Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Here's some buzz, MCMG have retired.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

MassRafTer posted:

Rovert had this scoop months ago not even buzzworthy at this point.

Shelley just tweeted and confirmed it

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

oldskool posted:

wonder what 20-year vet about to retire will make the final of this year's Top Prospect tournament

i can't name literally anybody who was in the last TPT, did any of them stick with the company?

Kingpin Brian Milonas? Josh woods shows up now and then

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

fart blood posted:

I find ROH incredibly dull and uninteresting and their stable names all stink.

ah, but their business is up!

quote:

Josh Woods (c) - won and then booked into oblivion. will probably bolt for WWE

WWE probably doesn't want or need him back in NXT

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
What's Friday

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
looking forward to that hot matt taven vs jay lethal main event at final battle.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

exploded mummy posted:

did they really make a tables match an elimination match just so they could do a gently caress finish with the heels winning in 2 straight falls

bully was eliminated between the faces eliminations. there was a ref bump in this match and there was a ref bump in the previous match as well

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Lethal apparently has history of taking advantage of the girls he trained to be wrestlers like aj lee

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
How long till Sinclair has Ian or Colt read about how gassing asylum seekers is good? Maybe Silas or Bully says something for heat the next time CMLL guys come over.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Hope that shoulder gets better eventually even if he's a long way from getting signed by WWE. No way he passes medical with it in that brace.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Cage Kicker posted:

Typical Melvin post

no, that'd be that all the kingdom are bad

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Gumball Gumption posted:

"Being a horror movie character is too dumb and weird for a wrestling gimmick, instead I will be a horror movie fan. Also I carry an axe but never use it." -Vinny Marseglia

better than his gimmick of just being Randy Orton down to the tattoos.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

rovert posted:

Can't believe fans are being so dense about the Rush match. It is a TV taping and likely set up for a title challenge against Taven or whomever.

forgot it was a tv taping and that he wont be on the ppv

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
stop trying to kill the buzz ugh

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
gently caress the troops

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Adam Page is the only AEW guy I haven't heard gross stuff about or done sketchy poo poo

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Grant DaNasty posted:

What gross and sketchy stuff?

Adam Page is good.

There's rumors of Marty hitting on minors back in the UK
Scorpio and the Bucks are homophobes
Kaz, Daniels, and the Bucks got Sky his ROH job

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

Did they really make PCO into Marty Scurll's lackey?

Him and Brody King saved Marty from The Kingdom because besides him, the Elite aren't in ROH anymore and then Marty said they're called Villain Enterprises.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

forkboy84 posted:

So what's the source on the Bucks being homophobes? Is there more to it than one of the Jacksons replying to a really dumb Scorpio Sky tweet with "I agree"? Because "Remember when it was ok to be straight? I have no problem with gay people but nowadays it seems if you're NOT attracted to the same sex you're considered homophobic." is an exceedingly stupid take and reeks of "old man yells at cloud" because it doesn't understand "the kids" but not sure half the team agreeing with it is a sign that they are homophobes so much as really dumb. But if there's to it I'd be interested to know.

just because you don't call someone slurs openly like Scorpio doesn't mean you aren't homophobic. Bucks were smart and deleted bunch of their old tweets. They're incredibly thin skinned and got into arguments with people on twitter around the Jay Briscoe saying that he'd shoot anyone teaching his kids that being gay is normal

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Going by all of Roque's other names in his posts, I can't believe Flamita is heading to WWE.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

coconono posted:

ROH suddenly remembering they have a partnership with CMLL while Fantasticamania is happening is exactly how organized this company is.

I'm think the reading of this Exclusive contract sounds like ROH signed him away from CMLL as well but who knows.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Jenkem Delivery posted:

Very doubtful. They probably got his exclusive US booking rights. CMLL lets their guys essentially work freelance as long as the bookings come through/coordinate with the CMLL Office. They let their guys work pretty much any promotion as long as they aren't AAA affiliated (LU, Impact).

This is in contrast to Penta and Fenix who are total freelancers which is why they can work Impact, MLW, AAA, CMLL, etc.

https://twitter.com/luchablog/status/1085315235194552321

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
CMLL were advertising Penta and Fenix just a few days ago when they're booked elsewhere so i mean

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
its PCO & Brody vs the Briscoes vs FinnJuice probably

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Suplex Liberace posted:

That could be very good but will not result in PCO being champ

roh tag champion is a champ

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
ugh, sick and tired of roh relying on new japan. smh

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Cavauro posted:

when does marty get the belt

never because he's going to aew the second his roh contract runs out

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
house of truth matt taven was awful and upstaged by his manager and valet at every turn

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Taven's winning the belt because they're gonna do Taven vs. Rush in MSG and Taven is going to win via outside interference so that they have logical story for when they sign Dragon Lee

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Feeling the Buzz!

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Where's the buzz for Bandido vs Rush tonight and Taven vs Lethal?

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Super No Vacancy posted:

i'm going to warrior wrestling. it has 11 matches on the card and i'm already tired

There is so much wrestling tonight

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
shoot apron piledriver.

pco & brody king vs guerillas of warfare at msg

wild match delivered

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Germansimp posted:

'Melvin' legitimately has to be the lamest insult any wrestler has ever used on a regular basis, it's pathetic.

his catchphrase isn't much better

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

STONE COLD 64 posted:

what's going on with his eyes

lighting right into the eye sockets

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Soberano Jr vs Shane Taylor to follow up on the Soberano Jr vs Punishment Martinez match that was solely bad on the ROH guy refusing to sell for the tiny luchador

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Demtor posted:

I saw Mayu vs Kelly Klein was booked for MSG... ugh. Not exactly a barn burner. Can we not move on at this point? Three title defense matches in a row with the same challenger. Are there really no other women to match against Mayu?? What was the point of bringing her in if you don't have anyone legitimate to contend with? Why have women at all if you can't book more than two at a time?!

literally who else is there for the women's division

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Gaz-L posted:

Tenille, but if I'm her, I'm looking towards Jacksonville.

I dont think she has been able to wrestle since September

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Gumball Gumption posted:

I'm excited for Juice but like, the show is sold. Leave the surprise.

Juice is not a big enough surprise for anyone to pop for compared to everyone knowing that Suzuki and Ishii are in town but not booked on the main card.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
whens the buzz worthy show in the apartheid state