrew Everett confirmed for SOTF

sportsgenius86
Jun 17, 2008

THE STREAK IS OVER

PJ Black confirmed for SOTF.

So far it's:
PJ Black
Tracy Williams
Marty Scurll
Andrew Everett
Jonathan Gresham
Flip Gordon
Colin Delaney

5 more to announce but that's a pretty good lineup so far

sportsgenius86
Jun 17, 2008

THE STREAK IS OVER

Global Wars Cards

Global Wars - Lewiston, Maine - Wednesday
- Jay Lethal, Jonathan Gresham, Chris Sabin and KUSHIDA vs. EVIL, SANADA, Naito and BUSHI
- Bully Ray & Silas Young vs. Young Bucks
- Juice Robinson vs. Christopher Daniels
- The Kingdom vs. Dalton Castle & The Boys
- The Briscoes vs. Cody & Hangman Page
- SCU vs. Beer City Bruiser & Brian Milonas
- Cheesburger vs. Jeff Cobb

Global Wars - Lowell, Massachusetts - Thursday
- Four Corners Survival: Lethal & Gresham vs. Sabin & KUSHIDA vs. Young Bucks vs. TK O'Ryan & Vinny Marseglia
- Hangman Page vs. Tetsuya Naito
- Jay Briscoe vs. Scorpio Sky
- Jeff Cobb vs. Christopher Daniels
- Silas Young & Bully Ray vs. SANADA & EVIL
- Mark Briscoe vs. Cody
- Frankie Kazarian vs. Flip Gordon
- BUSHI vs. Matt Taven
- Juice Robinson & Dalton Castle vs. Beer City Bruiser & Brian Milonas

Global Wars - Buffalo, New York - Friday
- Four Corners Survival: BUSHI vs. Flip Gordon vs. Jonathan Gresham vs. KUSHIDA
- The Briscoes vs. Best Friends vs. Cody & Hangman Page
- Jay Lethal vs. Chris Sabin
- Young Bucks vs. Naito & SANADA
- Jeff Cobb vs. EVIL
- Juice Robinson vs. Silas Young
- TK O'Ryan vs. Dalton Castle
- Matt Taven & Vinny Marseglia vs. Dalton's Boys

Global Wars - Toronto, Ontario - Sunday
- ROH Title: Jay Lethal vs. Kenny King
- NJPW US Title: Cody vs. Trent Beretta
- Young Bucks vs. Chris Sabin & KUSHIDA
- ROH Tag Title: SCU vs. Super Smash Bros.

sportsgenius86
Jun 17, 2008

THE STREAK IS OVER

Pinwiz11 posted:

I picture the Beer City Bruiser looking forlornly at the WWE Training Center doors in a couple of months, a single tear rolling down his cheek.

It would be extremely WWE for him to get a contract and then get the biggest run of that whole class because Vince thinks heís funny

sportsgenius86
Jun 17, 2008

THE STREAK IS OVER

Iím gonna say Josh Briggs

sportsgenius86
Jun 17, 2008

THE STREAK IS OVER

What do people expect a Sinclair executive to say when asked about how lovely Sinclair is?

sportsgenius86
Jun 17, 2008

THE STREAK IS OVER

Imagine being so hard up that youíre begging Low Ki to come back to you

sportsgenius86
Jun 17, 2008

THE STREAK IS OVER

I wonder if heís gonna work for All Elite

sportsgenius86
Jun 17, 2008

THE STREAK IS OVER

Buzz Alert - the Jan. 24 show in Dallas is being mained by Bandido vs. Flip Gordon

sportsgenius86
Jun 17, 2008

THE STREAK IS OVER

ROH is live on Honor Club right now

sportsgenius86
Jun 17, 2008

THE STREAK IS OVER

Pretty sure Flip just legit hosed up his knee

sportsgenius86
Jun 17, 2008

THE STREAK IS OVER

Iíd imagine Sabin doesnít have much left considering how many times heís blown his knees at this point.

sportsgenius86
Jun 17, 2008

THE STREAK IS OVER

The House of Truth run was awesome.

This title run feels very much like a ďwho else would we put it on?Ē Granted, some of it is because heís not had the most exciting challenges

sportsgenius86
Jun 17, 2008

THE STREAK IS OVER

Last night's show was pretty bad tbh.

- Haskins was stuck in a crap match with BCB.
- Flip looked like he hosed up his leg pretty good.
- Luchasaurus was kinda cool at first because it was a big dude doing flippy poo poo but he sucks pretty bad. And Delirious needs to stop working matches (or booking) because he almost killed TK O'Ryan.
- The Kingdom gimmick is really stale at this point. Taven and O'Ryan actually look pretty good these days but they're both kinda plateauing in this and Vinny sucks rear end.
- Bandido and PJ Black was really botchy. PJ Black does cool poo poo and looks smooth but he's a charisma void.
- WOH match only got over because two women were doing ridiculous spots on a nothing show. It was fine for what it was but they're killing themselves for absolutely no reason on this show.
- Lethal-Castle was quite good but there was just something off about it. It's hard to explain. It just felt like another match instead of a ROH Title Match.
- All throughout the night the tone of the commentary was a bunch of dudes just loving off and it made me care about the show less. Riccaboni is real good but Colt, Caprice and Kenny King were just abysmal.

The good:
- Eli Isom is really tremendous for how short of a time he's been wrestling.
- Juice/Finlay and Best Friends looked a league above everyone else.
- The Cobb-Shane Taylor TV title feud has me interested. Taylor is kinda underrated but he still needs to keep dropping more weight.
- Villain Enterprises is a rad stable.

They still need a few more signings to fill out the roster and they need to give more guys opportunities to climb the card as a singles worker. It's not hopeless as there's definitely some good talent here, but it's gonna be a slog for a few months until they really figure everything out. They'd benefit a lot from someone like Angelico right now. They need a strong identifiable babyface.

sportsgenius86
Jun 17, 2008

THE STREAK IS OVER

BCB is at his best in tags or multi-mans where he can take breaks.

sportsgenius86
Jun 17, 2008

THE STREAK IS OVER

coconono posted:

PJ Black? Charisma void? what?

Dude jumps off of perfectly good cliffs for his own amusement.

Yes but itís like emotionless. I dunno maybe itís just me

sportsgenius86
Jun 17, 2008

THE STREAK IS OVER

https://www.rohwrestling.com/news/u...s-knee-injuries

quote:

It is believed that Sabin suffered a torn ACL in his right knee during a six-man mayhem match at the international television taping in Atlanta Saturday night. Sabin began clutching his knee after executing a super hurricanrana on Gordon. He was unable to finish the match and was helped to the back.

Gordon injured his right knee during his match against Tracy Williams at Honor Reigns Supreme in Concord, N.C., on Sunday. It is believed he will be out of action a minimum of four weeks with a possible MCL sprain. Gordon came up limping after hitting a running dropkick in the corner. He tried to continue, but his knee gave out and the referee stopped the match. Gordon was helped to the back.

sportsgenius86
Jun 17, 2008

THE STREAK IS OVER

Yea, Flip's didn't look like a strain to me. He couldn't walk on his own.

sportsgenius86
Jun 17, 2008

THE STREAK IS OVER

coconono posted:

maybe these nerds will learn how to dropdown tackle leap frog get it again like real professionals

I'd guess Flip's was ready to go out at any minute because it seemed to tear or whatever when he jumped on a dropkick in the corner.

sportsgenius86
Jun 17, 2008

THE STREAK IS OVER

Lol if they donít do PCO/Ishii

sportsgenius86
Jun 17, 2008

THE STREAK IS OVER

I didn't know UFC had their own college too

sportsgenius86
Jun 17, 2008

THE STREAK IS OVER

Phenix Rising posted:

Don't have anything going on tonight so I might order the show, but I'm wavering. The card seems like it should be good, but ROH has come off just kind of bland for me whenever I've tried watching it the past few years. How are you ROH regulars feeling about it?

It should be solid but probably not anything special. That said, if youíre gonna buy it, you may as well just sign up for Honor Club for a month since itís the same price and you could watch other poo poo too.

sportsgenius86
Jun 17, 2008

THE STREAK IS OVER

If Flip can be ready by then, I'd almost put it on Taven just to push Flip at their big show.

sportsgenius86
Jun 17, 2008

THE STREAK IS OVER

Hellblazer187 posted:

I watched an episode of Ring of Honor TV for the first time the other day. lmao at the advertisements. There were three breaks, the first and third were for medicare advantage plans and the middle break was for reverse mortgages. It seems they think the average viewer is over 65, which doesn't track with what I see in the audience. I suppose there are some folks who miss the days of Steamboat and Rhodes and all that, but it seems more like existing ROH fans are more likely to be former attitude era WWF or ECW fans - so dudes in their 30s and 40s.

They're probably just predatory side companies for Sinclair execs.

sportsgenius86
Jun 17, 2008

THE STREAK IS OVER

Shane Taylor lost 85 pounds and none of it was from his rear end

sportsgenius86
Jun 17, 2008

THE STREAK IS OVER

I screamed when she hit that german. Good god

sportsgenius86
Jun 17, 2008

THE STREAK IS OVER

Cobb-Ospreay is going to rule

sportsgenius86
Jun 17, 2008

THE STREAK IS OVER

END THIS loving MATCH

sportsgenius86
Jun 17, 2008

THE STREAK IS OVER

ďYou canít count on a malformed hand, the number of peopleĒ

sportsgenius86
Jun 17, 2008

THE STREAK IS OVER

Gaz-L posted:

Taylor/Cobb sounded like a banger, tho?

It was quite good.

And these guys are working their asses off here but this is just too drat long.

sportsgenius86
Jun 17, 2008

THE STREAK IS OVER

Yes, this is exactly what this show needed right now

sportsgenius86
Jun 17, 2008

THE STREAK IS OVER

The thing that kills me is that there were no time announcements. And I get that they probably felt that was a giveaway, but instead it just made the finish totally flat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sportsgenius86
Jun 17, 2008

THE STREAK IS OVER

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Announcing the Cobb/Ospreay match before the New Japan Cup is finished and saying the ROH title match is the main event over the iWGP title is probably going to do wonders for the New Japan relationship yup

Well, they said Cobb challenged him and didnít announce the match as official but obviously theyíre not going to do that if the match isnít going to happen.

«2 »