Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.

Hawkins: I've got it! I've got it! The pellet with the poison's in the vessel with the pestle; the chalice from the palace has the brew that is true! Right?
Griselda: Right. But there's been a change: they broke the chalice from the palace!
Hawkins: They broke the chalice from the palace?
Griselda: And replaced it with a flagon.
Hawkins: A flagon...?
Griselda: With the figure of a dragon.
Hawkins: Flagon with a dragon.
Griselda: Right.
Hawkins: But did you put the pellet with the poison in the vessel with the pestle?
Griselda: No! The pellet with the poison's in the flagon with the dragon! The vessel with the pestle has the brew that is true!
Hawkins: The pellet with the poison's in the flagon with the dragon; the vessel with the pestle has the brew that is true.
Griselda: Just remember that.
- The Court Jester, 1955

Hello, and welcome to Winefia - A Chalice Full of Poison, a Mafia setup designed for between 16-24 people, preferably 19-23. It’s the spiritual heir to two games from other sites I played on back in the day, and I’ve had it in the works for a while now. I don’t want to say too much about it, but this game is designed to stoke paranoia and mistrust, and is absolutely not a vanilla-heavy mafia game. It will begin soon after Nat 20's Yu-Gi-Oh Mafia ends.

Podima has given it a once over, and the incomparable Bifauxnen has looked at this setup once and laughed at it. Any anger you may feel about the game should be directed their way, not because they deserve it, but because I'm the one writing this post. You’ll want to read the game notes, lurker mechanics, day length, and lynches sections below. Oh, and please don’t sign up just to lurk.

Game Specific Notes:
  1. There are killing roles.
  2. There are no cults, or cult-likes.
  3. There are no viruses.
  4. There are no jesters, or jester-likes.
  5. This is not a bastard game.
  6. There are no sanity mechanics.
  7. This is not a no-flip game.
  8. Roleblocks will block people’s entire roles, including any passive effects.
  9. You will want to read your win condition carefully.
  10. Use common sense: don’t post after seeming day actions, don’t fake said day actions, don't edit your posts, don’t post your role PM or direct mod communication, don’t talk about the game outside this thread (and any game-specific channels) to people, don’t post in-thread after your death, don’t post anything game-related after hammer and before game closure, please don't be overly mean to other people, drunkposting is fun but probably a bad idea, no codes, the mod has absolute authority to modkill you at any point or otherwise take corrective measures, etc. If you follow normal mafia etiquette, you'll be good!
  11. Feel free to PM me if you have questions! Pre-game, in-game, whatever: if you're confused about something or believe something was done in error, I really hope you bring it to my attention.
Lurker Mechanics:
You must have 3 posts • the number of out-of-game days at the end of any given day. This is waived for D1, though the days do tick up during D1. (So: 15 posts by EOD2, 21 by EOD3, 27 by EOD4, etc).

If you ever fail to fulfill this condition, you are freely lynchable by majority vote (as tabulated by hand). If you do manage to get back on track after becoming freely lynchable, and are not, well, lynched, you will no longer be freely lynchable. This is done by appending “##Lurkvote [x]” to any post: if the majority of players do that and you don’t get back on track by then...well, don’t lurk.This will not end the day, and you will be considered dead as soon as (if) a majority is reached, so if you want to get back on track, convince people before they lurkvote you!

If a player who was previously posting gives the mod a good reason for why they aren’t posting, this will all be waived for them. (Some examples: “Being scum” is not a good reason. “Busy with work” is. “Being Australian” is a maybe, depending on if the thread turbo lynches.) The goal here is to make sure only the laziest of players ever fall victim.

Day Length:
All day phases besides D1 are ~48 hours in length, ending at 10:00 PM Eastern.
D1 is ~72 hours in length.
All night phases are ~24 hours in length, unless all actions are in and tabulated beforehand, in which case day will start whenever the mod wakes up and posts daystart. If you need an extension for whatever reason, please PM the mod. (Or DM her on discord!)

Lynches:
Lynches occur by majority vote. So do any “free lynches” stemming from lurker mechanics, though the latter type will not end the day.

Jen X fucked around with this message at 18:01 on Aug 8, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.

Game Events
Day 1 Start
Day 2 Start
Hal Wins and Leaves!
Day 4 Start
Day 5 Start
Day 6 Start
Day 7 Start
Day 8 Start
Endgame Start
Player List:
  1. Anomalous Amalgam, Crusader
  2. Atomic Soda, Pack Leader (was AnonymousNarcotics)
  3. Asphyxious, Wolfwere
  4. b-minus1, ??? ???
  5. chaoslord, Shadowskin
  6. Dancer, Alien Grunt
  7. Dick Bastardly, Amoeboid Killer
  8. garthoneeye, Seer
  9. Hal Incandenza, Sun Lyncher
  10. Jeabus Mahogany, Cop
  11. Kashuno, Madman
  12. King Burgundy, Patriot
  13. Max, False Martyr
  14. Monathin, Scout
  15. Mr. Humalong, Alien Mother
  16. Natural 20, Pilot
  17. Nep-Nep, Forester
  18. SalTheBard, Traitor (by way of Amalgamate Devourer)
  19. SHALASHASKA HAWKE, Traitor
  20. Slamburger, Man In Black
  21. SolusLunes, Researcher
  22. soscannonballs, Drone
  23. TMMadman, Crooked Sleuth
  24. yuming, Lonely Doctor

Replacements:
  1. No one?
Observers
  1. Podima
  2. Bifauxnen
  3. IllegallySober
  4. IcePhoenix

Jen X fucked around with this message at 04:22 on Aug 27, 2018

Max
Nov 30, 2002

I will join this game.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

Observer list please!

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I will join and will work with Max regardless of our alignments

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Hal Incandenza posted:

I will join and will work with Max regardless of our alignments

I promise not to pursue you for at least 2 days.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

IllegallySober posted:

Observer list please!

Slamburger
Jun 27, 2008

I'll play

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
I'd like to play!

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

I’d like to play, gonna try this new meta where I post incessantly

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

I call it Flying Beet Style

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

I’ll play

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

I'm trying to explain that I'm a person who wishes to live a very quiet life.
I’ll play!

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Posting (and playing) in a speedfriend mafia thread.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Also someone hold me to this, this is my last Mafia game before I actually work on my own loving setup.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

I would like to play and post tons.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Monathin posted:

Also someone hold me to this, this is my last Mafia game before I actually work on my own loving setup.

I will hold you to this.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Beetphyxious posted:

I would like to play and post tons.

The Phyxious brothers back in the saddle yeehaw

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Asphyxious posted:

The Phyxious brothers back in the saddle yeehaw

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

I will observe and continue to laugh

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Bifauxnen posted:

I will observe and continue to laugh

Look! The queen is afraid to fight!

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Oh no.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Hi Max!

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Hey I got killed off in one of my games! Even better!

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Hmmm, I dunno about this game anymore.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

rude

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Gaspy's fine

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

No child soldier in poverty by 1990

Max posted:

hEY SIri how do I repalce before game even started?

HEy Siri are you girl goon??

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I can't play atm, but I will watch this game and mock others.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Max posted:

Uh did I do something to upset you in another game? Or do you just really hate

Seagull posted:

I choose to believe Asphyxious is just really dumb.

G-Spot Run posted:

did you also hate it when gaspy said the same thing with more words?

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

I will be only observing, for sure, since I am spoiled on the setup. So we won't have the full Warring Triad in action, at least :cheeky:

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
I can't wait to drink the poison and die

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
All of y’all who are signing up as observers that aren’t spoiled on the setup: you should really play! This game is one of the more interesting setups I’ve seen in a while, and you’d be doing yourself a disservice if you didn’t experience it as a player.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.

Podima posted:

All of y’all who are signing up as observers that aren’t spoiled on the setup: you should really play! This game is one of the more interesting setups I’ve seen in a while, and you’d be doing yourself a disservice if you didn’t experience it as a player.

The last time I did that I signed up for black box.

WHICH IS STILL GOING.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Beetphyxious posted:

I will hold you to this.

Thank you Beet, you're a very good person.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
Is there space

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

Kashuno posted:

Is there space

I'm going to assume you're joining

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

Its been a few years since the last time I have played, but I have been reading the Yugioh game and I got the itch to play so I would like to sign up.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.
Oh loving fine.

But I'm playing drunk.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Natural 20 posted:

Oh loving fine.

But I'm playing drunk.

Is there any other way?

• Locked thread