Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

With all this buzz in here, you'd think ROH had signed B. Brian Blair and "Jumpin'" Jim Brunzell!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

I Before E posted:

I gotta say, fellas, there's so much buzz around, are we sure this thread is about Ring Of Honor professional wrestling, because with all this buzz, I could swear it was about the dang Bee Movie!

Ring of Honor but every time the fans chant Too Sweet it gets replaced with the entire Bee Movie

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

I don't like the implication that Aniversario main eventer Matt Taven isn't good enough to main event Final Battle.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Marquis de Pyro posted:

Beer City Bruiser = buzz

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Tomahawk posted:

I got a ticket to Final Battle and I’m probably going to enjoy some of the matches

Which ones are you planning to enjoy?

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Man I really didn't think AEW was ACTUALLY gonna be a thing. It seems like a really dumb idea but what do I know?

Probably a better idea than representing the actual fascists who run ROH and WWE TBF.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Yes all billionaires are bad but that doesn't mean they're all as bad as the Trump propagandists at Sinclair or the Saudi propagandists at WWE.

As far as from a business perspective goes, they've snatched ROH's biggest draws because they are them mostly and they've probably got themselves at least as good a deal with NJPW as ROH does because NJPW seems insistent on pushing The Elite over their own talent for some reason.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

SamuraiFoochs posted:

I also (regretfully) challenge the assertion that people are hungering for an alternative as much as we all might want to believe. Wrestling fans might be, but that demo is at best staying stagnant at post-Attitude Era numbers right now. But that says nothing of the rest of the population and it's kinda like an election. They need to pull in new or "independent" TV watchers to really become anything approaching real competition.

There's almost no chance they become a real alternative to WWE, but there's a 95% they steal away most of ROH's audience and as much as I think The Elite suck as wrestlers and people, they're better than both Sinclair and WWE and it's good that the alternative to WWE will be both creatively and morally less objectionable.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Gaz-L posted:

As wrestlers? That's... I mean, art is subjective, sure, but I think that's pretty hard to defend as an opinion. The only one who I'd even argue isn't great is Cody, and that's only if you're counting in-ring only.

Cody is my favourite of the bunch tbh.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Basic Chunnel posted:

I haven’t been paying attention, who’s the money mark

The son of the owner of the Jacksonville Jaguars.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Gaz-L posted:

Cody still wrestles like he's in the dead spot in the second hour of Raw most of the time, and tries to make up for it by booking like a bad tribute band to his dad, which basically makes him Jeff Jarrett in TNA. He's very carry-able, but I think he got horribly exposed at All In, because he was the one having to do the heavy lifting and he couldn't even have a mediocre match with Aldis.

His character work, his promos, everything about how he carries and promotes himself OUTSIDE of actually wrestling is amazing and he deserves most of the success he's gotten based on that work ethic, but his wrestling is not good

Cody is the worst in-ring except for Marty but he is still far and away the best wrestler for the reasons you gave. I mean a lot of people think that Aldis match was good.

(Kenny is probably better but I dislike him so I won't admit it)

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

You're right Page is the best sorry.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Gaz-L posted:

Marty, Page, the Bucks and Omega are all better. Hell, 2/3 of SCU too, and I'm only saying that because I haven't seen enough of Sky to know for sure.

And you can't say Cody's work ethic impresses you and then say the Bucks aren't equally dedicated to their gimmick and to putting in the effort.

They're dedicated and have great worth ethic and that's why theyre the best support that Cody has in the endeavours he's embarked upon.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

VJeff posted:

So whenever people say "Okay yeah All In did well but booking something weekly is a lot different", all I can say is...

Like...

You do know that All In was the culmination of a bunch of storylines that were booked on a weekly show, right? The Bucks do have at least a little experience with that.

I'm sure they can draw a decent number to a weekly show so I'm not arguing with you, but there is a difference between getting people to follow along with your weekly show on YouTube vs. getting them to show up to watch your wrestling show every week.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Benne posted:

The Bucks and Cody could go either way, but I'll be shocked if Kenny isn't working that show

Cody said it isn't because "that weekend is for WWE" which apparently wasn't a problem for the last two SCOHs he worked.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Did they really make PCO into Marty Scurll's lackey?

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Gumball Gumption posted:

Scurll is a pedo is also a rumor that also seems to have the same truth to it as "Stevie Wonder isn't blind". I've never heard anyone produce even a 2nd hand story about it. Its just random folks on the internet saying he is.

He was at one point the British equivalent of a guido which does seem like a crime.

The other nonce rumours I've heard in Britwres at least have some sort of story attached. I've never been able to get a hint about what Scurll is supposed to have done.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

The Berzerker posted:

I wonder why he would have left in a huff after his match with ZSJ. I thought it was a good match!

maybe he's a perfectionist?

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

https://twitter.com/ringofhonor/status/1085280641418186753?s=19

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

they should give Rush the title on his first day

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

STONE COLD 64 posted:

i mean cobb would be the best guy right now

Cobb vs. BCB to headline the Garden.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

VJeff posted:

Have Nagata win the NEVER belt off Cobb so I can get Nagata vs. Ospreay god dammit.

Nagata vs. Taichi so the Holy Emperor can show that old man how to really kick.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Bushiroad actually reporting real attendance was the biggest positive change they did for New Japan (Well second to actually spending marketing money on the company!)

Even Dragon Gate do it nowadays leaving Dradition as the only promotion doing ridiculous stuff like claiming 3000 attendance in Korakuen Hall which I guess is fitting for the nostalgia old men promotion that booked a Bob Backlund main event in 2018.