Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is Stephanie's BIG announcement?
This poll is closed.
An All Women PPV 7 7.00%
A Women's Tag Championship 5 5.00%
She's going to make Finn Balor bark like a dog 35 35.00%
Vince has finally transplanted his brain into Triple H's body 22 22.00%
She has finally learned to smile like a normal human being (comedy option) 31 31.00%
Total: 100 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Sockser posted:

Man I remember back in 2013-2015 when the product was mostly good in spite of itself

Like you had Cena doing really boring title matches every single week

But then the Shield stuff was happening and Daniel Bryan was happening and there were early hints of women’s wrestling being good even if that kinda went south a lot

And now I read the recaps once in a while to keep up with what’s going on and it’s ???????? Why would anyone watch three hours of this

Watch NXT. It's good. Main roster stuff is bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sono
Apr 9, 2008

Cavauro posted:

wrestling is firing on all cylinders right now

In the sense that WWE is trying to get its fans to eat a revolver.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

dsriggs posted:

I hope you like battle royals & 10 woman tags!

I'm okay with Zelina doing a headscissors then tagging out. Heck we might even get a Kairi elbow drop out of the deal.

Also Roman probably isn't headlining.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Aphrodite posted:

Roman/Owens at HIAC doesn't necessarily mean Owens beats Braun. There's plenty of time to put him in a title match between.

Besides Owen's current character would never use the briefcase for a pre-determined, fair 1 on 1 match. His old one would but if you think they're rehabbing him lol

It would be so easy.

Rehabbed Steen is literally one sentence. "gently caress you, fight me."

That's it.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Blaise330 posted:

I'm okay with Zelina doing a headscissors then tagging out. Heck we might even get a Kairi elbow drop out of the deal.

Also Roman probably isn't headlining.

I wouldn't be shocked if Kairi is defending the NXT Women's title. Shayna shouldn't be champion at this point. It doesn't help that if Shayna goes over Kairi, she's likely going to be out of babyfaces to beat up. And Shayna vs Bianca isn't going to go over well with the audience since it would be heel vs heel.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN
Remember when the Authors of Pain were called up and people were excited about that?

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Professor Funk posted:

Remember when the Authors of Pain were called up and people were excited about that?

I'm just sad they left their metalgrampa for this. Heck, they're probably just as sad.

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Baron Corbin posted:

watching raw makes me feel like a mummy floating in diarrhea for hundreds of years

Just want to say that I've been thinking about this post all day and can't stop laughing. Thank you, Baron Corbin

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

It's pretty crazy (jk it's not surprising at all) how Summerslam is shaping up to just be a re-run of Extreme Rules, between Seth/Dolph, KO/Braun, (I assume) Finn/Corbin, etc. Sigh.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

Professor Funk posted:

It's pretty crazy (jk it's not surprising at all) how Summerslam is shaping up to just be a re-run of Extreme Rules, between Seth/Dolph, KO/Braun, (I assume) Finn/Corbin, etc. Sigh.

WE'RE DOING IT OVER UNTIL WE GET IT RIGHT GODDAMN IT

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

Professor Funk posted:

Name someone whose callup has lead to brighter things (besides being paid more, which im sure they're 100% fine with. "blah blah paid for my house blah blah")

I got the 3 blonde women champions, Elias, and I guess Mojo cause the hype bros sucked.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

Blaise330 posted:

Name someone whose callup has lead to brighter things (besides being paid more, which im sure they're 100% fine with. "blah blah paid for my house blah blah")

I got the 3 blonde women champions, Elias, and I guess Mojo cause the hype bros sucked.

Yeah I think the top 3 are objectively Elias, Alexa, and Charlotte.

I hope they handle Drew right and he is on this list at some point (they won't).

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Renaissance Spam posted:

Roman, because it's the Lex Express only dragged out 2 years longer.

Roman is like if Luger won via count-out against Yokozuna at SummerSlam '93 and then in '95 he's losing in a triple threat to Diesel and Mabel and then in '96 he's losing to Vader and saying that this ruffian Steve Austin needs to show up to work on time and appeal to his paymasters.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Saint Freak posted:

They say we're young and we don't know
We won't find out until we grow
Well I don't know if all that's true
'Cause you got me, and baby I got you

*smashes alarm clock*

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Saint Freak posted:

ten years from now trips and steph are dragging vince's desiccated corpse to bingo halls to see if this is the night that roman finally gets cheered

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

He gazed up at the enormous face. Four years it had taken him to learn what kind of smile was hidden beneath the greasy hair. O cruel, needless misunderstanding! O stubborn, self-willed exile from the loving breast! Two gin-scented tears trickled down the sides of his nose. But it was all right, everything was all right, the struggle was finished. He had won the victory over himself. He loved The Big Dog.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
I'm confused as to why Roman gets to wrestle Brock for the title again. He lost at Extreme Rules, and he's lost against Brock like 3 times. Why does he get another chance. It reminds me of when Batista was the eternal number one contender. They jump through all these hoops to keep someone a number one contender but will never just pull the trigger.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

The_Rob posted:

I'm confused as to why Roman gets to wrestle Brock for the title again. He lost at Extreme Rules, and he's lost against Brock like 3 times. Why does he get another chance. It reminds me of when Batista was the eternal number one contender. They jump through all these hoops to keep someone a number one contender but will never just pull the trigger.

He won the matches with the #1 contendership on the line, therefore he is getting to wrestle the champ.

Seth Rollins got the same opportunity that Roman did despite losing to a lesser champion.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Roman's big claim is that his body hit the ground before Brock's during a cage match and therefore he deserves the title. That's it. He has gone up against Brock multiple times and been pinned clean, but the moment he saw a non-pin/submission way to claim victory he took it, didn't win anyway, and won't shut up about it.

The audience is supposed to take from this that Roman is being held down or hosed over by THE MAN despite being given opportunity after opportunity after opportunity.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Jerusalem posted:

Roman's big claim is that his body hit the ground before Brock's during a cage match and therefore he deserves the title. That's it. He has gone up against Brock multiple times and been pinned clean, but the moment he saw a non-pin/submission way to claim victory he took it, didn't win anyway, and won't shut up about it.

The audience is supposed to take from this that Roman is being held down or hosed over by THE MAN despite being given opportunity after opportunity after opportunity.

What claim does Seth Rollins have for a title shot after having lost to Dolph Ziggler five times in one night?

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Jack Anderson posted:

WWE,

You have over 160 active wrestlers.

Stop loving hiring people.

There needs to be a viable alternative to the WWE.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
https://i.imgur.com/MnCab35.gifv

Mella please

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

rare Magic card l00k posted:

What claim does Seth Rollins have for a title shot after having lost to Dolph Ziggler five times in one night?

I don't know, I didn't say he had one :confused:

Your Parents
Jul 19, 2017

by R. Guyovich

D.N. Nation posted:

Totally missed that Zelina was in the group of women at Raw tonight, though there's a good reason for that

My goodness, if Alexa and Sasha are towering over you...

And she's in heels and they aren't.

Your Parents
Jul 19, 2017

by R. Guyovich

mkay0 posted:

Storyline would make sense if Owens had even gotten the slightest bit of heat on Braun, so Braun would be willing to risk the case to get his hands on Owens.

He did get a little heat on him in the cage match. Owens is a coward whose offense is effective when he decides to use it.

a bitchin jetski
Jun 20, 2018

by SA Support Robot
Really nice of WWE to create a PPV especially for Ronda.

There's no way in the world that this would happen if she wasn't there.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

what was the point of the last few months if Seth just gets infinite title shots and Roman just gets his loving no.1 contender spot back in a Raw match. Nothing loving matters when it comes to Raw.

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

a bitchin jetski posted:

Really nice of WWE to create a PPV especially for Ronda.

There's no way in the world that this would happen if she wasn't there.

i can almost guarantee it's one of the ways they got her to sign

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Is this like the guy's constant gimmick because I would follow that

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
Well now that we got someone smaller than alexa and bigger than braun, hello MMC2 champions Zelina and Babatunde.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

Mr. Carlisle posted:

Is this like the guy's constant gimmick because I would follow that

I don't know I just found it randomly browsing The Imgur. But I can hope.

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

Blaise330 posted:

The Hype Bros weren't great, but solo Mojo is many times worse.

rare Magic card l00k posted:

Well, he only lost due to copious interference, cheating, and bad officiating, but WWE doesn't like babyfaces to complain so instead they just go "aww shucks" after being completely screwed. Except that Roman does this (except he lost clean). Fresh match ups for the intercontinental title should be the easiest thing in the world to consistently provide, yet it's Ziggler-Rollins for the foreseeable future.

Triple H pinning booker T at Wrestlemania 19, and Hogan beating Yokozuna are widely regarded as one of the world championship booking decisions in Wrestlemania history, I wonder if this year's Roman failure will be later regarded as the worst ever? For main event match results, it's pretty high up there.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

The_Rob posted:

I'm confused as to why Roman gets to wrestle Brock for the title again. He lost at Extreme Rules, and he's lost against Brock like 3 times. Why does he get another chance.

https://i.imgur.com/k3FUU7P.gifv

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Jerusalem posted:

Just gonna say this again, Roman's claim is bullshit.

At the Oil Rumble, his foot was in the ring apron skirt, not on the floor. Brock actually for real won that match because he rolled off the cage before Roman's foot was free from the skirt.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
They couldn't come up with a better name for the PPV than "Evolution"? lol

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Can we still appreciate that bizarre post-WM promo where Roman essentially came out and complained about how it was supposed to be his night but then the booking changed to put Brock over

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'
Because it would be the dumbest thing possible, I could see them doing some sort of Montreal Screwjob finish at SummerSlam. With the screwjob itself being painted as a good face thing and Brock’s comeuppance for disrespecting the WWE Brand/Universe. WWE will convince themselves this got someone over and consider Roman’s coronation “official.” lol who am I kidding about that last part.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
https://i.imgur.com/RqvYmtF.mp4

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

I think I almost would’ve preferred if they gave Roman the MITB this year, and had him crash a Rollins/Brock match to win the same way Seth did

Although my dream booking would’ve been giving it to Balor and having him cash in immediately after Roman won to take back his belt at Summerslam.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

Dacap posted:

I think I almost would’ve preferred if they gave Roman the MITB this year, and had him crash a Rollins/Brock match to win the same way Seth did

That's.... actually not terrible.

cavallingus posted:

They couldn't come up with a better name for the PPV than "Evolution"? lol

Great Ovaries Of Fire is too many syllables.

• Locked thread