Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Loved how the film ended with that transition from Motorball showing the title card into Swan Song. Perfection.

[edit] Hope they have a deluxe blu-ray set with some kind of collectible. I'll probably also buy it on Google Play to help put more funds towards a potential sequel.

teagone fucked around with this message at 05:53 on Apr 18, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Squeakquel happening, I can feel it

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I bought a gunnm shirt the other day, it's cool

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

omg, wouldn't it be badass if the cold opener of Battle Angel 2 was a 10 minute motorball scene in first-person and at the end some hands reach up and take off a VR headset and it was Ido in a monitor seat watching through Jasugun's eyes?

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

Squeakquel happening, I can feel it
I think you mean squeakwheel.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

omg, wouldn't it be badass if the cold opener of Battle Angel 2 was a 10 minute motorball scene in first-person and at the end some hands reach up and take off a VR headset and it was Ido in a monitor seat watching through Jasugun's eyes?

Hardcore Henry stealth sequel?

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Nessus posted:

I think you mean squeakwheel.

??

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gXQnlp3uqJA

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

This except they also release it as a VR experience for people with Oculus and Vive

Seemlar
Jun 18, 2002

Rodriguez: The middle and the end were always the same. It always ended that way. That was Jim’s ending, where she’s kind of targeted where she’s going and she’s pointing the sword up. I just thought that was a powerful ending. It’s a great drumroll into a sequel, if you had a sequel, but if there’s no sequel, she knows now who she is.

I haven't got it nearby to double check but one of the more interesting things about the artbook is it shows a whole bunch of stuff openly labelled as work that was done in 2005 when Cameron was still handling it, and I'm pretty sure the sword raising scene is among them in glorious Playstation 2 graphics quality concept art

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Seemlar posted:

I haven't got it nearby to double check but one of the more interesting things about the artbook is it shows a whole bunch of stuff openly labelled as work that was done in 2005 when Cameron was still handling it, and I'm pretty sure the sword raising scene is among them in glorious Playstation 2 graphics quality concept art

It's a pretty fitting image coming from source material that's blatantly about class struggle

AllisonByProxy
Feb 24, 2006

FUCK TERFS/BLM/ACAB
Someone convince me not to buy this: https://www.sideshow.com/collectibles/alita-battle-angel-hot-toys-903755

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

don't buy it

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

creepy pale skin

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Seemlar posted:

That sword raise was in the original script based off the article posted last page

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

TODAY WAS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Grimey Drawer

gently caress that. Buy the deluxe version.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

PaganGoatPants posted:

gently caress that. Buy the deluxe version.

i assume that's just a creepy sex doll

the_enduser
May 1, 2006

They say the user lives outside the net.

Get 10.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Hot toys rule and is very much worth it. Sort of.

TheMopeSquad
Aug 5, 2013

Funny you mention that because Yukito Kishiro had a one-shot called Ashen Victor where he showed there were "monitoring seats" motorball fans could use to directly link up with the players like virtual reality except also linking brains.

LeschNyhan
Sep 2, 2006

TheMopeSquad posted:

Funny you mention that because Yukito Kishiro had a one-shot called Ashen Victor where he showed there were "monitoring seats" motorball fans could use to directly link up with the players like virtual reality except also linking brains.

It’s also right at the beginning of book 3, where Ido does exactly this.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

That's why I mentioned it yall

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
No, seriously though, making that and having it be a Vive experience is like the most obvious tie-in of all time

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

The face seems a little different- I know likenesses are tricky to capture in toy form though (even when there isn't CGI involved.)

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

This except they also release it as a VR experience for people with Oculus and Vive

TheMopeSquad posted:

LeschNyhan posted:

That's why I mentioned it yall

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

No, seriously though, making that and having it be a Vive experience is like the most obvious tie-in of all time

the handwriting is on the wall, my friends

https://film.avclub.com/a-robert-rodriguez-virtual-reality-film-captures-the-pu-1833574349

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

blu ray is out sometime in the next 2 months

Just want to say, this is an unusually longtime for a movie to get its bluray release. There aren't even preorders up yet. Probably something to do with the Disney/Fox merger maybe?

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

so like was it good

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

It was great.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Arglebargle III posted:

so like was it good

It's an incredibly faithful live action adaptation of the manga, warts and all.

TheMopeSquad
Aug 5, 2013

LeschNyhan posted:

woops, I started reading at like volume 3 issue 3 maybe I missed that :shrug:

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

teagone posted:

Just want to say, this is an unusually longtime for a movie to get its bluray release. There aren't even preorders up yet. Probably something to do with the Disney/Fox merger maybe?

Maybe they're adding all the deleted scenes that I want that don't exist! :allears:

The D in Detroit
Oct 13, 2012

teagone posted:

It felt like I waited a year for the Valerian bu-ray to come out but that's maybe because i saw it in theatres and couldnt wait to watch it again.

the_enduser
May 1, 2006

They say the user lives outside the net.

Apparently there is a lawsuit from the Epic Stone Group? (Some trademark troll company)

They say they own the Battle Angel trademark etc.

It seems to be delaying the bluray release. (which is supposedly late July?)

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Just enough time to put in all my deleted scenessss

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

Tertius Oculum posted:

Apparently there is a lawsuit from the Epic Stone Group? (Some trademark troll company)

Tertius Oculum posted:

Ah yes, antagonizing James Cameron, a move that has never ended badly for anyone ever

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Babysitter Super Sleuth posted:

Ah yes, antagonizing James Cameron, a move that has never ended badly for anyone ever

There's some bodies in the Challenger Deep that can attest to that, I'm sure.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Babysitter Super Sleuth posted:

This is their site, the people who filed the lawsuit — https://battleangel1.com/

:laffo:

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
ah, this is their battle angel, I see...

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
wait wait wait, that image appears to be edited in mspaint to say battle angelⓇ over whatever was on the bag tag before ahahahaha

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
that should be like the easiest, slam-dunk loss for them ever given that Viz was publishing Gunnm as "Battle Angel Alita" in the early 90s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Captain Invictus posted:

ah, this is their battle angel, I see...

mobile suit gunnm