Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Jeb! Repetition posted:

He could probably fool some #Resistance types real hard w/r/t something Trump said or did, a la Gorilla Channel, but it wouldn't be very funny because Trump is so unpredictable that anything is kind of within the realm of plausibility for him to do

you could have them agree with something crazy that hildog said, only to reveal it was actually trump

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

i watched a bit of ep 2 and it turns out that dick cheney sleeps well at night and models just say yes to everything when on a photoshoot

i dunno, can't say i've had my world shaken here

qkkl
Jul 1, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

lol is this the onion's autistic reporter?

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop
Sure, yeah

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

qkkl posted:

lol is this the onion's autistic reporter?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gfy1QFodnWo

roomforthetuna
Mar 22, 2005

I don't need to know anything about virii! My CUSTOM PROGRAM keeps me protected! It's not like they'll try to come in through the Internet or something!
Yeah, I thought about it some more today and realized that literally the only thing you could really troll a left-politician into doing embarrassingly is something right-wing. Like you could probably troll a nominally left-wing politician into doing some loving stupid poo poo in the name of anti-terrorism, but America's center is so far right that you can't even see embarrassing left-wing things from here.

But I still disagree that "scream the N word" is just as much of a softball as what the leftists got - if he'd done the bicycle character trying to get a right-wing person to scream the N word that would be the same (and similarly probably wouldn't work). The lovely thing is that the left wing people sat down with a dumb character that they're strongly opposed to, so the worst they're going to do is disagree with him, which makes them look smart. The right wing people got a character they agree with, so he can persuade them to say and do dumb, evil poo poo they agree with that they'd normally keep quiet about.

But yeah, sitting down a left-wing politician with a dumb left-wing character they agree with wouldn't be funny and wouldn't provoke anything particularly embarrassing. "Kill whitey" is about the best you could hope for, and that's mostly cool.

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop
...remind me again why he would want to find ways to use comedy to shame good politicians who are not fascists or their centrist enablers

roomforthetuna
Mar 22, 2005

I don't need to know anything about virii! My CUSTOM PROGRAM keeps me protected! It's not like they'll try to come in through the Internet or something!

Dumb Lowtax posted:

...remind me again why he would want to find ways to use comedy to shame good politicians who are not fascists or their centrist enablers
I'd be perfectly happy if he just didn't.
What I'm annoyed by is the pretense that he tried. (Edit: which was also the least funny part of the show.)

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
i had the nicest thought where there are some shitbag politicians, having drained a bottle of lobbyist-bought scotch out there who are looking between the phone and a revolver, realizing they did stupid things for this show that havent gone to air yet, and wondering if it would be easier to fellate the gun or call the party whip and let them know things are about to get worse

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop
:unsmith:

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.
he doesn't always match the right wing characters to right wing subjects because his woke NPR guy was talking to a Republican governor or something (and in terms of raw comedy that might have been the funniest bit)

Boatswain
May 29, 2012

Kurtofan posted:

lol he really loving nailed the look

he does krav maga bro

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

Typo posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4k4pMTsa1Kw

this is most of the segment on youtube

you can see him almost laughing when the idiot starts to scream the n-word, I don't know how he stopped himself

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

roomforthetuna posted:

Yeah, I thought about it some more today and realized that literally the only thing you could really troll a left-politician into doing embarrassingly is something right-wing. Like you could probably troll a nominally left-wing politician into doing some loving stupid poo poo in the name of anti-terrorism, but America's center is so far right that you can't even see embarrassing left-wing things from here.

But I still disagree that "scream the N word" is just as much of a softball as what the leftists got - if he'd done the bicycle character trying to get a right-wing person to scream the N word that would be the same (and similarly probably wouldn't work). The lovely thing is that the left wing people sat down with a dumb character that they're strongly opposed to, so the worst they're going to do is disagree with him, which makes them look smart. The right wing people got a character they agree with, so he can persuade them to say and do dumb, evil poo poo they agree with that they'd normally keep quiet about.

But yeah, sitting down a left-wing politician with a dumb left-wing character they agree with wouldn't be funny and wouldn't provoke anything particularly embarrassing. "Kill whitey" is about the best you could hope for, and that's mostly cool.

SBC trying to own a leftist by being a maoist or something would be insanely funny but you'd have to know what the hell a maoist is

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

not a cult posted:

you can see him almost laughing when the idiot starts to scream the n-word, I don't know how he stopped himself

and he quit yesterday instead of staying on until January and getting taxpayer paid for health insurance for the rest of his life

loving owned

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

haha yes, this feels good

Toilet Rascal
I think the Palin interview was with the wheelchair bound postal service veteran.

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Jeb! Repetition posted:

he doesn't always match the right wing characters to right wing subjects because his woke NPR guy was talking to a Republican governor or something (and in terms of raw comedy that might have been the funniest bit)

Yo that couple was far out. I cook he cleans, hmm

Slamhound
Mar 27, 2010

roomforthetuna posted:

The bicycle/NPR character got a bunch of right-wingers to say they were "racist against Muslims" and that black people "aren't welcome" but they "tolerate them," ending with claims that they's shoot him if they weren't disarmed.

Previously, he sat down with right-wingers, told them that he had an open relationship with his wife who fucks porpoises and they swallowed it clean.

roomforthetuna
Mar 22, 2005

Slamhound posted:

The bicycle/NPR character got a bunch of right-wingers to say they were "racist against Muslims" and that black people "aren't welcome" but they "tolerate them," ending with claims that they's shoot him if they weren't disarmed.
Those were a pre-selected group for having basically those specific opinions. You don't need the bicycle/NPR character for that, you can just go on Facebook to get a bunch of people to say that sort of thing of their own accord. Not similar to getting a politician to do it.

quote:

Previously, he sat down with right-wingers, told them that he had an open relationship with his wife who fucks porpoises and they swallowed it clean.
That one was a poo poo segment too. Though I'll concede that getting right-wingers to not openly deny your lived experiences that they have no knowledge of is quite an achievement. My point is he didn't get that group to say or do dumb poo poo, he just got them to mostly just sit there while he said dumb poo poo, which was pretty comparable to the results with the lefties confronted with the truthbrary. Sure, the right wing lot didn't walk out, but they also weren't in an interview room one-on-one being attacked with stupid, they were in their own living room eating dinner being gently approached with stupid.

vvvv Yes very funny mockery of a thing nobody is saying. I understand based on other people's interpretation of the "right wingers eating dinner while sacha says stupid things" scene, that if I don't mention I'm not saying that, that means I agree with it and 100% believe it, not that I just think you'll go away in a few minutes so I don't have to care.

roomforthetuna has issued a correction as of 15:50 on Jul 26, 2018

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

why the TV man not fair and balanced, he not see truth is in middle?!?

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

roomforthetuna posted:

That one was a poo poo segment too.

No, it was hilarious. "I am being cuckolded by a dolphin" "Your wife is uh, having relations with an aquatic mammal?"

pushpins
Sep 11, 2006

Title text (optional; no images are allowed, only text)

Slamhound posted:

The DNC is still going to try to win these people over in 2018/2020/forever

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Wheeee posted:

why the TV man not fair and balanced, he not see truth is in middle?!?

This strange desire to see your own side get dunked on as hard as the other side is extremely cuck-y for lack of a better word

fabergay egg
Mar 1, 2012

it's not a rhetorical question, for politely saying 'you are an idiot, you don't know what you are talking about'

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN posted:

Yo that couple was far out. I cook he cleans, hmm

the dude was def gay

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
this is the weirdest use of decorum I’ve ever seen.

Autism Sneaks
Nov 21, 2016
I agree that the only character the show truly needs is the Israeli guy who wasn't in Mossad

Speaking of which, shalom

https://twitter.com/SachaBaronCohen/status/1023378604472717313?s=19

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Autism Sneaks posted:

I agree that the only character the show truly needs is the Israeli guy who wasn't in Mossad

Speaking of which, shalom

https://twitter.com/SachaBaronCohen/status/1023378604472717313?s=19

That's a really good suspense-building trailer

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

I feel as though it's unlikely Roy Moore will pull down his pants to rub his butt on anything.

Stinky_Pete
Aug 16, 2015

Stinkier than your average bear
Lipstick Apathy

roomforthetuna posted:

Those were a pre-selected group for having basically those specific opinions. You don't need the bicycle/NPR character for that, you can just go on Facebook to get a bunch of people to say that sort of thing of their own accord. Not similar to getting a politician to do it.

They've got a dozen episodes to fill and putting up Facebook posts on the screen isn't great TV—they're exploiting a known point for good TV and honestly I did not expect the guy to say black people aren't welcome there either.

Plus, not everything they tried was going to get a freakout, and they can't just keep going until they have exclusively home run embarrassing material. The Bernie one and the dinner one mostly just showed how the subjects were too unfamiliar with the context of 'the other side' to place the character's zaniness, and basically were like Oscar Martinez when Michael Scott gave him the lovely scarecrow doll as if he put all this work into it, while being a calibration round for the character's design.

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011
watched the first two eps, pretty good and they made me laugh. whole lotta spazzes in this thread

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop
FYI it seems to hit Hulu streaming at 7pm. Our billboards in Cali say 10pm out of sheer laziness by failure to specify a time zone but it's going to be released at 7. All time zones release it simultaneously at 10pm Eastern time. Get ready to watch in half an hour.

old.flv
Jan 28, 2017

A good lad who likes his Anna's.
really not sure what I'm watching right now

qkkl
Jul 1, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
i want to laugh at the mexican party skit but i can't help but think the guys are actors.

old.flv
Jan 28, 2017

wtf

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop
Oooooooh man that was a disappointing episode.

SBC is really inconsistent. Wish they hadn't dragged this out into a season if they only have a couple episodes of good content, but if SBC personally finds something hilarious I guess you can't stop him from including it.

What a letdown from such a tightly edited show last week. This was worse than even week 1.

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop
Was Nathan Fielder in the credits this time? Because I really doubt it.

old.flv
Jan 28, 2017

yeah that was kinda eh

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

That wasn't as good as the first two but still worth watching

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
that Roy Moore bit was incredible holy poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3kaJaDx51iw

• Locked thread