Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

StormDrain posted:

That's the fairly raw piece. It fit so poorly it was hard to plan the next moves.

All primered up! Really ugly seam here, but it lines up nicely. Yeah, there's going to be some body filler. Good enough for a farm truck.

I'm at that tipping point now. This side needs some help but not a ton, so I'm going to move onto the driver's side next weekend or a weekday night. I've got that confidence like, yeah it's not great and I'm slow but also it's a lot better than the floor pan work I did. After I weld these few pieces in I'll be hanging it up for a while, but I'd be ready to try more.

That turned out really good. Pretty impressive taking cab corners from another truck that aren't even close and making them work. I've never had the patience for body work but a few of the projects I've been thinking about may require it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

That white looks really good on the bed and bumper. What's the color plan for the cab?

There's a fairly nice looking 1967 1100 near me I'm half tempted to go look at.

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

That is a really good orange and it turned out great, will look really nice with the white bed and boxes.

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

:drat: That looks great, you're making a ton of progress on this thing

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

I have several sets of the HF furniture (wood as pictured) and vehicle (metal) dollies. The casters are junk but they do work pretty well for the price. Anything over 3000lb I would definitely go with the metal ones, 2500+ is pushing it on the wood ones. Biggest issue is getting the wheels to point the direction you want to be rolling, I use a big pipe wrench to pre-rotate them when pushing heavier cars.