Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

i played about 5 hours of doom 2016 and havent really felt like loading it back up. i got to hell and thought the real game was about to start, but it turned out i was already playing it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

everyone was so sure that doom 4 was going to be so aids that i got sucked into the reverse hype of people saying how much it exceeded their expectations

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

the big problem for me is that theres 0 tension in it, its all arena fights so you go from jogging around completely safe to big arenas where you fight a bunch of enemies which are usually well telegraphed, the takedowns are basically mandatory and make the action stilted and clunky because you're constantly locking into place so you can get the +5 health pickup. finding secrets is basically mandatory as well since thats how you unlock things so you spend a lot of time walking around empty levels going to the unexplored parts of the map after youve killed everything just so you can get your +1 movement or whatever. its not bad but extremely mediocre but i think people went wild for it because their minds has been corroded by 10 years of cod, destiny and borderlands.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

In Training posted:

oh no theyre going to go hardcore into the glory kill crap, they gave Doom guy the assassins creed wrist blade

ive been calling iot retard eternal

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

fadam posted:

I actually do uronically love the lore and storytelling in the DooM 16 remake lol. I thought all the parts written from the demon's point of view were funny.

you must be happy godd howard named the new game after you

• Locked thread