Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

https://twitter.com/SuedeBlade/status/1102695242543783936

https://twitter.com/ClayJAndres/status/1102706941292232709

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Not everyone who works under Disney are treated the same, and not every division work the same way. Jon Favreau was not happy working for Marvel but he's perfectly fine making The Jungle Book and now Lion King for Disney.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

I refuse to ask Disney for anything, but I can't help but hope RR/JC hold a gun to their head in some way.

JC going to direct one of their Princess or Star Wars movies to get an Alita sequel made.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Motorball probably pays really well. All that money is probably useful for something.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

I bought this the moment I found out it's on Google Play.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

ThanosWasRight posted:

I'm sorry. Did the one non-evil minority character in this film have a name? Was it token?

They put her name in the title.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1232222762023997440?s=20

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

I found out that maybe Cameron and Rodriguez got along so well because they both like hot Latinas kicking rear end. Cameron said one movie he likes to watch is Resident Evil, specifically the parts with Michelle Rodriguez.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

I guess this is an elephant in the room that has been gnawing at my mind: do people in the Alita world gently caress? Like when they get full body replacements do they get boners or what?

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Kassad posted:

In the manga, there's a big correlation between getting a full-body replacement and being batshit insane and getting off on eating brains or being utterly driven by some kind of personal quest that leaves no room for anything like sexual desire or self-preservation.

Yeah, that sounds about right. In the movie most of the full body cyborgs are bounty hunters, serial killers, and rollerball players.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Am I right to assume that Zalem cyborgs would all be sleeker and shinier than the ones in Iron City?

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Miller is already in Australia about to film Furiosa.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Android Apocalypse posted:

Just thinking about Ron Perlman as his role as Vincent in the 80's tv show Beauty & the Beast.

James Cameron probably a fan since Joshua in Dark Angel looked almost exactly like Vincent despite being mutated with dog DNA instead of cat.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Shanty posted:

Get Cameron to knock out the sequel between Avatar releases. He's got material in the can for five of those anyway, what else is he going to do.

He says he might not direct Avatars 4 and 5. Come on, JC. Give us Alita 2.

I also love the idea of Robert Rodriguez making Avatar movies. He already had practise with Spy Kids!

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

I am so glad to see the people making one of Malaysia's highest grossing movies is an Alita fan. See if you can spot the homage.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q0mT0b1rSzM

FYI the main character is also a cybernetic martial artist.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

teagone posted:

Yeah that's a fair position. I was just excited to finally have Alita be a live-action venture after enduring so many years of waiting lol. My only gripe with the film is that I wouldn't have minded the violence to be quite a bit more intense. As good as the action design wise, I would not have minded more sparks and oil/blue blood splattering all over the place to even further embrace its hyperviolent manga/anime roots.

What is Genndy Tartakovsky doing? He should do more robot massacre storyboards.