Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Slugnoid
Jun 23, 2006

Nap Ghost
i dunno, i thought it was funny in a dumb people doing dumb stuff kind of way. but yeah that lib professor character's definitely one of the weaker ones

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

I liked the lib professor managing to annoy both the gangsta rapper and the hillbilly congressman at the same time. The divide has been truly healed. The Roy Moore one sucked really bad though because while calling him a diddler is funny he didn't gave him rope to hang himself like the n-word dude and the mexican hunter guys look like paid actors.

Plutonis has issued a correction as of 15:08 on Jul 30, 2018

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.
The liberal professor character is one of my favorites because I had a professor who was exactly like him. Exactly

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
oh my god this second israeli jack bauer bit holy gently caress

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
it was so-so in comparison to the other two but whatever. the problem was him again pushing his wacky characters on regular people and not politicians or a room full of virulent racists or whatever, tho calling roy moore a pedophile to his face was pretty good.

if the entire show was the mossad character it'd probably be much better.

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

No matter how much paperwork I process, it never goes away. It only increases.
i want that israel pedo-detecting wand

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

Chernigov Military Aviation Lyceum
The Fighting Slowpokes

Taintrunner posted:

that Roy Moore bit was incredible holy poo poo

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

Chernigov Military Aviation Lyceum
The Fighting Slowpokes

old.flv posted:

yeah that was kinda eh

eps 2 set the bar too high

old.flv
Jan 28, 2017

A good lad who likes his Anna's.

Typo posted:

eps 2 set the bar too high

Very true and I should prob not complain

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Al! posted:

it was so-so in comparison to the other two but whatever. the problem was him again pushing his wacky characters on regular people and not politicians or a room full of virulent racists or whatever, tho calling roy moore a pedophile to his face was pretty good.

Absolutely, that character is just so much a step above the others. The fuckin' Mexican birthday party bit was phenomenal, it's amazing just how much they got those idiots to sign up for. The other characters are so much of a whatever because they don't assume a position of authority that people idolize like the Israeli Jack Bauer so they don't open up and are much more about getting a reaction out of someone, which really doesn't stand up as well anymore.

old.flv
Jan 28, 2017

I think the Mossad character fills their big strong daddy desires

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

he doesn't even have to try very hard to convince them to take off their pants or dress like a teenage girl lol

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

haha yes, this feels good

Toilet Rascal
Pussy panties fashioned after Gal Gaddot. my god. Those old men had to be in on it.

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

haha yes, this feels good

Toilet Rascal
Also, why was it only 22 minutes?

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Al! posted:

Erran Morad is the best character because he really opens them up to do absurd things. I was screaming when the cops came and investigated what was going on and those two racists looked nervous in a "this isn't what it looks like okay" way. I wonder what happened after that though.

Yalla! Let's go!

old.flv
Jan 28, 2017

Dirk Pitt posted:

Also, why was it only 22 minutes?

He already ran out of good stuff

Thom12255
Feb 23, 2013
WHERE THE FUCK IS MY MONEY
If he wanted the Moore segment to be funnier then he should've invited his wife too as she's the one that would've given him the rope to hang them both.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Jeb! Repetition posted:

he doesn't always match the right wing characters to right wing subjects because his woke NPR guy was talking to a Republican governor or something (and in terms of raw comedy that might have been the funniest bit)

yeah I think folks are missing how much of Ali G and older SBC stuff was him being a complete idiot and mortifying or frustrating smart and good people SBC actually respects. It wasn't entirely "Can I get bad people to look dumb?"

roomforthetuna posted:

Those were a pre-selected group for having basically those specific opinions. You don't need the bicycle/NPR character for that, you can just go on Facebook to get a bunch of people to say that sort of thing of their own accord. Not similar to getting a politician to do it.

That one was a poo poo segment too. Though I'll concede that getting right-wingers to not openly deny your lived experiences that they have no knowledge of is quite an achievement. My point is he didn't get that group to say or do dumb poo poo, he just got them to mostly just sit there while he said dumb poo poo, which was pretty comparable to the results with the lefties confronted with the truthbrary. Sure, the right wing lot didn't walk out, but they also weren't in an interview room one-on-one being attacked with stupid, they were in their own living room eating dinner being gently approached with stupid.
like the whole point of including that segment was to show there are decent people on the entire spectrum. The couple very clearly is uncomfortable and doesn't approve of him but is trying to be hospitable. Or the junior republican senator who doesn't fall for the dumb setup in the gun bit. that's included just to show how terrible and oafish the dudes going along with it are.

Half the comedy of the racist town hall is that his character is a bumbling liberal who can't understand why he's getting those people to double down, and keeps giving the worst answers while being utterly tone deaf. I actually saw the segment with a pretty liberal dude (as opposed to leftist) and he couldn't stop smugly ranting about it being the best part and showing their true colors.
It's masterfully done of course, with the perfect way SBC keeps fanning the flames, but his character is supposed to come across as just as much a buffoon.

Coolness Averted has issued a correction as of 23:28 on Jul 30, 2018

Damo
Nov 8, 2002

The second-generation Pontiac Sunbird, introduced by the automaker for the 1982 model year as the J2000, was built to be an inexpensive and fuel-efficient front-wheel-drive commuter car capable of seating five.

Offensive Clock
how are people saying this last episode was bad?

getting the chud to dress up as a girl wearing fake tits and pussy, while carrying ky and condoms, at a party with roofies and booze, and a sign advertising free drugs and young pussy, and having to explain all of this to cops was hilarious and amazing

sure it's not a big name politician he was loving with but it was still great

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

Coolness Averted posted:

Or the junior republican senator who doesn't fall for the dumb setup in the gun bit.

Not falling for SBC's bit doesn't make him a good person.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Mr Interweb posted:

Not falling for SBC's bit doesn't make him a good person.

Correct, it makes the more senior and influential that fell for the bit look more dumb.

Coolness Averted has issued a correction as of 07:42 on Aug 2, 2018

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
Holy poo poo episode 3 was hilarious from front to back. Show off the year

pushpins
Sep 11, 2006

Title text (optional; no images are allowed, only text)
was the Mexican party one real? Were the cops actors? Do white people think Mexicans have formal rape parties?

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

pushpins posted:

was the Mexican party one real? Were the cops actors? Do white people think Mexicans have formal rape parties?

no no yes

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop
Every other segment on the show so far has bothered to introduce the people getting pranked, except for that one

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

those men were real

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

i want to believe, and the group meeting about the mosque was fully believable, but i have difficulty accepting the reality of the Mexican party scene

assuming its real, i wonder how many people tbey had to go through to find those two

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Wheeee posted:

i want to believe, and the group meeting about the mosque was fully believable, but i have difficulty accepting the reality of the Mexican party scene

assuming its real, i wonder how many people tbey had to go through to find those two

trump supporters are very stupid and vast in number just look at who is in the White House

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

Wheeee posted:

i find it hard to believe that SBC would try to stay in character while talking to a police officer, also that the police would have perfect comedic timing with their arrival

maybe the conservative dudes were real but the cops weren't

Thom12255 posted:

If he wanted the Moore segment to be funnier then he should've invited his wife too as she's the one that would've given him the rope to hang them both.

i thought the part where moore agreed that israel and alabama are simpatico because they both love diversity was an underrated bit

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

little munchkin posted:

i find it hard to believe that SBC would try to stay in character while talking to a police officer, also that the police would have perfect comedic timing with their arrival

maybe the conservative dudes were real but the cops weren't

i think the show called the cops on them

fabergay egg
Mar 1, 2012

it's not a rhetorical question, for politely saying 'you are an idiot, you don't know what you are talking about'

the show def called the cops and probably researched their response times to get that perfect moment

or they were fake cops, but if so they probably wouldnt have blurred their faces out

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

Hostess Snack Cake posted:

the show def called the cops and probably researched their response times to get that perfect moment

or they were fake cops, but if so they probably wouldnt have blurred their faces out

or you just blur their faces out because it's a cheap way to keep things looking authentic. production time is expensive and you're not going to risk ruining a full day of shooting just because a cop did something unexpected.

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

lol if u don’t think some sausage link hick cop wouldn’t empty a magazine into a middle eastern man after being called for “suspicious circumstances”

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

little munchkin posted:

or you just blur their faces out because it's a cheap way to keep things looking authentic. production time is expensive and you're not going to risk ruining a full day of shooting just because a cop did something unexpected.

a cop doing something unexpected is exactly what hes looking for tho

i mean yeah i guess it could be fake but.....
..why??????

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

Al! posted:

a cop doing something unexpected is exactly what hes looking for tho

..why??????

like i said, time is money. you can either stage it all to make sure that you get your scene done, or cross your fingers and hope non-actors behave in ways that make for good television (then if you guess wrong you have to explain to your crew that they have to work another 12-hour day, and tell your boss that you need another 50,000 dollars or whatever your daily shoot costs are). for obvious reasons you choose option 1 whenever possible.

this is not a conspiracy theory, this is how reality television has operated since it's inception.

roomforthetuna
Mar 22, 2005

I don't need to know anything about virii! My CUSTOM PROGRAM keeps me protected! It's not like they'll try to come in through the Internet or something!

Al! posted:

..why??????
Also so you don't get shot.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

The mosque bit was the my favorite scene so far.

Especially the cheesy funding reveal.

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
The dudes were real, Trump supporters will basically do anything if you're as racist as them

The cops were fake doi

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Donovan Trip posted:

The dudes were real, Trump supporters will basically do anything if you're as racist as them

The cops were fake doi

I think it would be a hard a more wretched gang of americans than what you find waiting in Trump hugbox rally event.

I'm not suprised that Nathan Fielder directed the second episode especially the hilarious new mosque found by the Clinton Foundation scene:
https://news.avclub.com/nathan-fielder-wrote-and-directed-a-who-is-america-pra-1827804525

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slugnoid
Jun 23, 2006

Nap Ghost
the dudes were probably real, that third guy who was in the boxing gym but didnt go to the party probably caught on

• Locked thread