Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OgretailFood
Oct 9, 2012

Recommended by 10 out of 10 Aragami

I have to admit, for a toxic wasteland this is actually pretty

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OgretailFood
Oct 9, 2012

Ursine Catastrophe posted:

probably balanced out by the number of "buried" modules I've tripped across floating in midair but hey ho

So this is actually a normal thing? Good to know

OgretailFood
Oct 9, 2012

I'm in the part where i went to an abandoned building to get the antimatter blueprint and found these things

are these similar to the whispering ones near the abandoned base, or are they safe to harvest?

OgretailFood
Oct 9, 2012

nice, thank you! found only 7 in total but i'm totally marking this area in case they respawn.

OgretailFood
Oct 9, 2012

Did my first warp jump, found a planetary archive on the first planet I landed on and got this bug-looking ship, the pink coloration makes it even better :swoon:

Still a Class C :v:

OgretailFood
Oct 9, 2012

I'm still early in the game, just got into the anomaly/multiplayer hub, only managed to buy it because I sold a million credit plant i got from a buried chest, those three keys were a pain to find and even managed to nab a gravitino ball. I did hole up to avoid sentinels and made some noise excavating to trigger the countdown, it was a fun experience ngl, this whole game is quite an exploration experience I rarely find in any other game in terms of scale.

OgretailFood
Oct 9, 2012

What are storm crystals for? I got one on this planet with a very strong blizzard, went to get a second one but by the time I reached it the blizzard subsided and had like three sentinels patrolling.

OgretailFood
Oct 9, 2012

I think I found something more valuable than the storm crystals

I apologize if it feels like I'm spamming pictures but I'm always amazed by the planets I find. And speaking of, I was quite surprised by the mean green monsters, even more so since I cant scan them nor get anything from killing them, just the few laval cores I salvaged because they kept tackling me around.

Oh and thanks to you all about the freighter talk last page, I decided to decline the first one I helped.

OgretailFood
Oct 9, 2012

Got a freighter yesterday (liked the color scheme and shape) and my god I can customize part of the interior, how do I get more rooms like the Fleet Command Room? Do I need to do the Base quests for that?

Anyway here's a pic of the freighter.

OgretailFood
Oct 9, 2012

So, I visited the anomaly today and someone gave void eggs to everyone there and now a squid-like ship(?) gave me a cryptic message and now I have a mission called starbirth. What are these for?

OgretailFood
Oct 9, 2012

Thundarr posted:

Its the living ship quest. Proceed to obtain a weird procgen alien bug that you can fly around in!

Nobody has randomly spotted me a void egg so far, maybe because I'm walking around with the Iteration 1 title and they expect me to already have a fleet of them, I dunno. :v: I'll get one eventually but I gotta finish making myself pretty first.

Nice, I can get my own alien ship, except is way too far from any system I ever visited and I need an Indium Drive. Speaking of, traveled to my first red system and it's an empty/uncharted system; no trade outpost, no space station, and the first planet is weird, it's actually creepy if you ask me.

OgretailFood
Oct 9, 2012

Ok, I finally made the indium drive so i can go to the living ship mission, except is so loving far since it's on the opposite of my current location and no stars in between so i have to go the long way around to reach it.

At least I have a reason to keep visiting systems and planets, even found a pretty one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OgretailFood
Oct 9, 2012

Thundarr posted:

Just buy one S class hyperdrive upgrade and that'll get you straight there. You can check the upgrade vendors in every station you visit and use the portal to warp between them, chances are at least one has that upgrade for sale.
My god you weren't kidding, I can jump straight away to it. This certainly makes things easier.