Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Six AM
Nov 30, 2008
Whats the fps on a ps4 pro? Id like to play this game on a bigger screen, but not at the loss of a constant good fps

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xilni
Feb 26, 2014

Left my PC running today and turned off sleep. Hopefully steam downloaded the update at some point on its own so I can jump right into dying two minutes into my play through.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer
Update on my start in hell: Successfully marched across a firestorm to get the important part needed to repair my ship, found some strange lifeforms who apparently think nothing of 100+ °C. Lucky beasts! I had to gargle Yellow Stuff like a junky to keep my protection up.

Climbed the mountain to my ship again. Accidentally made two refineries after leaving the first one behind the ship and getting confused. Refined some stuff, now everything is ready for take-off. But oops, time's up! Tomorrow is work after all. :v:

Anyway, game is good.

Edit:

Also my boring rear end old PS4 runs the game fine. Seems I got lucky here. No low framerates or anything. :shrug:

Retro42
Jun 27, 2011

Libluini posted:

Edit:

Also my boring rear end old PS4 runs the game fine. Seems I got lucky here. No low framerates or anything. :shrug:

Same here, the only frame rate hiccups I’ve noticed so far are obvious loading spots like reentry or warping.

Found my first drop pod post update, only to see it needed to be repaired first. Such a small but game changing touch. I like this update.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Ok, I think a new TV. Found the oxygen plants but the icon is so teeny, it’s hard work.

Also lol

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽

xilni posted:

Left my PC running today and turned off sleep. Hopefully steam downloaded the update at some point on its own so I can jump right into dying two minutes into my play through.

If you have steam on your phone you can tell it to download the update from the "library" section.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Game still doesn't respect changed keybinds on PC :/

Started new game and 'E' was the first thing I see, despite my use key being T

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

blackguy32 posted:

You need to build an analysis visor. A tutorial message should pop up shortly after you find the part youre looking for.

Yep, got it. It was two whole years ago so I don't really remember how it was back then but man, I had to intuit that a whole lot and would've appreciated a little more handholding like the filthy casual I've become in my old age. At least I got off my starting heat planet and now I'm going back to the Witcher 3 (I just met the crones last night and they traumatised me so much by their very existence that I needed something to chill out; i.e. No Man's sky) but I'll return when Geralt encounters some ridiculously tense moral choice that causes me to question my whole social axiom.. so in like half an hour or so...

Lava Lamp Goddess
Feb 19, 2007

Started a new random multiplayer game. Been loading shaders for a minute or two while a random dude talks to himself over voice chat.

Is the voice chat location based and I just happened to start right next to another player or is it lobby based?

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich
Fyi, if you pick up your refinery it nulls whatever fuel you had in it.

texting my ex
Nov 15, 2008

I am no one
I cannot squat
It's in my blood
PS4 still sounding like a loving leaf blower, no thanks Hello Games

no other game on PS4 does this

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

Six AM posted:

Whats the fps on a ps4 pro? Id like to play this game on a bigger screen, but not at the loss of a constant good fps

I'm getting like nothing in terms of FPS on PS4 pro. It gets about up to thirty but chugs if I move the camera.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Ok I’m home and getting ready to start and this is some real loving serious shaders loading at the start.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

texting my ex posted:

PS4 still sounding like a loving leaf blower, no thanks Hello Games

no other game on PS4 does this

I have it happen a lot with PSVR games.

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Ok I’m home and getting ready to start and this is some real loving serious shaders loading at the start.

Yeah it seriously concerned me for a little bit lol

Retro42
Jun 27, 2011

A. Beaverhausen posted:

Fyi, if you pick up your refinery it nulls whatever fuel you had in it.

It puts the extra back into your inventory.

Mean Baby
May 28, 2005

I loaded up a planet and I love the third person mode. The framerate can be a little sluggish on the PS4 Pro with weather effects and the like. It hasn't impacted my enjoyment.

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

Retro42 posted:

It puts the extra back into your inventory.

Well gently caress me, that's nice.

E: I gotta say, as disapponted as I was with 1.0 I held on to my hope and my avatar, so far I'm enjoying the changes quite a bit. The little things here and there make it feel like what they should have released.

Course I'm on PC, sounds like the ps4 is having some pains.

A. Beaverhausen fucked around with this message at 22:57 on Jul 24, 2018

Feindfeuer
Jun 20, 2013

shoot men, receive credits
Started a survival game with my buddy, found this in a crate near the starting zone:

Left my first planet with 600K of cash-money. Seems balanced.

Anime_Otaku
Dec 6, 2009
Is anyone playing on the original version of the Xbox One? I’m kinda interested but not 100% sure yet.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

:lol: first planet had no natural cave formation and also it was a fire hell planet. I died in two minutes.

Retro42
Jun 27, 2011

Found an underground lake filled with Pearls earlier. Also, something called a curious resource formation made of TetraCobalt. It wasn’t a lump of resources, it was a field of shiny metal balls.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Advanced mining laser?

Retro42
Jun 27, 2011

Calaveron posted:

Advanced mining laser?

Yep. No idea how much they were worth. I don’t have it yet. Fresh start with the update.

Weirdly enough the blue flowers are one of my favorite changes. ~30 seconds of infinite jet pack fuel out of nowhere? Yes please!

Retro42 fucked around with this message at 23:16 on Jul 24, 2018

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
I love how pretty much every bit of technology installed on my spacegun, spacesuit and spaceship was rendered obsolete and I broke down into some weird resource that instantly filled up my inventories and now have no idea what to do with any of it

AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug
Do freighters still cost a loving fortune? I was starting to grind towards one before I burned out on the game.

RaspberrySea
Nov 29, 2004
Apparently you get a free one in the plot at least?

xilni
Feb 26, 2014

AlmightyPants posted:

Do freighters still cost a loving fortune? I was starting to grind towards one before I burned out on the game.

You get a welfare one as part of the tutorial so there’s that

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I’m an idiot and insisting on doing a permadeath. Planet isn’t initially terrible. I make it to the ship get the beacon built and find my next stop. It’s a good distance away but I think I can make it. About a third of the way there I get a firestorm warning. Also the game only has my current objective marked and not my ship so I get lost trying to backtrack. I burnt a ton of resources and almost die making it to the ship. Not 5 seconds after I get in the storm ends.

gently caress you too, planet.

All that said, I don’t think I’ll actually get far. Looks like the same insane costs for everything are still in place for survival and even those free planet boosts are only 10 seconds instead of the apparent 30 seconds in normal.

Fireside Nut
Feb 10, 2010

turp

GokuGoesSSJ3 posted:

Can anyone give me a rundown on how multiplayer works? I read the first result that came up on google but I'm still confused. https://blog.us.playstation.com/2018/07/24/how-no-mans-sky-multiplayer-works-in-todays-massive-next-update/

Mainly I don't understand how your profile/character works. If I'm reading it right you can use any save and play with any friend's save as long as they're at the same difficulty? Does your character just carry over to your friend's world then and pop back into your world next time you play that? I've never played this game before so sorry if this is obvious to someone who has.

Quoting this because I'm hoping to learn more too. As I mentioned a few pages ago, I'm hoping to play with friends in different time zones and want to be able to jump in/out of a persistent world to work together on base building, etc. I've read the patch notes and googled stuff but can't find a good rundown on how it really works.

SquirrelGrip
Jul 4, 2012

Anime_Otaku posted:

Is anyone playing on the original version of the Xbox One? I’m kinda interested but not 100% sure yet.

i can try it when i get back on friday, i only got a few minutes on a onex last night but it was smooth

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

MorgaineDax posted:

Apparently you get a free one in the plot at least?
gently caress... really? I was hoping I wouldn't have to replay the plot but I loaded up my old save and there's no mainline quest to do anymore. Is there a new plot to follow or are they just rewarding new characters better?

poo poo, loading an old save fucks a lot of stuff up now that I'm looking around some more. The "storage container inventory" you can move things to while in a portable refinery isn't, as far as I can tell, actually accessible because... once you build storage containers they're full of all the old stuff they used to have and... for some reason I can't even build storage container #1 for reasons completely unexplained.

I really should just start over. This save was only 30 hours in and had almost everything anyway so, whatever... I'll just cheat engine if I get bored again.

DaveKap fucked around with this message at 00:04 on Jul 25, 2018

Two Owls
Sep 17, 2016

Yeah, count me in

GOG update's up, but no multiplayer yet.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I think it’s just part of the overhaul. They’re integrating base building and freighters way earlier as part of the tutorial. Hell, the process of getting your ship off the ground now involves building signal boosters and refineries and how you can build these tools then take with you (since base building is now anywhere).

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

DaveKap posted:

gently caress... really? I was hoping I wouldn't have to replay the plot but I loaded up my old save and there's no mainline quest to do anymore. Is there a new plot to follow or are they just rewarding new characters better?

From the very little of the plot I did pre next the plot is better tied I guess. There are new lines for sure

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽

Two Owls posted:

GOG update's up, but no multiplayer yet.

Didn't gog never get the orb multiplayer either?

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

I think i'm gonna try to get back into this. i tried at launch and once again like a year or two? ago and i was a mushroom farmer.

Funny to see they did it again to a whole new group of people with the PS4 version. Hang in there, guys, a functional game is just a year or two away!

I hope being the biggest liquid explosive manufacturer in the galaxy is still a good way to make mad dosh.

Tercio
Jan 30, 2003

so in this update can you fly in a ship with a friend or are you all flying around in your own single person capacity ships?

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Made it off the first planet!

Tercio posted:

so in this update can you fly in a ship with a friend or are you all flying around in your own single person capacity ships?

Ships are single person. Multiple people can land in your freighter and then you can go places. Or you can let your friends land then send the freighter to another system to be a dick to your friends.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

The bugs of loading an old save continue. After building a base thingy, it reset my dialog with Polo (who I had talked to earlier and was still at the end of his questline) in a "space anomaly" questline that's sitting there next to my two other completed mainline quests. I definitely have to start a new game.

Edit: Also just noticed that there is a "load manual save" option but... no more manual save option. What the hell?