Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
It's still just space exploration and base building, just now with 4 friends and random people along for the ride. It's not going to be EVE Online but there's communities that all go to one part of space thanks in part to a portal system.

You can chose to follow the story to head to the center of the universe. Following the story allows you to select from one of four new procgen seeds (Same as before, more extreme, more earth like planets, abandoned.) Just reaching the center advances the seed by one (to the same as before universe.) The end message of the story is nobody exists on purpose, nobody belongs anywhere, everybody's gonna die. Now watch out for the whip fern.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
https://nomanssky.gamepedia.com/Biome_-_Dead

quote:

Low-atmosphere worlds with an Dead biome are characterized by a complete lack of flora and fauna. They have rocky and dusty surfaces and are comparable to some real life airless terrestrial bodies like Mars or the Moon. Some worlds have an atmosphere while others don't. These worlds tend to have higher amounts of resources compared to other biomes. Bring sufficient Power Gels and Thamium9 when exploring these worlds, as they increase the strain on Life Support.

Yellow stars in Tranquil galaxies have 1/4 the chance to have dead planets, and yellow stars in Ancestral galaxies have 2x the chance, compared to other star types.

Unlike other biomes, dead worlds never contain any structures such as trading posts.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Based on when Sonic Mania hit, there's probably a good 7 hours until you can play NEXT unless you have an Xbox One copy.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Dorkopotamis posted:

Is there any comprehensive explanation of how multiplayer is going to work? Can I come across people without intending to?
Pear Sean:
You can setup a party of 4 players. Other players can appear. You can turn off random encounters.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

texting my ex posted:

Used to play this on PS4 when it launched and it was a cool stoner game. Now I wanna try all the cool new stuff on my PS4 pro and it just blows up the fans to max, like the drat console is gonna take off and fly away. No other game does this, not even Horizon Zero Dawn. Any fix?

I've found taking off the hard drive cover and pointing a small desk fan directly at it significantly reduced overall fan noise.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I got sent back to the local space station after the update. Oh boy.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
My creative mode game with 20 hours crashed going into the discoveries menu.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
The calm planet I'm on has a ring and fireflies.

My freighter had some interesting changes.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
There's still a bit of pop in, but less noticable.

It looks like there's actually indicators for proper landing pads now.

E:
Weather Update: Incoming Storm

Dehry fucked around with this message at 17:40 on Jul 24, 2018

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
$25 is about as low as the game ever gets throughout all the sales digitally. The only lower price is finding some PS4 physical copies used.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
There's going to be an icon at the top of the HUD pointing towards your ship. That sounds like a change because in all the other updates you spawned right next to it.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
There's a few crash reports on the NMS Reddit and I experienced one within a few minutes of starting an old save. They might be working to patch something for real.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
The game maps to Xbox One and Xbox 360 controllers just fine. Steam has a built in controller emulator as well.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
There are guilds in the game. I wasn't aware until I required high standing with them to advance the story (even in creative mode.)

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
The solar system has been wiped out twice now, so it's probably best to restart standard game modes. Not so sure about creative.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

texting my ex posted:

PS4 still sounding like a loving leaf blower, no thanks Hello Games

no other game on PS4 does this

I have it happen a lot with PSVR games.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Lava Lamp Goddess posted:

Next had a broken piece of quest text pop up. Tried screenshotting the broken piece of code it gave me but no luck. I still got the quest at least.

A part of the game's lore involves data corruption. That may have been on purpose.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I usually am good with Keyboard and Mouse on space games but I broke down and plugged in a Xbone controller. It's far better suited for gameplay.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Ok this was worth it.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Once you have a fleet you can recruit frigates. They can be landed on and they can be walked on, but don't seem to have any inside areas and can't be customized. I think that's where some of the space shots in the NEXT trailer take place.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
With the patch coming up I started playing again and RNG named the first planet I landed on "Notworking Area"