Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

My fondest wish is for Ring of Honor to succeed just enough for the wrestlers to make more money but for Sinclair to lose money by over-investing in them.

For real though, I'm glad ROH is doing very well business wise. But I think the people who are pointing out that ROH isn't exactly garnering a lot of attention during this hot period is a troubling thing for the future. If the hot period they're experiencing right now is because of Cody and the Bullet Club's drawing power, and not because of anything the company is really doing creatively or because of any stars they themselves are building, it doesn't bode well for the long term.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Yeah, about that...

(Sinclair has been very cheap with ROH)

Oh I know, but maybe since the company is hot right now they'll do a dumb and throw a bunch of money at them that they'll never make back. A man can dream...

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

I haven't really checked on anything ROH related since MSG, but I remember I read that the title match on that show was between Jay Lethal, Marty Skurll and some guy I never heard of and the nobody won. I assume that nobody was Tavin.

Like... is there a reason that ROH didn't try to throw a giant pile of money at Marty in an effort to make him their Guy and then try building the company around him? Because he's been great in literally everything I've ever seen him and he's by far the biggest name on their roster aside from Jay. At least as far as I know.

f course if Marty was going to leave no matter what, fair enough.