Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I'll take a spot if there is one left.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Tell that other game to hurry the hell up!

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

GeneX posted:

There's a smash nintendo direct, then I'm going back to sleep, then I'll start sending out roles and start the day tomorrow morning.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

GeneX posted:

The reason I'm starting tomorrow afternoon instead of tonight is so that the deadline is on Sunday, not Saturday.

Stop yer whining! :nono:

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
##vote KB

I saw the end of the game we were waiting to finish.

He's scum!

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

King Burgundy posted:

Thankfully, I get a break from that.

That's not how it works. You're scum until you die!

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

:haw:

I may not be posting much these first couple of days because of the above.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Max posted:

##vote tmm

HOW DARE YOU VOTE ME!

##vote Max

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Whelp, yuming is scum.

She used the second scummiest smilie.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

SHALASHASKA HAWKE posted:

you posted the scummiest one earlier

I agree we should kill yuming tho

the only smilie I've posted is :haw:

And that's not scummy.

The scummiest smilie is (and I'm only posting this for clarity) is :shrug:

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Max posted:

See he posted it, scum.

I'm just waiting for Kash to use it.

Then I'm voting him for it!

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Mr. Humalong posted:

I think they meant that photo of your teeth.

I just started the process that will end with me having an implant supported denture on my top arch.

It started with getting 5 teeth pulled and getting socket grafts in them. Now I have to wait ~2 months and then I'll get full bone graft because I have a skinny bone plus infections over the years. Then I'll have to let the bone graft heal for ~6 months or so before I can get the implants and a temporary denture. Then it's 6 more months for the implants to heal until I can get the permanent denture.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Mr. Humalong posted:

I've been to a county fair, but I can't imagine how small your state has to be to have state fairs.

What?

County fairs are smaller than state fairs.

The Illinois State Fair just started down in Springfield.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Mr. Humalong posted:

Maybe, but I'm not driving across Texas to go to mine. I think it's in Dallas which is Southern Oklahoma, anyway.

Yes, a quick search does indicate the state fair of Texas is in Dallas. It starts Sept 28 and lasts for almost a full month.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Well, this has been an interesting opening to the game.

I'm not sure why Nat20 decided to use a vig that ends the day to kill KB really early on D1 and I think he needs to answer that question. The vig itself is pretty alignment neutral, but I really don't like that Nat20 ended the day so early, even if it was D1, because it limits information. It's just bad form. Plus KB is generally a strong player (for both town and scum), so killing him early doesn't make much sense unless you can be sure he's scum.

For example, Dancer said he'd only be able to phone post until the 10th but would post more after it. The original D1 deadline was the 12th which would have given Dancer a couple of days of posting that we might have been able to look through for connections to his scum buddies. Now we just have a dead scum who only has 3 posts and no way to link him to other people.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Jeabus Mahogany posted:

Because he's scum. King Burgundy died for thinking the same thing.

But birb didn't kill KB, Nat20 did.

Are you saying that you think Nat20 and Birb are in a scum chat together and because KB said he thought birb was scum, birb panicked and told Nat20 to use a day ending vig on KB this early in the game?

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
But how did KB die for thinking the same thing?

Nat20 killed KB and birb, as far as I know, had nothing to do with it.

It's just an odd statement to make that you think hawke is scum because KB died for thinking the same thing.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Natural 20 posted:

TMM I'm a little on edge about, they didn't throw a vote my way, but I *Think* they're familiar enough with me to know why I'd pull a move like this so this shade here:

Although a large amount is a question of target, claiming bad form on eliminating D1 is probably inconsistent with the impression of me they should have.

Why would I be familiar enough with you to know why you'd pull a move like this when we've never been in the same game before?

And the only game I've kind of seen you play is the Shine game when you were in the other thread.

As I said, I don't really care about the vig so much as I care about you ending D1 so early. I actively hate that because you can make connections on D1 and figure things out later in the game. I mean there were people that hadn't even checked into the game when you decided to pull your stunt.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Asphyxious posted:

Pretty much this.

##vote dick bastardly

Also, this is a scummy rear end vote.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Slamburger posted:

I see no reason to let DB live. Even if he's being totally truthful, he either kills a townie and we get ... a miller we can't trust. Or he kills a scum and we get another scum.

Then there's the chance thats its some kind of gambit, or he's leaving some key detail out.

Although this post just before it is kind of worse, especially since Slamburger was voting Jeabus and didn't move his vote with this post, so it feels like someone trying to put it out there and see if people jump on it before he moves that direction.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
And actually, looking over the thread a bit more, I think I'll go ahead and ##vote Slamburger

His vote for Jeabus is because Jeabus made an admittedly scummy first post on D2, but then he makes this post about how he doesn't think DB should live but doesn't follow it up with a vote.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Kashuno posted:

The key is don’t think much. Anarc is probably scum jumping on yumings bad logic but then urthering it poorly

I feel like this is just bad town ANarc. Granted it's been a while, but I always thought that scum ANarc was more tentative with her votes.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Also, the thing that is bothering me about people going after DB is that they seem to be doing it because his role has a killing component, but it seems like they aren't considering that Nat20 had at killing role, KB also had a killing role and we had 2 kills during the night but we don't know if it was from 2 scum different scum teams.

So it seems like the people who want to kill DB should be saying they think that DB killed Dancer and now he's an Alien, but instead they are just saying they don't believe his actual claim.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
So right now we have the following:

Deaths:
KB (Fanatic town) - Wins when all non town have to be dead. Odd night vig
Dancer (Usurper Alien) - Wins when Aliens control the vote and Alien mother is dead. Flavorcop with a Roleblock after two investigations plus Factional Kill
Max (False Martyr) - Wins when all threats to town have been eliminated. Essentially a commuter who can leave the thread for one ore more full day cycles.
- As a side note here, I'm going to assume that Max was actually killed and that his flavor for disappearing would be that he 'vanishes' like it says in his PM.

Claims
soscannonballs - Claims Miller who will investigate as Alien and has a one shot vig
DB - Also claims Miller who will investigate as "Guilty" and has a one shot vig that will change his alignment to the same as whomever he kills.
Nat20 - A dayvig that ended D1
Gaspy - Claims that he knows that there are Aliens and Werewolves in this game.

Did I miss anything?

Are people noticing that there are 4 claimed vigs already?

Why are people so worried about DB right now, but not worried about soscannonballs? Everyone seems to be freaking out about DB changing alignment, but we should be able to figure out DBs alignment if he killed someone rather easily since we will be able to see the alignments of the people who died in the night. After all, if we have a day that starts with 3 kills who are all town and then DB comes in and says he used his vig, we would 'know' he was town assuming of course he is telling the truth about his role. And I don't see any reason why he would lie about his role this early in the game. How does it benefit a scum DB to come out on D2 and say 'I'm a Miller with a vig and my alignment will change to my victims'? Plus if he never uses his vig, then he never changes his alignment and he would win with town.

In fact, if anything, DB should be somewhat happy that KB is dead right now since KBs win condition is not compatible with DB who is currently 'non-town, but wins with town'.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

SolusLunes posted:

Also, I think that's a town/town adjacent role.

We've determined through deaths (and Nat's admission) that there are six factions (at least):

Scum: Aliens, Werewolves, Mafia
Town: Town, Village, Military

There might be 3ps but I think that may have just been DB. There's probably another, let's be fair.

There were cops for the town and village. There's probably a military cop to root out aliens.

There was a vanisher for town. There's probably one for both the Village and Military. Birb is most likely one of those, and probably town because of it. Unless it was an involuntary vanish and then :iiam:

Not much we can do until birb comes back, and we can ask then which it was. Or birb comes back dead and we can simply assume it's involuntary.

I like some of this, but I think your conclusion about birb may be wrong. After all, let's not forget about DBs role which would have janitored his kill.

So birb may have disappeared himself, but he may have also been killed by someone who could just janitor their kill.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

soscannonballs posted:

So I am guessing my claim didn't trigger Hal's role because I didn't say my vig could be used during the day. That's my mistake for not making it clear. I don't have time right now to look back at people after the flips but if I am not turbo'd I will be around in a few hours.

I don't know if I really buy this right now.

It's just too convenient of an answer.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Kashuno posted:

Lmfao lololololoooool

Who doesn’t dayvig immediately Lynch this liar

This is my thought too.

He claims to have a dayvig, it's day and then he doesn't immediately use it to prove himself.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
:laffo:

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Hmmm...

I'm not sure this changes my opinion on sos at all.

Given the vaporize flavor, I'm leaning towards him being an alien, but I suppose he could be military.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I absolutely agree.

I see no reason why we shouldn't still lynch sos today especially since he could have at least told us that his vig wouldn't actually give us a flip.

So he lied on his initial claim and then still didn't tell the truth when he revised his claim.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

yuming posted:

3 towns and 3 scums and multiple 3rd parties oh boy

Oh btw congrats Hal on your win!

Hal might be the only one to actually win the game since he got out early with his win.

Everyone else might lose their sanity by the end of this game with the amount of wifom that seems likely to happen.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Solus, why do you think sos could be 3P?

He said that he was a miller who would show up as an alien. The actual 3P said he would show up as guilty. And given the two cop flips we now have, we can assume that DB would have given Jeabus a 'mafia' result and garth a 'werewolf' result and if there is a military cop they would have gotten an 'alien' result.

I don't see any situation where sos would be 3P and have that kind of knowledge. My guess is he's actually the alien the Dancer flip says can be recruited.

So ##vote soscannonballs

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Natural 20 posted:

Yes, we will take a hard look at the person you, a scum member, think is scum.

I don't think this is a very fair post considering we might be facing two or theee different scum teams.

Just because sos is very likely part of one of the scum teams doesn't mean he can't find members of the other scum teams.

I'm not saying that it's going to save him, but I also don't think we should outright dismiss his thoughts. I personally think he brings up a couple of good points about chaos that should be considered.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
:ghost: Whoever killed me is a jerk! :ghost:

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Good game everyone.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I was so waiting for people to discuss the werewolf usurper on the day AA got lynched, but nobody seemed to really bring it up.

Like, the case against ANarc while it might have been genuine, it should have also caused people to look at it as a bus given the 2 usurper roles that had flipped for the other 2 factions.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Mr. Humalong posted:

this should have tipped me off that you were a fakeclaim

To me, a Hider hides behind someone and any action that would have happened to Hider happens to the person they are hiding behind, except if the Hider is targeted by the NK, then both the Hider and the person he is hiding behind dies.

A Commuter is someone who leaves the thread every night and can't be targeted.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Max posted:

Why do you think I'm glad you lost!

I tracked you on N1 because I was hoping you were on a scum team and I would track you to my own death.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

GeneX posted:

Crooked Sleuth: Tracker probably wasn't strong enough info, earnable gun was a good, clean design and I think the day it would be gained was correct. Usurper wincon maybe a bit too much for a 3 man team, though. Grade: C

Since this was my role, I am going to disagree with you here. The earnable gun was a good choice, but I think the decision to make the role complete 4 tracks in order to get it was way too many tracks in a game that was scheduled to have at least 2 kills per night and could theoretically have 4 kills.

Also, I believe I said this in the deadchat, but I believe that the reason the usurpers didn't work as planned is because each scum team was 3 people. That meant that a Usurper could only win with 4 people left in it game, so at least in my view, there is no reason handicap your own team. The only time the Usurpers would come into play would be if a full scum team made it to the end of the game and then it mostly likely just be a bus for credit.

While I liked the idea of the traitors, I feel like making the 2 person scum team use an actual kill on them to recruit them also made it more difficult for the scum teams. I believe you said you were surprised that 2 scum teams did not bother to recruit on the first night but if you look at it from the scum teams point of view, the mafia, at least, quickly figured out that there was at least one other scum team and I might have even talked about there being 3 small scum teams in the chat. Either way, we decided with a 3 person split scum team, there was absolutely no reason to waste a kill by recruiting. Now this decision was helped along by birb being incredibly scummy on D1, but I am not sure we would have ever recruited our traitor. I know as a tracker who needed 4 tracks in order to get my gun, I wasn't about to give up a track chance in a game that looked like it would have at least 2 kills a night. And that folds right into why the frame was never likely to be used from the mafia team. Maybe if we had recruited N1, then on N2 the doctor that can't protect his own team anymore would make a kill and the godfather could frame someone, but even then it'd probably be better to send the doctor out to do doctor things.

• Locked thread