Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Trastion
Jul 24, 2003
The one and only.
I hope we can do the freighter tutorial on a current save and not just if you start new. I really don't want to grind from nothing again.

Just 6 more hours until I am home from work and hopefully can play on my ps4!

My ps4 is in rest Mode so it better download and install the update on it's own.

Trastion fucked around with this message at 16:21 on Jul 24, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trastion
Jul 24, 2003
The one and only.

Harminoff posted:

I still don't see how max players in multiplayer?

I know the group of 4, but is it just you 4 and ai or are you able to run into other groups?

I am pretty sure everyone is in the same universe so you just need to find others. I bet the big clan places near the center will be hell.

Those patch notes are great. I hope it is all as good as it sounds.

Trastion
Jul 24, 2003
The one and only.

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

PC crew is there a goon steam group or somewhere I can go check to see if there are any other gonons to play this possible not bad anymore game with?

The Discord server covers all versions. There are rooms for each platform. There is a Discord phone app too.

Trastion
Jul 24, 2003
The one and only.
Has anyone that continued a save from before been able to do the freighter tutorial and get the free ship? This will probably be the biggest factor in me playing a new save or not.

Trastion
Jul 24, 2003
The one and only.

Fireside Nut posted:

Has anyone tried multiplayer yet? Let's say I create a game and have some buddies jump in and we start building a base. Then the next day my buddy has some time and wants to jump and continue the shared game, can he can jump in without me and work on our game? Or do I have to host the game for him to build on our world?

From my experience last night we had an issue where when my friend changed saves to bring in his other ship with some materials for us it made his whole base disappear. When he switched back to his new save it appeared again. That may have just been that the servers were flooded and that it wasn't actually uploading his base to the server like it said. This is something you have to manually do at the Base Computer. If you don't upload/update the base after making changes then it wont be on the server for anyone else to see.

It doesn't seem like they are actual shared bases as you only seen to be able to access stuff in the other persons base if you are in their party currently. When you are in the party you get GUEST access to their base which allows you to interact and build things.

Drone posted:

Would also like to know this, since I'd probably be playing this exclusively with my husband. And if we both start a new game together, can we immediately start multiplayer'ing, or do we have to finish the tutorial first? And does immediately jumping into multiplayer somehow break the tutorial breadcrumbs?

It will put you in the same game close to each other. You can work together and the tutorial will take you both to the same places. No breadcrumb issues but we did start the new game and multiplayer right off the bat.

The only thing I would suggest is not redeeming your pre-order starship, if you have it, until after you do the Hyperdrive part. That still breaks because the pre-order ship has one already.

VVVVV - it should say in the quest log on the left i think if it is a main quest. The top section is main quests and the bottom is secondary. Also you only need to talk to 30 NPCs for that. You get milestones for it too.

Trastion fucked around with this message at 16:02 on Jul 25, 2018

Trastion
Jul 24, 2003
The one and only.

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

also, i figured out what putting multiple refineries next to each other does: it dupes the output of the working refinery. so uh, you know, if you care about that sort of thing, go crazy.

You mean like your getting twice the output for the same materials?

Trastion
Jul 24, 2003
The one and only.

A. Beaverhausen posted:

Yep, right beside the character customization pad you can buy an exosuit slot once per station

To clarify on this don't talk to the guy, go to the exosuit pod thing behind him even if you can't see the exosuit hanging in it.

And you can do this at each space station you come across so join random MP games if you want to do it quickly. Just join, fly to station, buy it and save then leave. Repeat.

Trastion
Jul 24, 2003
The one and only.

haveblue posted:

I found one of the old exosuit drop pods but it wanted half a dozen different exotic materials to repair it. What do you get out of those and is it worth doing?

You can do those and it just cost the materials instead of credits like the one in the space station. You still just get a new slot.

Also for anyone who doesn't already know, when you are doing these you can also choose to do the Tech & Extra Storage slots. Just click on their little bubbles on the suit to switch to that type.

Trastion
Jul 24, 2003
The one and only.
drat I probably cant play tonight so I hope the PS4 patch is a few days out still so I can dupe some stuff before its fixed.

Trastion
Jul 24, 2003
The one and only.

chaosapiant posted:

Does the space combat technique of “fly backwards, shoot forwards” still work?

Is there some other way to combat? :)

Trastion
Jul 24, 2003
The one and only.

theblackw0lf posted:

This REALLY needs to be mentioned in the game somewhere. This has existed since the beginning, and they still don't let new players know this incredibly important feature.

They really need to just make it where you can move a tech upgrade to another slot without having to disassemble and re make it.

Trastion
Jul 24, 2003
The one and only.

Libluini posted:

OK, as fun as base building on a lush, vibrant ocean planet is, there is something seriously wrong if you can't find any "Dihydrogen" on a loving ocean planet :suicide:

Now I had to stop everything and emergency safe + log out because my life support kept running out. Mind you, I have tons of carbon but apparently my future tech can't accept water not in crystal form, so I can't craft gel to support myself. There is also no oxygen here. Apparently all those creatures are methan-breathers or something?

Any idea what I can do now, except hoping the few crystals I found respawn after restarting the game?

join a random multiplayer game and see if you can find some on the planet there.

Trastion
Jul 24, 2003
The one and only.
If you are making and selling a bunch of the same high priced items don't sell them to the terminals as you will crash the market of them in that area and the price will go down. If you sit at a Trade Depot (probably the space station also) and sell to NPC ships instead then it doesn't seem to affect the price at all.

Trastion
Jul 24, 2003
The one and only.
Where do you get the medium and large refiners from? I don't have them yet and I think I am done with all the base building missions and such. I am playing on an old save...

Trastion
Jul 24, 2003
The one and only.

TjyvTompa posted:

You are probably not done with the base building missions. I am pretty sure you get the blueprint for the medium and large refiners from the "scan the base computer" missions.

I don't remember if I did the base computer mission or not because I did a lot of it before NEXT. Currently the only thing I get are Overseer photo op missions every day.

I have all my workers and have done all of their quests. Now they just give me stuff randomly and mostly won't talk to me.

Trastion
Jul 24, 2003
The one and only.

CRAYON posted:

Anyone dived deep into the Frigate system? I like the idea of amassing a huge fleet but would like it more if it pays off big.

Within the last couple pages someone posted a Reddit write up that is really good.

Trastion
Jul 24, 2003
The one and only.

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Is there a goonsensus on the best types of ship weapons for the individual classes? I'm assuming my hauler will handle quite differently than my current fighter, but I'm also starting to look into future weapons upgrades for it, and I'm thinking some instant-hitting type of weapon (like the beam thing) and some guided secondary weapon (large rocket launcher?) sounds kinda reasonable.

Reading up online, I saw that only the fighter class ships have the targeting thing with the leading-reticule, and this lock-on mechanic, but I can't find anything about it ingame.

I use my Hauler as my main ship because of the space it has for cargo. I use the Phase Beam mainly for asteroid mining, the Rocket Launcher & the Photon Cannon for dealing with enemy ships. The rockets don't get lock-on at all but the Photon cannon does. Ship type doesn't matter. I think the Phase Beam will lock on too but it has to be a lot closer to "snap" to it.

I have tried the other weapons and didn't really like them as I can take out anything with the Photon Cannon and Rockets. Instead of getting the other weapons just load up with S Class upgrades to the Cannon & Rockets.

I never die in space combat anymore. Just learn to use the quick menu to fix your shields if you need to.

Trastion
Jul 24, 2003
The one and only.

haveblue posted:

Build more fleet command rooms. Yeah, it's dumb and unintuitive.

I think he means the multiplayer missions not the frigate missions. Unless of course the command rooms somehow increases those too. :nms:

Trastion
Jul 24, 2003
The one and only.

John F Bennett posted:

I knew there was something wrong with the melee boost! It felt different since 1.55.

I thought it was just that I sucked at doing it because I never really use it much.

Trastion
Jul 24, 2003
The one and only.
Remember that when you are using Photo mode to take pictures that you can change where the sun is located to light your dark pictures up more. Even if it is night time you can change it and it will give you some much needed lighting.

Trastion
Jul 24, 2003
The one and only.
There used to be a lot of predators that attacked if you got near but that has changed since NEXT. Now they usually won't attack unless you kill one of them and others are near. If you need predators for a mission watch for the ones that attack other creatures, they will count.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trastion
Jul 24, 2003
The one and only.
They hosed up the transfer items stuff too when transferring from refiners and such. I liked the way you could hit triangle on ps4 to send it to your suit or whatever. Now it is even more work.

There were a few other things I noticed last night but I'm at work now and cannot remember them.

As for the community quest items it told me that I could get them anywhere after I completed it but I logged off after so I don't know if that is true.