Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman

Cool =0 | Hard +1 | Hot +1 | Sharp -1 | Weird +2
Harm: 3:00 | XP: 2/5 | Barter: 0

I grin, spitting out the extra blood in my mouth. "Good call." I play one last chord as they walk off. But then I see Encina and I realize what's happened - gently caress! I run over to her. "poo poo! Are you okay?" I look at the crowd, and begin yelling. "HEY! ANY OF YOU A DOCTOR OR SOMETHING?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Three Mile

<Puma> I smile, and take the chain. I wind it around my left arm and chest, then pass it backwards; Ki Yin will link it. "Thanks, New York, thought you'd see things our way." I turn to Greeler, and almost ask him if he feels those riffs reverberating in his marrow before I realize what's going on. Instead I just toss him a proud wink, and offer a thumbs up to the smaller ones. At least, I think I know what's going on in the marrow. Can't worry about it know. We'll be fine, we always are. We - and now Greeler and Spite are holding me up. Bad look. I try not to glare too hard at New York, it's not his fault. Regaining my strength, I thank Greeler and Spite, and then tell New York, "Lead on and up. We know what we're walking into, you better than us, now."

<Encina> "No," I say, as I reach for Platinum's face. "There's supposed to be blood pouring out of your ears and eyes, not mine," I manage to grin. "I can barely see. Help me, Platinum," and then I'm coughing blood. Hopefully not on to them. I don't even know where Panda is anymore. "Molar Queen? Bitchhhhhh..."

<Gus> "Fuckin," I spit at them but really, nobody at all. I take their help, Big Saw nearly rips my humerus out. That's Big Saw, though. "Fuckin, some poo poo's going down." I see Yung Chegg's jaw start moving, "Yeah, I know, speaking the obvious. Not like that, though. Don't worry about it." I look around. "Our lady of fuckoff death will be leaving now," I intone again, "Maybe get the Redskulls to work on this? I don't know, their person got fragged." Fritty. "Fritty, you good?" Arms, legs, ribs, jacket, gun, pack. Glasses. I'll be good. "The obvious notwithstanding, of course."

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage

Cool -1 | Hard +3 | Hot -2 | Sharp +1 | Weird +2
Harm: 0:00 | XP: 2/5 | Armor: 2 | Barter: 2

I meet Xiph's gaze, unbending and unwavering. I say, "I am bound for the Gates of Oblivion." My face takes on something akin to a beatific expression as I consider my most holy of missions. "I have been charged by Our Lady of Holy Death to complete a pilgrimage to them and beyond." I gesture at the storm clouds on the horizon, marking the way towards the west. "The trials of the journey have become more than my armor can endure. The cutting winds that flow from beyond seem to treat it as nothing but soft tissue... Unless."

Xiph has my full attention, now, and I lock eyes with him. I say, "I would give much to see my journey furthered... though I am also permitted to speak on your behalf to the Lady Herself." I cannot conceive of a reason why any would take material gifts over such a boon. "Will you aid me?"

quote:

SidekickBOTToday at 7:39 AM
@Santa Muerte (Tricky): 2d6-2 seduce or manipulate Xiph = (1+4)-2 = 3

Attempting to manipulate Xiph into doing the armor job for his spiritual health, as well as getting Santa Muerte out of his hair, but... XP and a hard move. A winning combo!

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Two Percent
Cool+2 | Hard=0 | Hot+1 | Sharp-1 | Weird+1
Harm 0:00 | 0-armor | 0-barter

I laugh silently to myself. Idiots. Sure Rust wants to save his own rear end, but there's no way I could've taken down all those guys. Guess it doesn't matter, got my Rustbucket back, and got, uh, whatever this book is. gently caress Oxskull, they can have it.

I pull my clanking and clattering car out of Oxskull and start driving to the north. I know the Ethejo is sort of northwest of me, and I still want to try to get there if I can, but I'm not a fool who's gonna go driving past fleshcrawlers. I've heard tell there's a more civilized place, relatively speaking, called the Bone Club due north of Oxskull, and that seems like a better idea. Time to hit the road.

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

Is it handsome in here, or is it just me?

The Savvyhead, Xiph

Cool 0 | Hard -1 | Hot -1 | Sharp +2 | Weird +2
Harm: 0:00 | XP: 2/5 | Armor: 0 | Barter: 5

I wonder how often this one is told no. "I've heard much of the Duke, and so seek an audience with him. I have heard, by comparison, precious little of your Lady. I am on a pilgrimage of sorts myself and need a benefactor or, at the very least, a supporter." I beckon back the way I came. "My workshop is, for a time, at the eastern wall. Tell me more of your Lady and I will tell you if the promise of an introduction is worth my work. If it is not, we will discuss other terms. Either way, the work will be done."

I see Tobbs eyeing a body in the rubble, readying a shot. I turn to him. "Tobbs. It is true your debt may be forgotten if you take that shot, but it will be remembered that you owed a debt and it will be remembered how you erased it. My people taught me little, but I learned from them that a crime is never forgotten. Do what you will, but you volunteered to help me. Get into too much trouble and you will have to break your word."

I wonder if my travels have made me too sentimental. For now, I return to my shop and begin.

New project: Create a windproofing technique for armor.

Banana Man
Oct 2, 2015

mm time 2 gargle piss and shit
Platinum and Encina – Boneatorium

One of the Queen’s former soldiers, holding his skull, a cracked monocle chipped into his cheekbone wanders over. “I’m Fixer, I’m a doc,” he grunts as he sets down a heavy satchel. Beads of sweat roll down his skull as he opens it up, grabbing a hand saw and some fibered tapes. “This ain’t bad, ain’t good either.” Grabbing an odd instrument, he hands it to Platinum, “Here hold this, set his here, do this,” a series of commands. Encina, you turn your head and see Panda laying facedown in the dirt and bone, the panda mask laying several feet from her. The place is in chaos as the troops are leaving the area, the concertgoers crawling up out of the Boneatorium, and the swirling red stars above slowly observing the situation. Encina, tell me about a time when things almost worked out with Panda; Platinum, tell me about something you kept for Panda hidden all these years; it’s been written as it’s pretty serious concerning Encina, so the stakes are being raised. Platinum, what do you do?

Puma – Downside of Arc-Royale Temple

Your group works slowly through the passes, New York stopping from time to time to listen; the sound of the chanting has become distant, but New York seems to be listening for something else. Everyone huddles together in moments as New York raises his hand in signal; the paths he’s taken have something else dwelling within, at points everyone hiding behind strange pillars while blinking yellow eyes slither past the voids. The Chant, you remember, originally as a word for safety, kept darker things away from the Lottery, but over time the word grew darker as the world did around it. The Chain too, good in the right hands but easily twisted around the weak and frightened. Finally, after what seems of days of following New York, he comes to a narrow and twisted stair leading up to two rune covered doors in the roof of the cavern, a growing green light coming from the seams around them. The dice eyes of New York whirr slowly in the sockets as he considers this. “They used to be open; we haven’t gone to this side, wind’s been too bad out here.” You can see he has his doubts about the integrity of the stairs. The doors above sag and lift with the pressure of the wind outside, and the cavern is filled with a low echoed howl of it. You can exit this way, but it looks treacherous, and with a large group can be a vulnerable passage. What do you do?

Gus, Santa Muerte, Xiph – Duchy of Ricc

Big Saw and Yung Chegg both stand at Gus’s side, if the Duchy had any blue collar heroes of the town, it’d be these three. All three face Santa Muerte, awaiting an answer to Gus’s statement; none appear eager to go toe to toe if it came to that. Chimes jingles. Fritty stands slowly, putting hands up, Tobbs regards Xiph’s soft words, the crossbow slowly dropping away from Fritty. “Consider your debt clean, favor for not killin’ me,” Fritty grunts to Tobbs. Tobbs makes a hooting sound, dancing in the air, his mismatched leg slightly longer leading to a drunken twirl. Watching, awaiting to see what will happen of this. Couple of questions from me as well, in addition to resolving the current situation: Gus, what was your first memory of the Duchy like? Santa Muerte, what was it like the last time you left the Duchy?

Xiph wanders back to his workshop, narrowly stepping a puddle of hooch (skeletons can’t hold their liquor), working on a set of armor that can carve through the winds.
Create a windproofing technique for armor:
You’re going to have to add a chunk of the massive fin on the hill west of the town to your workplace first.
OR
It’s going to mean exposing yourself (plus colleagues) to serious danger.

Two Percent

Rustbucket roars through the wastes, the sound echoing off of distant rocks and larger broken skulls on the hills, the green light washing over it as it jostles and jumps. The wind in your face and your fabrics flapping in the wind, as (spending 2 hold) you soar through the sky upon the back of the gargantuan Oxen, the bright orange sun warming your skin, each leap shaking the earth as the hoofs shatter the ground. To each side of you other great soldiers in this war ride their own Oxen, villages being stomped out beneath them. A voice crackles in your ear, the wind blowing the hair away from your face. “It won’t be long now, Chief, we got them set up.” A bright red light sears through the sky ahead of you, arcing toward a lone castle upon a hill, the enemy, the e – Rustbucket goes flying off a cliff with your hands on the wheel, jagged rocks sticking out of the sides; ahead of you a valley sits, and in the far distance Bone Club awaits…however right now the approaching ground is a far closer threat, Rustbucket’s wheels barely making contact with the nearly vertical cliff face. What do you do?

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Two Percent
Harm 0:00 | 0-armor | 0-barter | 1/5 XP

I snap back to find Rustbucket careening down the side of the cliff, kicking up bones and bone-detritus whenever a wheel happens to scrape against the ground. Not letting myself panic, I spin the wheel in a futile effort to keep my car pointed forward, and I yank on the handbrake and push as hard as I can on the brake petal, hoping for something, anything to regain control of the car.

It doesn't work, and I have no choice but to let whatever happens, happen.

Sidekick: @Two Percent (quiggy): 2d6+2 Deal with bad terrain (+Cool, +Handling) = (1+2)+2 = 5
Oh for gently caress's sake. Highlight stat, marking XP.

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

The Savvyhead, Xiph

Harm: 0:00 | XP: 2/5 | Armor: 0 | Barter: 5

I find this will be a bit more complicated than I had guessed. Communion has shown me that these are not normal winds, and so normal methods will not suffice. These winds come from a great gaping mouth of the world, looking to eat any who dare. My work is science but my visions are more interpretive: I know not the nature of this maw. But figuring out this puzzle will put me closer to my goal of soaring the skies. Whatever method I devise here, I will apply there as well.

I'll need to move the workshop to the west side, to be closer to the great fin which is crucial to this design. My engine roars to life. I am relieved - I was not sure that it would.

I drive through the eastern gate. I will watch for Tobbs and that woman. I need to know of Tobbs who can secure me an audience with the Duke, and who here might want to purchase my services. As for that woman, I will tell her her payment will be securing the fin for me. Enough for her needs and mine, from the hilltop to the west. I can see her now - her ceremonial shell adorned with my trappings. A symphony of bone and light.. She will look a true terror. It will be magnificent.

Banana Man
Oct 2, 2015

Two Percent

It looks good, looks like you almost got it, the nose threatening to turn wildly as your hands grip the wheel, and then an errant boulder clips the front right wheel and a sickening crunch as it folds under the car, the vehicle doing nearly 2 complete flips as it sickeningly spins through the air and the strange green light in the sky spins. For a moment, you notice a series of strange red lights in the sky, then, it slams down onto the ground hard, the door flinging open as you stumble out. Bruised, but not hurt too bad. Luckily, it landed upright. 2 harm to the vehicle, saying 1 harm blows through cause of the landing. Wheel’s bent pretty bad, could be a problem. What do you do?

Xiph

Noted, awaiting a response from Santa Muerte regarding help for the fin. Tobbs, waves you down, hopping inside the vehicle with you for now. “Golly, what a day!” As you approach the area where Fritty’s Pub used to stand, you notice something strange about the layout of the hold. What about the layout of the hold fills you with a deep unease?

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

I nod, solemnly, at Xiph's invitation. I will take it, yet there remains one matter here still: the Lady's crow. The cawing of such has been... odd, come to think of it. Betraying a lack of understanding of Her principles, yes, and even containing whiffs of darkest blasphemies. I am sure that I must be misunderstanding the signs. Or, perhaps, I have simply misunderstood their role. Were they never a holy crow? Perhaps simply another mendicant in the fields of ivory suffering, turned to Her purpose by a greater power. A matter for another day. As it is, the Duchy of Rigg seems less and less a place of respite on my journey. The Red Skulls and Chime have galvanized my need to travel on, as is Her will.

To Gus, the mayhaps Crow, I say, "When the storm abates, or my armor is strengthened, I shall continue my pilgrimage." Left unsaid is the implicit consequence awaiting those who would attempt to make me do anything different. There are always those seeking the quickest route to Her loving embrace. Who am I to deny their pleas? To Chimes, I add, "Come, Chimes, we shall speak with the weaver of things."

I walk, the skulls in my sash bouncing and chittering in the wind, following the van's path.

Banana Man
Oct 2, 2015

Santa Muerte and Xiph - Fintop Hill, Duchy of Ricc

The path here was dangerous had you gone to either side; the wind has been split by the fin, and howls in the tunnel it forms around you, the van struggling against the path before it. Reaching the top, Chimes looks westward as much as possible around the fin, the rings jingling in his chest, "This is a long wind, longest I've seen. The Lady has truly set this out for you, in all signs."

Tobbs leans out of the van window, looking to the north. "It's the Duke! By Gosh he has finally arrived!" He hoots and waves his crossbow in the air in celebration. You see a figure clad head to toe in bronzed but pitted armor, long black hair whipping in the wind as he leans into it. It appears he is dragging an extremely long chain behind him, with other figures caught up in it, dragging along the ground limply, some rolling as the winds blow past. Xiph regards the fin for some time.

You're all here, and good news, the duke has shown up!

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman

Harm: 3:00 | XP: 2/5 | Armor: 1 | Barter: 0

I do what Fixer says, hoping he can...well, fix this. I look over at Panda. poo poo. "Can you help her too? Encina here has the money for your services." I remember years ago Panda had too much to drink and told her about her son she had, but her family made her give him to the father's family. She's never seen him since, but wants to one day. The next day she begged me to not tell anyone and I agreed. She's on the ground, but maybe it's not too late.

I can hear the chaos even while doing what Fixer says will help. loving Molar Queen. Reynard is already in danger, and now she's pulling this poo poo. I'm going to gently caress her poo poo up.

Since Reynard is no longer in the game, I'm giving Encina (and/or Three Mile) ownership of my leash. Encina, do I think you'd be cool with me going off to fight the Molar Queen?

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Two Percent
Harm: 3:00 | 0-armor | 0-barter | 1/5 XP
Rustbucket: Harm: 6:00 | Speed=0 | Handling=0 | Massive=2 | Off-Road, Loud, Temperamental

gently caress me. Once the Rustbucket has stopped, I throw on the handbrake but leave the engine on as I climb out. Don't want the loving thing to stall out on me. I head on over to the back of the car and check it out. Bent wheel. Sucks, I ain't got the ability to fix that for real, but at least I keep a spare in the trunk. It'll need a real fix once I find civilization but this should help me get there.

I sigh and get to it. Jack up the car, take off the hosed wheel, put on the spare. Stick the hosed wheel in the trunk, close it, climb back in. Engine's still running, praise Lakto I guess. I'm not 100% sure the direction to continue on to Bone Club, although from what I've heard I should be able to see it from some distance anyhow. Hopefully someone there can fix this piece of poo poo.

Banana Man
Oct 2, 2015

Encina + Platinum

Question posed; while we wait for that response, Platinum can you tell me about a time where the Molar Queen wasn't an rear end in a top hat to everyone in the east? Or was it so long ago that no one remembers it?

Two Percent - Bone Club

You're not taking any chances; you go slow, at times the wheel threatening to cave back under. You notice the land changes here; it goes from being a sort of default packed bones and dirt type ground to more of a torn up, dug up dirt sort of ground; the bones that remain are small flecks rather than your typical tibias and fibias laying around in uncountable piles. Over the roar of Rustbucket you hear a much louder rumbling, and a horn blasts at you, a giant dumptruck rattling the ground as it passes, bones spilling off the tops and sides.

"Yer never gonna get a drink driving like that rear end in a top hat!!!" A skeleton yells over the sound, a grease soaked beard splatting against the windows and a truckers cap on backwards, leaning out the window and shaking his fist. On the side of the truck is stamped BONECREW in off green letters, kind of hard to see with the light in the sky. You crest a hill and see the Bone Club ahead, no doubt in your mind. The stink of fermentation reaches you, and you see that same dumptruck dumping the bones into massive vats near the facility, smoke coming out of several silos.

The building itself looks relatively robust, the metal shining on the sides; someone here cares about keeping the place clean. A large spotlight shines up into the sky, everything illuminated showing its shokingly drab colors compared to the green light around. A couple of guards wearing blue suits and hats greet you at the entrance, one with some flesh still on, the other clean bone. The one approaches with a clipboard, reading aloud some criteria for you getting in. "No red hand on face, no chain on waste, this guy's good!" he yells back to the other guard. They direct you to park Rustbucket near a workshop facility with sparks flying from workers. You notice a couple of folks that appear to be fellow Laktans, unlike those that tried to jump you.

"Greetings, wanderer," a calm voice reaches you across the yard. Turning you see an elderly skeleton, bones nearing dust, a long orange cloak dragging in the dirt. "Welcome to Bone Club. Please, have a drink, and enjoy your stay." A pretty friendly place, or so it seems. Interested to see where you go with this; one thing, when you recognize a Follower of Lakto, what jumps out to you? Like if you saw one in the street, you could point at them and go: hey, thats a Laktan. These guys look it, unless you suspect otherwise, and not that I blame you.

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman

Harm: 3:00 | XP: 2/5 | Armor: 1 | Barter: 10

I honestly don't remember if there is such an occasion. Maybe when she didn't have as much power? But probably only because she couldn't afford to be a loving rear end in a top hat.

I look at the doctor. "What would you charge if I asked you to watch over these two and make sure they're all right?" Normally I don't do this but right now I have the money to pay him, get help, and get to the Molar Queen. She's loving dead.

Banana Man
Oct 2, 2015

Platinum - Boneatorium

Fixer looks up from Encina, then over the the dispersing former Queen's army. "Well I'm out of a job, so I'll take (2 barter) if you got it. I'll make sure's good to go and then some for that."

He pauses for a moment, "It would have cost you a Queen's fortune before, but if you're taking the fight to her, consider it a discount."

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman

Harm: 3:00 | XP: 2/5 | Armor: 1 | Barter: 10-3

"Here." I hand him the payment, and to go an member of the audience who is close by.

"I need your help. I need to communicate through the Maelstrom itself, and you can be the conduit. It'll be really loving cool and you'll get a private performance. Also I'll pay you."

Offering a random member of the audience 1 barter to let me use them for Augury

Banana Man
Oct 2, 2015

Platinum - Boneatorium

You come up to Shades, who happens to be one of the most devoted fans of yours. "Shades is your man, man!" He grabs the money and puts on his shades.

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman

Harm: 3:00 | XP: 2/5 | Armor: 1 | Barter: 7

I bring Shades back to my room in the Boneatorium. "Just sit over there," I say as I start playing. Hopefully the distance should be enough so I don't get a repeat of what happened with Encina and Panda. It starts off with low throbbing beats, and then begins to go higher in pitch. I play faster and faster, higher and higher, until I feel it open the world up. More blood comes out of my mouth, but I ignore it.

@Platinum: 2d6+2 Crack Open The World = (1+2)+2 = 5
Me and everyone within reach take 1-harm ap, but I choose 1
You make the noise that the alien brains made when they pushed the button that ended humanity. You can use your audience for augury

I connect with the Maelstrom as it emerges from Shade. "Sante Muerte? I have a request for you."

@Platinum: 2d6+2 Augury = (4+6)+2 = 12
I am reaching through the world's psychic maelstrom to someone connected to it (Sante Muerte)
It reaches deep in the world's psychic maelstrom and is stable and contained with no bleeding

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

A whisper upon the wind. Is it the Lady's voice? Something other? After a moment, the voice of the one known as Platinum becomes clearer. I close my eyes, attempting to focus on the message past the howling gale, and call back, "Platinum. What is it that you require on this day?"

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

The Savvyhead, Xiph

Harm: 0:00 | XP: 3/5 | Armor: 0 | Barter: 5

Tobbs rides with me, probably for as long as I care to have him, and Santa Muerte and I have reached an accord. Together we have reached this beautiful fin. Bone cutting through the very breath of the world. And now for all my searching, here is the Duke at the one time I may not want us to meet.

The Duke cuts an impressive silhouette and I have heard much of his exploits, but nearly all from Tobbs and so I am not quite sure how much of it is accurate. For now, I have examined the fin and gained some insight. Perhaps this new knowledge will help me parlay with the Duke Quad El-Ricc. Or perhaps I will be lucky enough that I no longer need him.

Things Speak = (3+3)+2 = 8
Whenever you handle or examine something interesting, roll+weird. On
a hit, you can ask the MC questions. On a 10+, ask 3. On a 7–9, ask 1:
• Who handled this last before me?
• Who made this?
• What strong emotions have been most recently nearby this?
• What words have been said most recently nearby this?
• What has been done most recently with this, or to this?
• What’s wrong with this, and how might I fix it?

Marking 1 for rolling Weird

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman

Harm: 6:00 | XP: 2+1/5 | Armor: 1 | Barter: 7

I grin. "I am going to gently caress up the Molar Queen's poo poo. Come along with me, I could use your help. We can celebrate afterwards together." She is pretty hot, and I'm sure I've seen her watching me while on stage before.

@Platinum: 2d6+1 Seduce Santa Muerte = (2+1)+1 = 4
Marking XP for rolling Hot

Banana Man
Oct 2, 2015

Platinum/Santa Muerte – Maelstrom mode

Shades is jamming out to the music, then his head starts bobbling and shades go floppin as a high pitched alert blares through your consciousness, and the room trembles. “Oh yeah! This hurts a lot yeahhhhhh” he cheers as his bones start breaking slightly. Your communication to Santa Muerte through the maelstrom is shaped by a metallic grinding sound, a guitar riff reaching your own and matching up with yours, then becoming discordant. Santa Muerte, you almost unmistakably hear someone whisper “The Worm Zone” into your right ear. Just a bit of flavor to the maelstrom, though Platinum did fail the roll.

Xiph – Duchy of Ricc

As you gaze at the fin, memories flood you, most are a jumbled mess. One stands out; the creator of this, a fleshman by the name of Santiago. You see him, some sort of fleshomancer, a legend even among the oldest fleshies alive today, weaving together a large whale like creature; hundreds of skeletons lay in a pile beside the great beast. As the vision pans out, you see hundreds of such creatures… The Duke approaches. What do you do?

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

The Savvyhead, Xiph

Harm: 0:00 | XP: 3+1/5 | Armor: 0 | Barter: 5

I saw a vision of a master craftsman building great beasts of bone. I hope he will not take offense to a bit of re-purposing, but his toys have fallen into disuse and I can make them live again as parts for my designs. For now I am happy to simply integrate the power of bone into my designs, though I wonder if I too could craft beasts of my own. I suppose my airship will be a first step.

Read a Person - The Duke = (2+2)+2 = 6
What does your character intend to do?

Marking 1 for rolling Sharp

I try to get a read on The Duke. I am disappointed, though not surprised, to find that he is more inscrutable than most. I whisper to Tobbs "Get your arm back in the window if you aim to keep it." We may need to leave quickly. I lean my head out the window but do not open the door. Charm does not come naturally to me but I do try, academically. "Hail, Duke Quad El-Ricc! I am Xiph, a sort of scrivener of technology. I have been searching for you in the hope that we may do business together."

I stop, then think better of it. "Please forgive me for not meeting you hand-in-hand, I fear I do not have armor so fine as you to protect me against these winds!" In these winds with only my van to keep me safe and it full of strangers, a thought occurs... While I have been working on weapons for Tobbs and armor for Santa Muerte, I very much should have considered making some of my own.

Banana Man
Oct 2, 2015

Xiph – Duchy of Ricc

Duke Quad El-Ricc stands before you, the wind howling around the hill, his hair flapping madly behind him. The chain that he has dragged behind him is bunched up on the hill, the skels bound up in it not moving. Tobbs seems reserved to see the Duke in this light, glancing at Tobbs you’re sure he’s never seen the Duke like this. “Greetings Xiph,” he says, long looks given between you all, and the fin itself. “I once ripped this off the side of a monster,” he pauses, reminiscing..then turns back to you. “Are you a monster Xiph? A monster like these men behind me?”

Looking over them, you realize you have heard of them; it’s members of the Lottery, or at least appear to be. Rumors abound that they function as an elite hit squad of sorts, depraved and unusual, and have chaotic chants that can harness the winds. These ones now are all dead. “I will work with you Xiph, I could use an outsider like you, a tech man.” It is clear to you from his mannerisms that he intends a reprisal against traitors real or perceived within his hold; it does not sound like you declining to assist him in that endeavor is an option he would consider in a reasonable way. What do you do?

“Golly!” Tobbs gasps.

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

The voice is joined by another, a whisper of a zone of worms and... decay, perhaps. I know not what it means. I do know that Platinum has invoked Her sacraments on this day, a call to shepherd a number of souls to their eternal reward and the paradise of the Lady's embrace. There is only one thing I can say to such a holy request. I say, "Platinum, we shall usher in such a storm of bone and sinew that the Lady herself may grace us with a glimpse of her presence in these fields of perdition."

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman

Harm: 6:00 | XP: 2+1/5 | Armor: 1 | Barter: 7

"Sweet." Something occurs to me. "You got a ride to get to the Tooth Fairy's Castle? I can pitch in for fuel, but otherwise I'll see what I can grab. Where you wanna meet up?"

How much would a car that could bring the both of us to the Castle cost?

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

The Savvyhead, Xiph

Harm: 0:00 | XP: 4/5 | Armor: 0 | Barter: 5

"I am no monster, though you are correct that I am an outsider." I decide to press my luck. I motion for Tobbs to take the driver's seat while I begin hitching the fin to the van. It will be slow going, but I built this thing with power and it can surely make the pull. "I believe we are kindred spirits of a sort, Duke. You are a man of vision and resolve. I, too, have visions." I wonder how many pieces I would break into if the Duke swung that chain around me. "I had to leave my first home to search for answers and questions. Currently I am searching for the means to fly across the miasma. You could help me with that, if you so choose. I have one, just one, tiny errand to attend to and then I will begin polishing those guns on your walls if it so pleases you." I climb into the back and rap twice on the side panel to signal Tobbs to start driving.

If Tobbs gets the hint, and if the Duke lets us leave, and if the chain holds... This should all be no problem.

Assuming I am able to make the return trip, I will offer Santa Muerte and her companion passage back to the west wall. Of course, she will have to leave her armor with me or come along if she wants her request finished in a timely manner.

Banana Man
Oct 2, 2015

Platinum

Around these parts you could surely haggle a fan for 3 barter, but I'm willing to bet Shades would get you a fare bit better. He does have one of the cooler rigs in the land, a baby blue cadillac that is somehow spotless.

Santa Muerte/Xiph - Duchy of Ricc

Tobbs shifts back and forth between looking at Santa Muerte muttering utterances of divine wrath to herself and the strange mood that the Duke is in. After Xiph's motion, Tobbs slams on the gas pedal; he looks dimmer than he seems, but can recognize moments of hurried importance for what they are. "Yeah!" he shouts, slapping the side of the van as the tires roar. The Duke nods at Xiph's reponse..perhaps some reason is still left in there.

Xiph, you notice the gale increasing in furor, as as the chain goes tight and the fin starts to tip, a wobbling shadow on cast on the ground from its size, you notice that a whole lot of wind is gonna come barrelling down to the hold if this thing gets pulled. What do you do?

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

The Savvyhead, Xiph

“Tobbs, hold a moment. If we carry on, the fin will no longer blunt this torrent and wind will pour back the way we came. Yet the Duke spake no protest. If he has no worry for the Duchy, neither do I. Their walls should hold and, if they do not, they deserve to fall.”

I look between Tobbs and Santa Muerte. “To turn a phrase, I say ‘let her rip.’ Objections?”

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

The voice dims, our connection starting to fade, as I say one last closing phrase to Platinum, "I will await you at the Duchy of Ricc and, there, we shall come together and commence our holy work."

Turning, now, to the maker of things, I simply say, "The Lady's grace is nothing to run from. Should the walls crumble, those within will simply be taken to a greater form of existence. If those who reject Her blessings come forth to trouble us, I shall simply have to bestow them by force."

Tricky fucked around with this message at 03:37 on Aug 17, 2018

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

The Savvyhead, Xiph

I grin at Tobbs. “Gun it, Buddy.”

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman

Harm: 6:00 | XP: 2+1/5 | Armor: 1 | Barter: 7-4

"Catch you later then." My fingers slow down, and the connection fades. Soon, it's just me and Shades. I look at his cracked bones. gently caress.

"poo poo man, sorry. Sometimes that happens when you channel something great." I take out some more of the money I got recently. "There's a doc outside attending to some other people, names Fixer. Talk to him if you need help and give him this."

Time to get some wheels and head on over to the Duchy of Ricc.

Giving 1 more barter to Shades and I'll spend the 3 to get a car from someone here

Banana Man
Oct 2, 2015

Xiph/Santa Muerte - Duchy of Ricc

The Duke looks on, a grim look on his face, first from the van and down the hill toward the hold. He glances at Santa Muerte, and nods. "Her judgement will make it easier to sort out the traitors."

Tobbs hollers and the fin breaks free, the van hauling rear end down the hill; the green wind for a moment pauses, a moment of silence that stretches out, and a metallic grinding sound on the edge of your perception makes it way to your ears..then as if a deep breath has been taken, the wind funnels the debris kicked up by the van into a massive bony fist, green in the eerie light, that rockets down the hill. It roars over the van, Tobbs leaning out with his mouth hanging open and with a sickening tearing sound cleaves through the hold, sending shreds of the buildings in the town far out into the night sky; the damage is catastrophic, the hold effectively obliterated.

Some of the walls remain standing; the far eastern wall appears to have done much better. The large drum above the town, while fallen, still appears to be intact. The winds now pick up again upon the hill, it will soon not be easy to remain here. Surely the remaining structures below offer some remnants of safety. The Duke starts making his way slowly down the hill, dragging his chain of bodies behind him. What do you do?

Platinum

I'll let you make the vehicle using the "if you want to start with a vehicle" rules for detailing the vehicle you borrowed, but I gotta know which fan you bought the car from; I'm wanting the vehicle to be fast to get you out there quicker (as I'm sure you'd be looking for something similar) Shades gives a thumbs up, and limps out of the Boneatorium to Fixer; Fixer appears to be doing some damned good work on the folks here.

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

The Savvyhead, Xiph

Harm: 0:00 | XP: 4/5 | Armor: 0 | Barter: 5-1

We drive through what remains. This hold which was once teeming with activity now looks more akin to a carcass in my eyes. But if the bones are yet strong, it can be rebuilt. We will pick this carrion clean to make way for new strength.

We park on the far side of the eastern wall. Between the fall of the west wall and the damage to the east, many of the Duke's toys have come loose. I give Tobbs some jingle ("Keep the change, partner") to get a bit of help dragging over three of the Duke's cannons and as many of the dragon bones that once adorned the walls as we can tow.

Whatever lurks in the sickly green will not long dally. I set to work on wind-proofing Santa Muerte's armor per our arrangement. My introduction to her Lady will have to wait, but I will honor our deal all the same. When the job is done and Tobbs has brought back what I asked, I will invite him to ride north with me to Heartdew Hold. I have business contacts there from my time with Mama Bear, and if she and Good Buddy happen to ride through as well - all the better.

It will be good too to be close to what remains of the Duchy should the Duke come calling. I will yet work with him, but my workshop will not be safe behind these broken walls. His hold fallen, I will customize one of his guns so that he can use it free-standing. With his strength and my tinkering, he will be more the terror to these traitors of his. Even with the size reduced, I suspect he will look ridiculous up until the moment he opens fire. I will quietly keep the other two cannons for myself.

I will have collected two of the Duke's guns, a clutch of dragon bones, and a working wind-proofing technique. Much work remains but I am getting closer and closer to riding the sky.

1 barter spent to Tobbs
New Project: Convert the Duke's cannon to a shoulder mounted model with bandoleer

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman

Harm: 6:00 | XP: 2+1/5 | Armor: 1 | Barter: 3

I reach to take the key from the hand of Justin Ormal Guy. "Thanks for the kicks rear end ride dude! You won't regret it! I'll keep spare fuel like you said, and no one is gonna loving KNOW what's coming!" I high five his oddly hard hand and march out.

Vehicles posted:

Stats: speed=2, handling=0, 0-armor, and massive=2

Frame:Coupe (massive=2, 2 battle options)

Strengths:(choose 1 or 2): Fast, off-road,.

Looks:(choose 1 or 2): Sleek, pretty.

Weakness:(choose 1 or 2):guzzler

Battle options (choose according to frame): +1speed, +1speed

Off I got, packing everything I need into the BONESTORM. "See ya guys and gals and whatnot later, gonna be a hell of an after party!" I laugh, take a shot of...something, who knows what the gently caress it was anyway, and peel out of the Bonetorium. My destination - The Duchy of Ricc. Wonder if we'll have time before the attack to celebrate with a gently caress. Maybe after too. During might be a bit much, but you never know what could happen.

Heliotrope fucked around with this message at 13:45 on Aug 18, 2018

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

I look on as Xiph adorns my ceremonial armor with material taken from the great fin itself, the glorious salvation of the hold still echoing in my mind. I do not know the arcane knowledge that backs his workings, but I have no doubt that I will soon be able to cleave through the wind as effortlessly as I gift the Lady's grace to those who require it. It will make the journey to come that much easier, though I know that the Lady's path will surely bring new challenges to come.

Banana Man
Oct 2, 2015

Platinum – Ruins of Ricc

The progress westward was dangerous, yet you made it; the stories you had heard about the Duchy of Ricc seemed off, mostly since they implied a standing and functioning fort and walls. All that remains are the westernmost walls (and of course Santa Muerte and Xiph each poking around the ruins). The wind howls through this place, and it seems dangerous to remain in any specific point inside for long.

Imminent end of First Session update

Xiph, I’m going to go ahead and say you got everything you need as the hold currently stands to make the cannon for the Duke. The rest of your projects work toward completion as appropriate from your post; you have earned a loyal friend in Tobbs.

Santa Muerte, you again hear whispers to the west, your divine quest once again beckoning; was the Lady’s Will realized here to call you again? Was the Duchy a false crow, slowing you down?

Two Percent, lemme know how you’re holding up if you could.

Further from this point, if you all want to post a montage of things you’d like to get done between first session and 2nd, I’m game for that to get the ball rolling with where everything starts in the 2nd. Further, if you could do the highlighted stat changes, and the Hx changes as appropriate. Also, if you think of something else you’d like to point out I’m all ears. I’ll work on a full on threat map based on stuff the players have been working on 😊

Banana Man fucked around with this message at 00:20 on Aug 19, 2018

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

I reset Platinum's Hx to +1 through the EoS bump, so I'm up to 3/5 xp.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Banana Man
Oct 2, 2015

Start of Second Session

This cell pic will have to do for the moment; map has updated; anything not on it has more or less been washed away by the creepy green wind; with the Molar Queen’s Army dispersed and the Duchy of Ricc crushed, there has been a massive power vacuum. The Lottery, once known for intense mercenary hit squads now are a bunch of independent groups; the Death Race has collapsed, and now the patrons of it have formed their own riding gangs that terrorize the Bronze Alley and neighboring areas; finally, a fleet of psychedelic spaceships appeared in the sky from elsewhere, only to be driven brutally to the ground by the wind north of the Ruins of Ricc.

Platinum, Santa Muerte, and Xiph, tell me 1 rumor about what you’ve heard in passing; give me an idea of where you’re wanting to go with the start of session so we get it angled in that direction, and lastly give me a montage of stuff that you did in the interim as short or as long as you’d like.

• Locked thread