Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Douchebag
Oct 21, 2005

How do you dismantle stuff at your base? PS4 controls say to use LT but all that does is bring up the annoying wiring interface.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Douchebag
Oct 21, 2005

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Not sure if it works the same when you don’t have a freighter but you need to completely empty out your ship (of any materials, modules/conponents installed are fine) prior to attempting to claim the ship. The big appear to only trigger if you have poo poo in your ship to transfer to the new one.

I did this, transferred everything to the new damaged ship. But then I realized how much work I had ahead of me to get it operational so I swapped everything back to my starter ship and set up a base computer there with the thought being I could fly back when I needed to do some repairs.

I never went back until after I got a freighter but when I went back to that second base the other ship was gone. I just figured it was a bug, but an hour later, back on my freighter, there it was!

Douchebag
Oct 21, 2005

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

No you misunderstand. Transfer everything to your exosuit. When claiming / adding a new ship there can be nothing to transfer on your ship.

Well, the ship is gone from my freighter now so oh well! I’ve stocked up on enough stuff so I should be able to find a new one and get it operational quickly.

Douchebag
Oct 21, 2005

Anyone having problems with storage containers after the patch? The 5th slot won’t let me take the item, gives me an inventory full message (not even close to full)

Douchebag
Oct 21, 2005

Alamoduh posted:

You don’t need the extra drives, but Multiple versions give adjacency bonuses, according to a definitive reddit guide to maximizing hyperdrive range.

So wait, I have the Hyperdrive, Augmented Vacuum Drive, and the Cadmium, Emeril and Indium drives.

I can ditch the Cadmium and Emeril and still be able to warp to those colored systems?

Douchebag
Oct 21, 2005

Thanks! I wish the game handled upgrades a little simpler, like you have a hyperdrive and you can upgrade it X levels or something.

Douchebag
Oct 21, 2005

Placed a teleported in my freighter but I can only teleport out, not back. Did I miss something?

Douchebag
Oct 21, 2005

Libluini posted:

A bit more details, please. Did your freighter name not show up in the list of viable teleport targets, was your teleporter even on? (I sometimes had this problem of accidentally teleporting to a planet just during the couple minutes of the night where it was off, because my batteries were poo poo.)

Yeah this, sorry. I can teleport anywhere I want from the freighter but it doesn’t show up in the list to teleport back to. I’ve used it to bounce to a few space stations so it wasn’t a power issue.

Douchebag
Oct 21, 2005

a fatguy baldspot posted:

So wait, say you do that with cobalt. You sell all of it at any station, then just buy it back? And just warp around and do that at every station? That seems ridiculously easy

Did this for a few weeks, made around 60M doing it, then decided to learn how to build an activated indium farm and I'm making 25M/hour.

Douchebag
Oct 21, 2005

Fojar38 posted:

Rough is putting it mildly. It was so poorly received at launch that the fact that it's actually quite good now is arguably the greatest redemption arc of this console generation

It was so bad at launch I still go back and watch this video for a quick laugh.

https://youtu.be/-5jWtz3rzco

Douchebag
Oct 21, 2005

Does the Base Computer Archives quest ever end? It’s been sending me to the same system/planet/building for a while now and I’m just getting lovely C class upgrades

Douchebag
Oct 21, 2005

Ghostlight posted:

Yes but no.

You're getting C-class upgrades because you have the base blueprint it would normally award you with, and I think you have to repeat that about a dozen times because that's how many base parts were originally gated behind the quest - once you've worked your way through all the base parts you're supposed to be unlocking it'll transition so that you still have an infinitely repeatable Base Computer Archives quest but all it requires you to do is go to the computer to receive a Salvaged Technology Module.

Ok, so probably because I bought a base blueprint at the Anomaly or something I'm just getting sent to the same place for some upgrades? I read after 10 or so it goes to salvaged tech modules but I'm pretty sure I've done this more than that. I got an S upgrade yesterday so maybe it's almost done with its loop.

Douchebag
Oct 21, 2005

So just made the new galaxy jump and I’m in Budullangr. Trying to find a planet that is mostly chill to build my new base that doesn’t look like a 2 year olds Duplo design from the beginning missions. So far the new graphics are pretty amazing and the storms are much crazier.

My 25k/day activated indium farm is still netting me like $20M so that’s fine for me for now since I’m sitting on 300M and enjoy exploring more than maxing my cash.

Any recommended planets in Budullangr to plop a base on or is it completely random per person?

Douchebag
Oct 21, 2005

How far beyond the initial large room on the freighter can you expand? There are all types of rooms and corridor pieces and stairs available but I've only dropped a few storage unit rooms in my freighter thus far.

Douchebag
Oct 21, 2005

I’d like to see some QoL improvements in a future patch.

Like, if I have the materials to recharge a specific technology or device, just auto loving recharge it please. The mini-game of having to manage all the protection upgrades and life support module and the pulse drive and the hyperdrive and the mining beam and the terrain manipulator gets old after about 15 minutes now.

Or maybe simplify it? You have a protection module that auto adjusts to the environment and you can stack specific upgrades around it to enhance specific environments but you only have to recharge the ACTUAL protection module, not the 15 enhancements.

Also, it looks like I never made any of the Atlas curiosities and I have a Remembrance taking up a tech slot. I assume from the end of the Atlas path. Should I bother with it?

Douchebag
Oct 21, 2005

Do translators stack?

Douchebag
Oct 21, 2005

I’m parked next to the portal for that part of the living ship quest and I think I’m just gonna take whatever I get based on what I’ve read here LOL.

If I do this again I’ll try for something specific maybe.

Is there anything specific about the portal or just activate all the glyphs with the required materials and that’s it?

Douchebag
Oct 21, 2005

Is there a reason to get new multi-tools or is upgrading the starter one by adding slots and upgrading the class an acceptable way to go?

Same with ships. I got a B class Sentinel ship and I guess if I go hunting for an S class I’ll benefit from more tech and cargo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Douchebag
Oct 21, 2005

I’ve just been warping around, doing base mission (which I’m done with, boring), finished Artemis, now heading to the galaxy center which if I remember brings me to another galaxy? Maybe I’ll have better odds of finding better ships and a tool there. It’s a new game for me after not playing for a year or 2, pretty impressed with how much they have added.

What’s portal 666??