Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Devorum
Jul 30, 2005

Okay, so I put the game down last April waiting for the Beyond update. I ended up not playing again until today, and found I cannot continue the main story mission. I had to kill some ships, which I had done before I stopped playing, then return to the Anomaly.

The issue, the Anomaly isn't anywhere. And I can't summon it. I've tried jumping to new systems, reloading my save, teleporting to different stations... nothing works.

I've read that other people have encountered this bug, but haven't seen any way to fix it other than save editing...which isn't an option on PS4.

Does anyone know of a fix for consoles, or should I just start over? I'm seriously considering just getting the PC version and starting over there, but I like playing from my couch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Devorum
Jul 30, 2005

haveblue posted:

You should probably just start over, not only is that quest likely permanent borked but it's probably not the only thing and they've made significant changes to the early-game experience.

Yeah, I went back to my base and now I need power for everything, apparently. Can't even access my storage containers without it. No telling what other changes I haven't found, yet.

I went ahead and started over.

Devorum
Jul 30, 2005

Is there a trick to finding a non-garbage multi-tool for free, or am I just going to have to save 500K Spacebux to get an upgrade? Only having 6 slots in the starter tool is killing me.

I seem to remember some alien giving me a broken one when I was playing last year, but I can't remember exactly.

Devorum
Jul 30, 2005

If I finish the Artemis storyline and reset the simulation, can I go back and finish the Atlas path?

Devorum
Jul 30, 2005

Decided to start a new save and I'm shopping around for a good starting planet (read: low sentinels). After six "ever present" starts, I've ended up on a radioactive planet with "irregular patrols", guess that's what I'm going with.

"Few" resources bothers me, but I'm sure I'll get by.

Devorum
Jul 30, 2005

Au Revoir Shosanna posted:

You can view sentinel activity from orbit which means if that's all you're looking for you can scan pretty much the entire system from your warp in point. Jumping from system to system it shouldn't take too long to find a sentinel free non-radioactive hellhole.

Any planet that doesn't specifically list high sentinel activity should be pretty chill.

I had forgotten that you leave your first planet pretty quick.

Now I'm on a volcanic planet (sent there by the quest) that is rad looking, with few sentinels...but not ideal.

If I just a abandon it for a different planet, can I still do all my quests on the new planet? Do I have to delete the old base?

Devorum
Jul 30, 2005

Solvency posted:

Apparently they have rolling eyeballs on planets now. I can't decide if this is frightening or if I just feel sorry for the creature.

Ahh, the evolution of Eyeball Carl.

https://youtu.be/CQVwxfETig0

Devorum
Jul 30, 2005

So they changed a lot of recipes with this latest update? Or am I just forgetful?

I don't remember needing a quantum computer to put a survey device in my multi-tool.

Devorum
Jul 30, 2005

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

oh wow I was just doing the normal system hopping to get somewhere and stumbled across a system that's already been discovered by someone else.

Feels like a small thing and maybe I'm being daft, but is this common - what are the odds of that even? I know it doesn't mean anything but I genuinely felt a bit breathtaken.

I just started a new save and half the systems around me were half-discovered by two players four years ago.

First time it's happened to me, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Devorum
Jul 30, 2005

Mouko posted:

I've just come back to this game after a couple of years away from it.

It's just overwhelming now. It seems like it'll take tens of hours to achieve anything! :gonk:

I wanted to jump in and see some of the new stuff, like volcanoes, but instead I was running back to my basic ship every 2 minutes because I was running out of toxic protection. It just became frustrating.

Just harvest a few Sodium plants. I gathered like 400 Sodium early and haven't worried since.