Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord
you’re not going to cry again before bed right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Can we get candy too

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Games? What are you some kind of dweeb?

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
peep this game

unpleasantly turgid
Jul 6, 2016

u lightweights couldn't even feed my shadow ;*
no i wont cry again before bed, but i will cry when we're in bed. you can go ahead and put that copy of World at War back now. :)

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

:catdrugs:
NOT RAMPAGE AGAIN DAMMIT

i want to finish metroid!

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord

dee eight posted:

NOT RAMPAGE AGAIN DAMMIT

MOM HE SAID A BAD WORD

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

i was told my old av was distracting
Okay but I get first player

I'm picking Kid Icarus!!!!

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

i was told my old av was distracting
WHAT ARE YOU SUPPOSED TO DO IN THIS WHAT THE heck

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Cracking open the box

Seeing what treasures waited in the form of previous rental saves and booklet notes

Keeping it for 3 weeks instead of 3 days and holy poo poo mom we gotta bring this back we could buy it after this long but at least I beat it after playing it to death the entire time and the next kid is gonna FLIP

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

:catdrugs:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C97ho4X5tVE

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

YOU: *lives 30 minute drive to closest rental place*
COUSIN: *lives 5 minute from family rental store, always has the latest and coolest poo poo when over on weekends*
YOU: cocksucker

house of the dad
Jul 4, 2005

I rented a bad game and it has ruined my life for the next 5 days until I can rent another one

poopnanners
May 3, 2016

hey guys lets party
Holy piss are we going to Blockbuster?? Shotgun!

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

Game's soundtrack was sampled by motherufuckin Bone Thugs N Harmony :hellyeah:

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"

Heck YES!!!

Commie NedFlanders
Mar 8, 2014

Once I rented a game and opened it up to discover two discs inside when there was supposed to be one. The other was some random game I never heard of with no stickers or marks from the blockbuster. It was a mistake, like someone accidentally left their game in there and returned it

Well anyway it was like fate smiled upon me

I tried this weird game and it blew my mind, it was some rpg that had an in-game stock market system for buying and selling things at various prices, it had a really weird story and gameplay like I had never seen before

I can’t remember what it’s xalled tho, it was for the PlayStation orPS2 I’m pretty sure

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

I wish they had just made these forever

Just this style of fast slash-crashy street fighting across stages

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Commie NedFlanders posted:

I can’t remember what it’s xalled tho, it was for the PlayStation orPS2 I’m pretty sure

stock market for like wine speculation? the roguelike mode from the Ehrgeiz fighter game?

the one with Cloud where you're like 'christ this is dog water' and it took until Smash Bros to be like 'yeah passable'

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

Black August posted:

I wish they had just made these forever

Just this style of fast slash-crashy street fighting across stages

My man!

My little bro and I played this game every Thanksgiving when we were kids because it was the only time we could play video games for an unlimited amount of time. When we beat it, we went bonkers. Good memories.

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Bogus Adventure posted:

My man!

My little bro and I played this game every Thanksgiving when we were kids because it was the only time we could play video games for an unlimited amount of time. When we beat it, we went bonkers. Good memories.

I played it with my cousin

It went -> oh wow cool -> like the arcade?? -> 2 player of yaaay I can be michelangelo -> JUMP KICK?!

It was all over from there.

Commie NedFlanders
Mar 8, 2014

Black August posted:

stock market for like wine speculation? the roguelike mode from the Ehrgeiz fighter game?

the one with Cloud where you're like 'christ this is dog water' and it took until Smash Bros to be like 'yeah passable'

I remember vaguely like a graph showing like a real time stock ticker thing and you could buy and sell stuff

This was a very interesting game, never seen anything like it before or after

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Commie NedFlanders posted:

Once I rented a game and opened it up to discover two discs inside when there was supposed to be one. The other was some random game I never heard of with no stickers or marks from the blockbuster. It was a mistake, like someone accidentally left their game in there and returned it

Well anyway it was like fate smiled upon me

I tried this weird game and it blew my mind, it was some rpg that had an in-game stock market system for buying and selling things at various prices, it had a really weird story and gameplay like I had never seen before

I used to rent the Magic the gathering game for PlayStation all the time and when we returned it I would always put a random MtG card in the instruction manual because I thought it would be a cool surprise for the next kid who rented it

In reality I was probably the only person renting it and the clerks would just find it and remove it

Commie NedFlanders
Mar 8, 2014

Aesop Poprock posted:

I used to rent the Magic the gathering game for PlayStation all the time and when we returned it I would always put a random MtG card in the instruction manual because I thought it would be a cool surprise for the next kid who rented it

God bless you

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

Black August posted:

I played it with my cousin

It went -> oh wow cool -> like the arcade?? -> 2 player of yaaay I can be michelangelo -> JUMP KICK?!

It was all over from there.

Jump kick was overpowered af. You could clear the screen with it.

Mtthnsly
Jan 19, 2009

Let's all get fucked up and make fun of internet weirdos! Including ourselves.
Tortured By Flan
I told my dad I would wake up early and make coffee for him every morning until I turned 18 if he bought me the GotY version of Morrowind. Suprisingly I stuck with my promise for the most part.

Universe Master
Jun 20, 2005

Darn Fine Pie

I rented Goldeneye like 7 times. Should have just bought it.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Universe Master posted:

I rented Goldeneye like 7 times. Should have just bought it.

I think my parents probably ended up paying for Lufia 2 several times over for me through rentals. Easily the most frequent game I’d get

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Buglord

Aesop Poprock posted:

I think my parents probably ended up paying for Lufia 2 several times over for me through rentals. Easily the most frequent game I’d get

This but Champions Return to Arms. I think rentals were $7 for a week and the game was a greatest hits for $20.

Kharnifex
Sep 11, 2001

The Banter is better in AusGBS
Rastan and Rampage

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat

this song has been stuck in my head for 32 years

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo
I’m getting Body Harvest and Top Gear Rally

and I don’t have a memory pack

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rzG0OGMeTPo

Universe Master
Jun 20, 2005

Darn Fine Pie

My mom drove me around to 3 or 4 different stores looking for the RAM pack to get better graphics for Turok 2.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

i guerentee i whup all ur butts at MK2, mario kart 64, and cointer-stroik

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

mom I’m sick and I need to stay home from school

also can you take me to blockbuster I need to finish mega man x

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

I weep for the current generation of kids that will never know the joy of renting poo poo at Blockbuster.

Fiddler on the Reef
Apr 29, 2011

Super Smash TV + GameShark

Commie NedFlanders
Mar 8, 2014

I had a Gameshark Pro for the ps1 and it was freaking amazing you could make your own codes and mess with the games coding I tinkered around playing Driver and figured out how to manipulate the traffic lights and random code changes caused vehicles to spawn randomly from the sky it was like playing God

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy
Can we just get one for the 2 extra days so I can finish Dragon Warrior 2?

• Locked thread