Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

And another thing... if global warming is real. How come it's so damn cold?
Ramrod XTreme

Six AM posted:

Heres the faq

The game wont ever be the fantasy you secretly want it to be. Get high, go around and see proc gen planets and animals and plants. Build your base however you want. The nms sky peeps on here seem incredibly weird sometimes because it seems to me like you are clinging to some delusional poo poo that you understand to some degree is delusional but you refuse to let go.

With weed being legal now in Canada come September I'm going to take advantage of free build mode to chill and explore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

Ramrod XTreme

A. Beaverhausen posted:

gently caress the sandworm. The planet in that video looked niiiiice

They seem to have made some major changes to the lighting engine as well.

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

Ramrod XTreme
Someone is streaming NEXT on twitch if anyone wants to see what the game looks like without any final updates.

https://www.twitch.tv/mikeod616

Edit: Dead already. Looked nice anyway.

Hamelekim fucked around with this message at 06:32 on Jul 24, 2018

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

Ramrod XTreme
I want to hurry and upgrade all my stuff so I can chill and go around finding scenery like this to take pictures of.

https://twitter.com/ultrabrilliant/status/1022167567597793280

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

Ramrod XTreme

Libluini posted:

Weird, I tried that and it didn't work. The preview just showed the URL turning into links.

It won't preview for you. It only shows up when you hit submit.

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

Ramrod XTreme
I want to find features this large

https://twitter.com/NoMansSky/status/1022219851899850754

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

Ramrod XTreme

limaCAT posted:

I love the possibility to keep around old ships and the fact you have to repair your scavenged ships to unlock the extra slots, but holy poo poo the costs in materials.

I am not a fan of the fact that now the game just spawns multi tools which cost a couple of millions.

I mean you can get modules that give 5000% profit on discoveries. Pretty easy to visit a couple of planets and have that much money.

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

Ramrod XTreme
This is interesting. Not a sure thing, but at least it's been worked on.

https://twitter.com/RaYRoD_TV/status/1021858661776416768

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

Ramrod XTreme
Found a planet that was incandescent. Really enjoying this game now compared to when I last played it. I think a big part of it is the goals and the better planet generation.

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

Ramrod XTreme
The limit is 50 frigates. Seems like a lot of ships.

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

Ramrod XTreme
https://twitter.com/RolandOberheim/status/1023345653412442114?s=19

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

Ramrod XTreme

Phobeste posted:

this god damned game crashes every god damned hour

Hasn't crashed for me yet since the update. Might be your drivers?

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

Ramrod XTreme
This is kind of cool.

https://twitter.com/NoMansSky/status/1024403769528934401

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

Ramrod XTreme
Finally got my blue engine and the first planet around a blue star had these floating ferrite obilisks.

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

Ramrod XTreme

Twibbit posted:

So The game is getting VR on ps4, hopefully other platforms as well.

Steam VR as well. Good reason to break out my rift this summer.

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

Ramrod XTreme
Sounds like they put a lot of work into the VR.

https://twitter.com/NoMansSky/status/1110314658320125952

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

Ramrod XTreme
The VR inventory interface sounds really good. You can drag and drop from your wrist with holograms to move things around. Sounds way better than the current mouse based system, especially for VR.

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

Ramrod XTreme

HORMELCHILI posted:

Lmao its obvious that guy has never tried VR because while its implementation isnt perfect yet the one thing undeniable about it is how insane it is and everyone whos actually experienced REAL vr would agree it isnt a gimmick. Like theres issues with VR but what that poster keeps bringing up is exactly what people who havent actually tried it say.
That being said i dont have high expectations for this games implementation, especially with only having a psvr. The game can barely run on a ps4 already and they will have to give it a significant fidelity hit to get it non nausea inducing. On top of that the psvr isnt very high res to begin with, but maybe theyll make it work.

I've owned a Vive and now a Rift and yeah, PC VR is the real deal. But things like the cord get in the way and lower resolution. Once those things are gone I could see myself spending a lot of time in a game like NMS exploring things.

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

Ramrod XTreme

chaosapiant posted:

This game is really good and I enjoy the hell out of it, except for when I actually play it. When I actually sit down to play I get bored within minutes and frustrated with myself because I can see fun right there on the screen, I just can't reach it.

It's a slow build up to where it isn't as much of a grind, which is why I prefer free build mode. VR should add a lot to the experience and interaction within the game. At least I hope it does.

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

Ramrod XTreme
For those interested, there is some new 65dos music. New album coming this fall and also new music monthly if you subscribe on bandcamp from various projects they've been doing over the last couple of years.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68NvvJClDKI

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

Ramrod XTreme

The_Doctor posted:

Ideally I’d like a mix of creative mode, but still have the option of danger/sentinels in it.

I want all the recipes and blueprints off the start and I just need to mine for the stuff.

I'm definitely going to be playing in creative mode when I do VR though.

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

Ramrod XTreme

ToastyPotato posted:

Every time I open a storage container and see the arbitrary 5 slots instead of anything symmetrical like 9 or even 12, I feel a little more dead inside. Giant cube container. Game where inventories are clearly arranged in grids. 5 slots in the container...

Yeah, there should be multiple sizes of storage and that largest one should have tons of slots and stacking of thousands of items.

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

Ramrod XTreme

chaosapiant posted:

Wishful thinking wishlist of the Hello Games product No Man's Sky:

1. Black Space sometimes.
2. Ability to capture animals to pen them in and what not.
3. Star systems with actual orbital physics.
4. Better Space Combat for Spacing.
5. Minigames inside stations.
6. Black Space sometimes.

That is all.

I want darker nights and caves. Also ray/pathtracing lighting.

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

Ramrod XTreme

Powershift posted:

the rift s just came out today, but i want to try it first because even Palmer Luckey, the dude who started it, said that he can't even use it comfortable because of it's non-adjustable IPD.

I've got a big ol' head, so i'm a little worried.

People with IPD of 170 have said it was fine for them.

I'm at 64mm so basically the middle of the sweet spot, so I'm not worried about it personally. I'm not sure he even tried the thing, he was just going off the raw numbers and past experience.

Of course they changed my arrival date from today, with tracking number, to Friday now, so I have to wait.

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

Ramrod XTreme

lol, oh yeah, I mean 70mm not 170mm.

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

Ramrod XTreme

haveblue posted:

There is a limit to the distance you can perceive in VR, beyond a certain point there's less parallax than the distance between pixels so there's no depth effect and your eyes focus to infinity. Stations in space will probably be well beyond that point so it might not even look weird.

I think what I'm most looking forward to in VR is landing on a freighter, especially the wide battleship ones. Least, the way your ship spins around on every landing pad :barf:

Your brain expects that sort of movement and accepts it as long as you are sitting down I find. It's why you can fly in a plane in VR and be fine. But start spinning around like that standing and you will get sick.

The sense of scale is really going to make exploration more enjoyable. The size of creatures, plants, planets, and caves will really add to the enjoyment of the game in VR.

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

Ramrod XTreme
That station or whatever it was they flew through seems new. Had a portal in it as well. Maybe it's a new capital ship you can get?

Really hyped for the VR update. I've been wanting it since the game first was announced. Can't believe it's actually happening.

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

Ramrod XTreme
I guess I need to get my rift-s working with steam properly now. It always freezes up on me right away, which is super annoying.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

Ramrod XTreme
I'm OK with stack increase for mined materials. The other stuff you generally just sell off anyway. I end up with 10 slots of carbon or other materials which annoys me. This update removes that problem.

Now I need to figure out why steam vr keeps freezing on me when I use my rift-s. Didn't happen with my rift. Looking forward to enjoying exploration and scale of the planets.