Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

I'm not sure if I'm going to be able to watch this live or not – probably not since we have some guests visiting at the moment, but they may be out doing their own thing tonight.

Is Honor Club worth subscribing to? I don't follow ROH at all right now. I'm basically doing NJPW, STARDOM, Sendai Girls, and Powerbomb.tv. I used to love ROH and followed it pretty closely in 2005 and catch it on local TV every now and again when I see it on, but not much more than that. Is it worth getting back into at this point, from an unbiased perspective? I know it's had its ups and downs over the years (like any company will), but how is the product right now and is it worth grabbing an Honor Club membership for All In + actual ROH stuff?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Chris James 2 posted:

It's going to be archived on New Japan World, so if you already have a sub to that I wouldn't say Honor Club's necessary at all for this if you can't see it live

Yeah, NJPW World is my backup plan – I'm mostly just wondering if it's worth getting back into ROH at this point as someone who hasn't followed it closely in 10+ years. With WWE out of the way, I've been loving following indies and foreign companies and always feel guilty when I remember there's another company I'm not supporting but could be.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Don't have anything going on tonight so I might order the show, but I'm wavering. The card seems like it should be good, but ROH has come off just kind of bland for me whenever I've tried watching it the past few years. How are you ROH regulars feeling about it?

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

sportsgenius86 posted:

It should be solid but probably not anything special. That said, if you’re gonna buy it, you may as well just sign up for Honor Club for a month since it’s the same price and you could watch other poo poo too.

I might just do that, thanks for the tip!

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Posted in the social thread but will bring it over here as well. Completely forgot about this happening but it makes total sense that two insecure dopes would still hold a grudge over a dumb joke tweet.

https://twitter.com/1114cole/status/1135694726575902722?s=19

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Basic Chunnel posted:

Does the fan tour with the show, or did the fan say "hey (worker), my twitter handle is (handle)", because petty or not I don't believe you could identify a twitter user by voice or a passing low-lit glimpse

From his Twitter he seems like a guy who does all the meet and greet things, so there's a chance he's been visible enough through those and being active on Twitter to stand out.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

The Croc posted:

Sucks but ROH has suffered from an absolute decimation of their talent through wwe and aew

Did they really, though? They lost the same people NJPW lost in the Bucks and Cody. Who else was an ROH mainstay who left for AEW?

This is a legit question as I don't follow ROH outside of SA, but it didn't feel like a big talent raid from AEW.

WWE I could see but I also feel like that's always happening year after year and not like they just signed away 80% of the roster in the past month.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

I Before E posted:

Chris Daniels is probably the biggest non-Elite talent loss to AEW

Ohhh I completely forgot about SCU being in ROH. Losing Daniels has to be a big loss on a lot of levels.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Is the point of adding a 4th Villain Enterprises guy so they can kick Marty out when his contract expires and remain a trio? I guess they'd probably want/need to change their name, too, since that's a very Marty-based name.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

edit: nevermind

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

I'm constantly surprised when I hear Kenny King is still wrestling. It feels like he's been in ROH for a thousand years.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

I don't have the patience to try and follow all of this on various Twitter accounts. Has anything cool and good happened involving the downfall of ROH and the rise of the workers?

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Super No Vacancy posted:

https://www.newsweek.com/ring-honor-kelly-klein-concussion-medical-policy-management-1473223

just a lot of people with brain injuries

the guy who hasn't wrestled since august looks to be tk o'ryan

This was an excellent read, thanks for sharing it!

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Every time I hear about Crowbar I'm always surprised he's still alive. For some reason I have this idea that he died years ago.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

And if we're being honest, what would Marty's ceiling really be in AEW? He's not going to be a World Title contender. Mox is already on that path and Kenny is probably in line for a feud with him once he takes the belt. There's no midcard title, so unless he were to come in with Brody or something he'd be pretty easily lost in the midcard.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

So does that mean Bully Ray is gone from the company or just not the head booker/a booker anymore?

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Getting WWE money for 40 dates and getting to book yeah I'd resign for that

Hell, same probably. Maybe he'll pull the women's division out of the trash while he's at it.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

Enzo and Cass have their phones charged and ready to pick up.

I refuse to believe Enzo has the foresight to actively charge his phone

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Huh. Marty and Gresham kind of running things? I'm not going to start watching ROH all of a sudden but I am interested in what they can do there. They definitely need to build up some good will first.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

coconono posted:

I think Marty or Gresh sending Kelly a handwritten apology note would do wonders for their business. Even if it wasn't on their watch, just saying "hey sorry it went down that way" would be a bit of a soul cleanser.

I think they'd also need to somehow convince the higher ups in the company to fire that dude who has been outed as being a gigantic shitbag who doesn't care about the wellbeing of any of the workers. A change in booking only goes so far if the structure and behavior of management stay the same.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

This makes sense with Marty having the book now.

Did Marty also force them to hire new designers? I feel like the graphics they've posted as of late are nicer and cleaner than usual.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Why do they insist on continuing to use Sumie Sakai? Just give it up already. She's not good. It feels like they just want to trot her out as a token Japanese wrestler in the division.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ No clue, but that would make things make more sense.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

I waver on whether or not I like Yuta. I've seen some really good stuff from him but also some stinkers. Gresham, on the other hand, rules and I wish he was working somewhere cooler than ROH.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

I'd assumed that happened months ago, jesus. I guess being in a picture with a geek like Ricochet really sealed the deal for them.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Hasn't his back been about to explode for like 5 years? Did he get magic back surgery to fix everything? I always liked him, especially the Ashley Remington gimmick.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Malcolm Excellent posted:

Imagine Lashley Remington

The boat would sink due to too many burgers

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Pinche Rudo posted:

ROH is moving Death Before Dishonor due to Florida being a plague state

https://twitter.com/ringofhonor/status/1425233153715810306?s=19

Is ROH worth watching again? All jokes about buzz aside, but A) this is a good move to make and B) their roster seems so fuckin' stacked lately and all of their champions rule.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Is Fite the best/easiest way to watch the weekly ROH show, and is it up to date? I've seen ROH on TV before on random channels at random times, but I'm never sure if what I'm watching is up to date. I think I'm willing to give ROH another shot and if there's an easy barrier to entry like "streams live on Fite every Monday", then I think I'm in.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Give me Willow Nightingale on an AEW contract, Tony!

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

RIP ROH, I'll always fondly remember taking the 6-hour train to NYC so I could see crazy poo poo like Danielson/Morishima and that time Nigel got his face exploded on the steel railing when (I think) Austin Aries did a suicide dive into his back. And also sitting in the station overnight trying not to fall asleep waiting for the first bus of the morning to go back home when shows would go long.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Basic Chunnel posted:

Realized this morning that Flip is almost certainly going to land in AEW and man that fuckin sucks

I feel like if Tony wanted Flip in AEW, he would have signed Flip a while ago since he was at All Out. Flip stinks and a hundred wrestlers do the stuff he does better and more crisply than him.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

I hope Gresham pulls all of Lethal's limbs off

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

SRS with scoops apparently

https://twitter.com/SeanRossSapp/status/1499200562939809792?s=20&t=xvEY1uzB-m5_r2jwmE71vg

Curious what this means for ROH going forward and where it'll end up broadcast-wise, if anywhere.

They released all of the wrestlers, right? So there are no contracts he picked up or anything?

My new wrestling conspiracy theory is that Cody didn't re-sign with AEW because he's going to be hired to run ROH as a southern-style promotion so every match can be Very Cody Rhodes.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

A big LOL and gently caress you to WWE. I do hope that the people who have poured themselves into ROH for the better will get to continue to work there and that it's not like a full gut job or anything. There are obviously people there who care about the promotion and it'd be a shame to lose those types of people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Drakkel posted:

I think the fact that ROH was in the process of announcing a show while definitely also negotiating this sale probably means they'll still exist as it's own show in some form or another.

Right, but existing as basically an indie booking whoever they want for each show is different from having contracted names which is what I assume those upcoming shows are.