Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Shageletic posted:

Motorball was the second best thing about the movie other than Alita's feral nature.

Yeah, it made me wish there were more futuristic sports movies with setups like this. We got poo poo like Rollerball and Blood of Heroes, but where's my goddamn Mutant League Football movie already jeez.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Ha, now that you mention it, I can see a bit of Crow T. Robot in the design of that ship.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

How the gently caress do you fall asleep during Alita, goddamn this guy.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

DrSunshine posted:

But what if the friend was right-wing, though?

Weren't weirdo right wingers saying seeing Alita somehow disrupts the "Captain Marvel Agenda" already? I hate that I just remembered that.

ruddiger fucked around with this message at 05:54 on May 10, 2019

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Just give them robot guts.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Vir posted:

Criminal Copyright Infringement of Alita Movie Leads to 4-Year Prison Sentence in China

I thought China didn't care that much about copyright, but when it's Alita and Chinese-made movies, it's off to prison. The sheer audacity of hacking a theater and starting your own movie theater to play pirated movies is pretty staggering:

Free the reel

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

teagone posted:

Imagine an Alita sequel that opens similar to Desperado; that same energy/vibe, but Alita with a keytar.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3h2wyp0M6fM

yes please