Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Slamburger
Jun 27, 2008

Asphyxious your posts are pinging me, are you an ILLEGAL ALIEN?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slamburger
Jun 27, 2008

This is a sanctuary thread, we won't deport you if you come clean.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

I'm trying to explain that I'm a person who wishes to live a very quiet life.

Slamburger posted:

Asphyxious your posts are pinging me, are you an ILLEGAL ALIEN?

Nope! In fact I have some news both good and bad but I’m going to wait a smidge before revealing too much more. In investigates a couple of people last night and now have some interesting information about this game.

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

No child soldier in poverty by 1990

Asphyxious posted:

now have some interesting information about this game.

its bad

job done wveryone let’s go HOME

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
I can’t believe anyone is voting nat20 for using his day vig

##vote anarc

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

No child soldier in poverty by 1990
one million men salute me as I headshot them in turn, inspired by #killallmem and my own personal am itions

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.
Also i'm brutally hungover so ngl not doing anything that requires thinking today.

Slamburger
Jun 27, 2008

Natural 20 posted:

Also i'm brutally hungover so ngl not doing anything that requires thinking today.

Insert obvious joke about your posting here.

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

I have more of a problem with Nat20 ending the day so early that using the vig.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Jeabus Mahogany posted:

Gee, thanks for killing the town vig, Nat

At least we know Aliens are definitely a thing now

...and the one most likely to bus fellow aliens is dead. Great

##vote jeabus

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

SHALASHASKA HAWKE posted:

daybig isntc indicative of ALIGNMENT and anyone basing a vote on it is scum

:agreed:

Kashuno posted:

I can’t believe anyone is voting nat20 for using his day vig

##vote anarc

:agreed:

Jeabus Mahogany
Feb 13, 2011

I'm mad because of a thorn in my impenetrable hide
##vote SHALASHASKA HAWKE

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
I think the vig was scummy, it ended the day, he didn’t give a reason, still hasn’t given a reason.

Hiding behind “lol so random” is scummy.

If scum had that kind of power (seems plausible based on the flips so far) that is one of their best uses behind saving it until endgame which is a risk that that player would make it that far.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

King Burgundy posted:

Naw.

My vote on Mystery Player is real now.
Also worth noting that KB was killed after expressing suspicion against SHALASHASKA.

Nat20 why did you kill him?

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Well, this has been an interesting opening to the game.

I'm not sure why Nat20 decided to use a vig that ends the day to kill KB really early on D1 and I think he needs to answer that question. The vig itself is pretty alignment neutral, but I really don't like that Nat20 ended the day so early, even if it was D1, because it limits information. It's just bad form. Plus KB is generally a strong player (for both town and scum), so killing him early doesn't make much sense unless you can be sure he's scum.

For example, Dancer said he'd only be able to phone post until the 10th but would post more after it. The original D1 deadline was the 12th which would have given Dancer a couple of days of posting that we might have been able to look through for connections to his scum buddies. Now we just have a dead scum who only has 3 posts and no way to link him to other people.

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

Jeabus Mahogany posted:

##vote SHALASHASKA HAWKE

Why are you voting Hawke?

Jeabus Mahogany
Feb 13, 2011

garthoneeye posted:

Why are you voting Hawke?

Because he's scum. King Burgundy died for thinking the same thing.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Jeabus Mahogany posted:

Because he's scum. King Burgundy died for thinking the same thing.

But birb didn't kill KB, Nat20 did.

Are you saying that you think Nat20 and Birb are in a scum chat together and because KB said he thought birb was scum, birb panicked and told Nat20 to use a day ending vig on KB this early in the game?

Jeabus Mahogany
Feb 13, 2011

I'm saying Hawke is scum.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
But how did KB die for thinking the same thing?

Nat20 killed KB and birb, as far as I know, had nothing to do with it.

It's just an odd statement to make that you think hawke is scum because KB died for thinking the same thing.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
There’s the Dancer interaction I linked earlier.

I think it’s weak possible and I’m suspicious of SHASHA myself.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
Not trying to defend nat20 but dayvigs in his games don’t end the day. He still needs to explain himself however.

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

Jeabus Mahogany posted:

I'm saying Hawke is scum.

I actually am not getting scum vibes from Hawke. He took an early, emphatic stance on my claim and engaged with other posters as to his reasoning. Of the people who responded to my claim, I think the person who looks the worst is Hal. He didn't give an opinion about whether he believed my claim (compare to Hawke, Yuming, and KB responses), and he didn't push me for more information like Nep-Nep did. I think if Natural 20 is scum, then him using the vig on KB was just a red herring.

Using a dayvig to end D1 so early when there was actual stuff to talk about is super scummy though. It removed the ability for the town to resolve the miller thing on D1 where it would do the least damage to town (losing a 1 shot vig), while also making it easy to push suspicion on Hawke.

##vote Natural 20

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Yeah my problem is not so much that Nat20 used his vig on KB as it is that Nat20 used his vig 10 hours into a day that was supposed to last 72 hours.

Him dodging by claiming a hangover is also a little suspect but it’s not like he could possibly call in another drone strike for the second day in a row, right? Day 2 might actually last more than 12 hours.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

I can’t tell time day 2 has already been going for over 12 hours.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

yuming posted:

I think the vig was scummy, it ended the day, he didn’t give a reason, still hasn’t given a reason.

Hiding behind “lol so random” is scummy.

If scum had that kind of power (seems plausible based on the flips so far) that is one of their best uses behind saving it until endgame which is a risk that that player would make it that far.

That it ends the day is a pretty big deal. Suppose Nat 20 is scum and that's what he did. That vig is basically a good chance to cut off the discussion and potentially buy time for whoever is most likely to be executed.

There are lots of creative ways a scum Nat 20 could have used that. This is worth questioning but it feels to me like Nat 20 is scum he wasted a lot of potential just for fun here.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

There's also the fact that you have to ask whether Nat20 would risk what is an obvious move that would draw heat on him so early if he's scum and not save it for later. If you're gonna call Nat20 scum for what he did, you should ask what scum actually gains from Nat20 doing that and putting himself under the microscope by using a day-ending power.

Which is why I'm really not liking the people who have felt comfortable enough dropping a vote on him so quickly.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Nat20 hasn't revealed anything about his ability. It could be one-shot, it could not be, that uncertainty and ability to end the day is just as dangerous to scum (whose plans could blow up if they don't know when the day would end) as people claim it is to stifling town discussion.

Put simply, Nat20 could be considered just as dangerous to scum if he's town as he could be to town if he's scum, and that means scum will want to find an angle (see: stifling discussion by ending the day early = scummy) and push that as hard as possible to remove a potential threat they don't know the full details of.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
Im a survivor miller, i have no alignment till i kill someone and assume their role and alignment. If you guys let me live, i'll let you.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
PM does not say what alignment or faction i'll investigate as... all it says is that i'll investigate as "guilty"

I sincerely apollogize if this post breaks the no quoting PM rule.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

That was about as scummy as a D1 day vig gets, to be honest.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Dick Bastardly posted:

Im a survivor miller, i have no alignment till i kill someone and assume their role and alignment. If you guys let me live, i'll let you.

Ha I like this role if it is real.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

Dick Bastardly posted:

Or did you kill Dancer

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

I actually don't see the vig as scummy at all because it moved us out of meta-casing day 1 phase and gave us plenty of poo poo to talk about when a lot of day 1 is garbage speculation and meta casing anyway. I in fact salute Nat20 for ending the menace of day 1 idiocy, because now we have someone we can talk about (people reacting to Nat20) as something to investigate.

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

Nat20's move was scummy as hell but I'm assuming his ability was one-shot (god i hope it was) so at least there's no chance of him taking down more townies like that. Yeah i mean, as a scum ability, it would make sense to get to use it on a townie early in the game and then be like "oops I just picked randomly soz guys"

##vote nat20

Also if we're gonna call people out like I am this vote on Nat20 is suspicious as hell. It's got a psuedo-rolefish in hoping it was a oneshot, and basically boils down to "nat20 shot a townie, let's get him!"

##vote anarc

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Hal is also already pinging my suspicious because he seems to be flirting around discussions but never taking the lead, which is a classic scumbo move if I've ever seen it.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

Hal Incandenza posted:

That was about as scummy as a D1 day vig gets, to be honest.
i k r

Scum love easy bullshit that you can talk in circles about, and that's exactly what this comes across.

Not getting any opinions about it makes it even worse.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

yuming posted:

Not getting any opinions about it makes it even worse.
That is, not getting any opinions about his target before making the shot.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Nep-Nep posted:

Or did you kill Dancer

I did not.

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

Monathin posted:

I actually don't see the vig as scummy at all because it moved us out of meta-casing day 1 phase and gave us plenty of poo poo to talk about when a lot of day 1 is garbage speculation and meta casing anyway. I in fact salute Nat20 for ending the menace of day 1 idiocy, because now we have someone we can talk about (people reacting to Nat20) as something to investigate.

Also if we're gonna call people out like I am this vote on Nat20 is suspicious as hell. It's got a psuedo-rolefish in hoping it was a oneshot, and basically boils down to "nat20 shot a townie, let's get him!"

##vote anarc

I don't like your wifom defense of Nat 20's actions, and you are completely ignoring that the discussion happening when the day ended didn't have anything to do with meta-casing or other day 1 idiocy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

soscannonballs posted:

I don't like your wifom defense of Nat 20's actions, and you are completely ignoring that the discussion happening when the day ended didn't have anything to do with meta-casing or other day 1 idiocy.

It's not wifomy to ask "what does scum gain out of doing what Nat20 did, when a day ending action would obviously draw heat, something scum hate?"

It's a basic thought process you should go through when trying to think about who is scum.

• Locked thread