Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Was looking around to find the prey thread but I think it got archived. Started playing this today after picking it up in a steam sale and it's frankly awesome. I just left the opening area for the first time after poking around for a while and trying to fight that fire demon in the sick bay a few times before running away scared.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012
What difficulty r u playing this on? i feel like normal might be too easy after playing a bit

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
I was glad I played hard. It's cool how much you can do from the start -- I probably spent like 2 hours going through the Neuromods division after getting to the lobby before following the first story queue lol

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

I got a coupon from GMG and bought this early today. Can't wait to binge it on sunday

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Should I just start on hard? I'm very familiar with the Dishonored/Deus Ex/System Shock play style and I want my first experience to be challenging

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012
Yeah after doing Normal for a bit I think Hard is the way to go, forces you to use your abilities more & keeps the tension better.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Unexpected Raw Anime posted:

Should I just start on hard? I'm very familiar with the Dishonored/Deus Ex/System Shock play style and I want my first experience to be challenging

Yeah I hadn't played any of those games in forever and still enjoyed hard mode.You might have to run away from a fight or two or find ways to incorporate environmental hazards or whatever but it's never felt unfair

Fredrik1
Jan 22, 2005

Gopherslayer
:rock:
Fallen Rib
Prey is amazing and one of my favourite games.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
Ghey. just kidding I haven't played it

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib

Fredrik1 posted:

Prey is amazing and one of my favourite games.

yes. maybe my favourite game of the last five years. close between it and witcher 3. i hope arkane does a deus ex-like, after putting out such loving cool thief and system shock-likes.

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009
good game. was very skeptical when they said its a spiritual sequel to system shock for like the 5th time but it was actually right

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

dangerdoom volvo posted:

good game. was very skeptical when they said its a spiritual sequel to system shock for like the 5th time but it was actually right

Lol yeah we've been burned on that a few times huh.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

It’s awesome OP. Tbh I’ve never really been able to get into any System Shock/Deus Ex style games but for some reason Prey really grabbed me

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Played this on Hard and one shot everything with ease. Definitely play on Hell or even Truck Nuts difficulty.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Played this on Hard and one shot everything with ease. Definitely play on Hell or even Truck Nuts difficulty.

Lol

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Lmfao

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Lol

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I've reached Psychotronics Lab, haven't really been focused with my neuromods since it seems like you get enough that you can kinda do everything. I've been focusing on hacking and using the wrench though bc that's how you play System Shock

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Wrench is godlike with Combat Focus 3 and the wrench damage upgrades you can just slow time and beat the poo poo out of anythinfb

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Gey. Lol. Jk I bought this game and look forward to playing it.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I just jumped out of my loving chair from a jump scare and I need to lie down.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

In Training posted:

I just jumped out of my loving chair from a jump scare and I need to lie down.

Lol was it the video-glass thing?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

goferchan posted:

Lol was it the video-glass thing?

I instantly shattered it with my wrench and yelled

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

In Training posted:

I instantly shattered it with my wrench and yelled

Lmao prey is so cool

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The Neuromod lore is pretty cool and seemed to be entirely optional to discover, which I appreciated.

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

I wasn't sure how I felt about the helicopter ride in the intro but the moment I escaped from my apartment I was loving hooked. I haven't even gotten far yet

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

It's kinda funny that they prevent you from building one billion neuromods once you get the fabrication kit. But once I get Hacking 4 and the last movement speed bonus not sure what else I would even get. I wanna stay away from the psionics since I want to retain my humanity (lore friendly).

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I wasn't sure how I felt about the helicopter ride in the intro but the moment I escaped from my apartment I was loving hooked. I haven't even gotten far yet

I liked the huge loving logos.

ol yeller
Feb 20, 2015
i have not preyed the game :buddy:

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

In Training posted:

It's kinda funny that they prevent you from building one billion neuromods once you get the fabrication kit. But once I get Hacking 4 and the last movement speed bonus not sure what else I would even get. I wanna stay away from the psionics since I want to retain my humanity (lore friendly).

I'm not sure what I did that you didn't but somehow I unlocked unlimited neuromod fabrication very very early, like as soon as i got the plans for it. I guess it's something I found in the neuromod division?

edit: also doing a human-only run here :cheers: but i'll probably go back and do a psionic only run in NG+ and also try to kill every human on the ship

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

goferchan posted:

I'm not sure what I did that you didn't but somehow I unlocked unlimited neuromod fabrication very very early, like as soon as i got the plans for it. I guess it's something I found in the neuromod division?

Yeah I have the quest for it now, I went back to neuromod division to find the DRM-free (literally what it's called lol) fabrication kit

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

I started on HARD with all the survival modifiers turned on and these dudes (Phantasms?) in the lobby are owning me

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

I started on HARD with all the survival modifiers turned on and these dudes (Phantasms?) in the lobby are owning me

The survival mode stuff seems tough but hard mode without it isn't too bad . I would not enjoy having my guns break and poo poo lol

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Lol just found a really cool audio lot about the Reployers you see everywhere

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I've been playing on Normal I think. The beginning was tricky but I get way more hosed Up by accidentally walking into environmental hazards than getting attacked by enemies

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012

In Training posted:

I've been playing on Normal I think. The beginning was tricky but I get way more hosed Up by accidentally walking into environmental hazards than getting attacked by enemies

The main thing that bugged me about playing on Normal was that the mimics felt way too easy to shrug off

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Just watched the video where I try to explain to myself why my memory is hosed up and boy i don't know who to trust anymore

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Fighting anything more complicated than a mimic in this game reveals how lovely the combat is.

• Locked thread