Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!
I know the VR implementation is essentially a hack, but they really need to update it. Getting some weird glitching into rocks more often than I care to. I also can't rename any planets/systems in VR mode.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!
Is there anyway to turn off a particular notification? Every time I walk into my base, my game alerts me that it thinks I'm visiting ancient ruins.

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!
Looking over your shoulder in VR and seeing a giant sandworm flying straight at you is some scary poo poo.

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!

Cheap Trick posted:

Is it possible to move a base computer? I put mine down for my first base in a kinda awkward spot, and I've already built up a concrete shack staffed with researchers so I'd rather not have to tear it all down and start again.

Nope.

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!

HoboTech posted:

About the time Origins came out I tried No Man's Sly in VR. While it was fun it was probably the worst optimized VR port I'd ever played and I had to turn some options (like shadows) completely off to stop it from stuttering like crazy. Does anyone know if there's been any improvements in that regard?

For the record, my PC has absolutely no issue playing any other VR game on higher settings.

It had a VR fix update not too long after Origins, which helped with stutter issues. You still can't run it on max settings though.

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!
Maybe it's the dlss support.

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!

Tabletops posted:

I can’t find the dlss option unless it hasn’t been added yet?

Should be under anti-aliasing options.

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!
Still hoping for planets with multiple types of biomes.

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!
Still no word on Frontiers, eh?

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!
So does the town manager thing let you build a village and assign different tasks to people, or is it just a cosmetic-level resource generator like when I send my fleet out?

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!
Haven't played in over a year, I think just before the companions update. Finally jumped back in and got the first distress signal to introduce me to settlements. I show up, and all the villagers are glitched into the ground and can't be interacted with. A couple are floating fifty feet in the air.

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!

Hughmoris posted:

How is the VR aspect of NMS these days? It seems like it would be a great game for VR but I don't really hear anything about it.

They haven't really updated the VR aspect in about a year, so it can be a little glitchy now and then, depending on your specs. It could use an optimization refresh, since there's been a lot of aesthetic updates since. But overall, it's still runs fine and is really the only way I play. It's such a different experience, there's no going back.

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!
I've only ever played it in VR and can't imagine it without it. Always get a sense of wonder landing on a new planet.

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!
i was hoping the VR experience would be a bit more optimized with the update but it seems all the improvements are design changes and it still runs just as bad as ever

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!

Hmmm maybe it's the ship from Event Horizon

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!
finallly i can get brain from an alien

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!
It's all part of the expedition, apparently.

Check out No Man's Sky: Singularity, the game's new expedition. The new No Mans Sky update, Singularity, continues the narrative arc that began in the Interceptor update and will progress throughout this year. In this five-week long expedition, players investigate strange robots that are delivering cryptic clues across the galaxy, following a story tangled in Al corruption. Watch the trailer for a peek at what's coming to the adventure survival game this time around.