Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.
Weird trip report from That First Guy....

All those comm modules around the Portal? They were already there when I got here. There's definitely been other people using it to cross Aptarkaba, just nobody had been to the Goon Prime system before.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CaptainSkinny
Apr 22, 2011

You get it?
No.

For those of you sick of repair costs, don't forget to turn off purchase costs in the difficulty settings. I don't think anyone mentioned this yet.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

just a little warning, the :frogout: base is a crash hazard due to excessive amounts of light up floor tiles. it's not guaranteed, just more likely when exiting vehicles in the area.

also the emoticon is now too big for all of them to be seen lit up at once. so that's interesting.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

3 posted:

They might have changed it, I've definitely seen player bases around portals in the wild; I recently found one in the Euclid core that someone had just fully encased in walls lol. Anyway if anyone on Goon Prime can see my base please let me know for my own personal edification!

edit: I reloaded and the message balls are back, so false alarm and I retract my previous apology

If you can get back to the boxed portal easy get a screenshot I wanna see if it's one of mine

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

If you can get back to the boxed portal easy get a screenshot I wanna see if it's one of mine

I've also got a Portal Box base.

I should probably finish it off sometime.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

this all makes my insistence on playing permadeath a bit of a bummer. maybe i'll make another account to check this stuff out.

wish i could just make a copy of my main account and switch it to normal 'cause i spent a long time finding the perfect freighter and perfect wingmate ships

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

There's a featured base in the anomaly that's only 2 galaxy hops away from LGO right now fwiw

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

I got other poo poo to do but also now the GET OUT speech bubble flashes on and off every 2 seconds.

dennyk
Jan 2, 2005

Cheese-Buyer's Remorse

5er posted:

Same. K/M for everything that isn't vehicle driving, and an XB gamepad nearby for anything that needs driving.

I would totally do this, but not being able to set up separate Y-axis inversion options for mouse and controller (or for spaceship controls and walking camera controls) makes it an enormous pain in the arse.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Sometimes you just have a moment in this game

https://i.imgur.com/X7RbfHy.mp4

CaptainSkinny
Apr 22, 2011

You get it?
No.

Welcome to Doobie's Dog House!

Enjoy the ambiance

Now with a vent hood installed

This is the closest you'll get to a frog on the building

Plenty of parking at the Subway across the street!

Come on down!

Organic Lube User
Apr 15, 2005

Dammit now someone's gonna do Groverhaus.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Organic Lube User posted:

Dammit now someone's gonna do Groverhaus.

Oh gently caress, yes please.

Organic Lube User
Apr 15, 2005

I cannot. My brain cannot contain the non-euclidean geometries necessary to construct it.

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.
LGO broke my loving brain already, and probably traumatised me against ever not using squares again. There is no way I'm taking that one.

Organic Lube User
Apr 15, 2005

Shockeh posted:

LGO broke my loving brain already, and probably traumatised me against ever not using squares again. There is no way I'm taking that one.

That'll do, goon. That'll do.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

well :frogout: is pretty much done, asides from a few cosmetic touches to the slum around the viewing tower, and I do need a new projet...

NMS sometimes gets pissy when you build multiple bases on the same planet though, but that might just be if they're too close together.

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.
Whoever named all the Minerals & Animals by the way, I love you. :glomp:

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Shockeh posted:

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

pretty sure that was 5er

5er posted:

Grandma's Sunday Wig, which is a bush... I don't want to put horrifying imagery in everyone's head...

...though I've found a few rocks they missed, and have vaguely stuck to the naming conventions

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Shockeh posted:

Yes, they're so good. I laughed like an idiot as I was scanning rocks.

5er
Jun 1, 2000

Qapla' to a true warrior! :patriot:

Shockeh posted:

<3

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.
Interior update:

LGO now has a, the first on Goon Prime, a private room for special occasions, a gun store, and an official monogram on the wall.

Additionally, an array of small vendors have opened their doors, providing the greatest retail opportunities for literally millions of lightyears around!