Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Anime Store Adventure
May 6, 2009

I liquidated my old base and all it’s living glass to sort of give myself a “soft restart” with just me and my ship and a boatload of credits (10m).

I’m hoping the freighter changes mean I can actually afford a freighter now, instead of having to grind out 110million. If someone who’s playing right when it drops finds out about the new promised “earlier” freighters, drop in and post about it so I can read from work and be jealous.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anime Store Adventure
May 6, 2009

Yeah both launch times and patch drops seem to conjure up just absolutely tons of “facts” about when and how they’ll release. People create self fulfilling prophecies of “They’re going to release all three platforms at the exact same time, because if they didn’t people would get mad.” That doesn’t happen, so they get mad.

Anime Store Adventure
May 6, 2009

I’d just love to have one more extra storage where I can shove one stack of each of those sorts of “secondary” resources like nickel, gold, whatever, so that if I change ships or multitools I have a nice stock build to replace fully all the mods that I liked.

The_Doctor posted:

I remember finally getting a freighter a year ago when I last played, and it seemed pretty pointless at the time. Transferring everything around took forever, and you couldn’t really do anything with it.

...and I hope they might change how easy it is to transfer things to it, given there’s significant changes around them, else my above plan sounds pretty bunk.

Anime Store Adventure
May 6, 2009

My ship isn’t that big and half full of mods, as is my suit. The base isn’t easy to transfer to (unless they changed that or I missed it) so storing like 10 different stacks that i can easily shift my current suit inventory to is nontrivial.

Anime Store Adventure
May 6, 2009

ZeusCannon posted:

Is it possible to miss the free freighter?

No, I don’t think so. I saved a freighter but didn’t take the one granted to me because I thought it looked stupid. The next battle I saved a freighter still gave me the option for the free one.

Anime Store Adventure
May 6, 2009

ZeusCannon posted:

I ask because I ran into a freighter fleet but there was no conflict and the owner wanted like 150 mil for it. So I wanted to make sure I didn't miss anything

Yeah, you need to save one in a battle. I don’t know how it decides what to give you - I got a 27 slot one and that seemed like a good deal but was also the same number of slots as my ship.

Has anyone had unrepairable frigates? That’s currently the only really major bug I’ve had this patch beyond some multiplayer weirdness that was ignorable.

Anime Store Adventure
May 6, 2009

Apparently the experimental patch available for STEAM players prevents that, but won’t (yet, apparently) fix already busted saves. I haven’t had a chance to try out the experimental.

Being unable to fix my frigates and ignoring them until a patch fixed them sort of unintentionally saved me from doing bunches of expeditions though. Bugs saving me from worse bugs. :v:

Anime Store Adventure
May 6, 2009

Has anyone had any weird issues with terrain repopulating inside your base after digging it out?

I’m trying to make two-wall high rooms, and the game seems to not like the empty space that encompasses the top half of the room and every time I leave the base it refills that space with the terrain I removed.

I’m trying various methods of saving, uploading, and building to try and find a way to keep it dug out. I would give up and just do single high walls, but somehow one room that was entirely dug out is 100% fine and persists through saves. There has to be a trick somehow, or maybe it’s just janky. (It’s probably just janky.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anime Store Adventure
May 6, 2009

You can also build a modular wall and join a corridor of the large rooms to it and it’ll make a holo door out of the wall.