Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

I feel like the game could use some optimization patches. The game should really not be struggling to reach full speed in roots of yggdrasil. With my laptop that can run most recent games no problem! Hell, the game should be running nicely on a dinky 5-year old laptop. No way those fancy rotating 3d blocks are draining all this processing power.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

Who gave the immortal battlefield the right to be so goddamn large??? I was already feeling like wow, what an annoying field, and then I got the map and ooooh my god

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

Yo where the gently caress is the second sigil

I'm not taking another step into cave of the dead if it isn't in there

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

I think I've had enough aimless wandering for the moment so let me just ask: what do you need to get through the poison gas room in annwfn with mulbruk on the other side? Is it obvious and I just don't have the means yet?

My only avenue of exploration right now is some siderooms in gate of the dead and I really don't want to go there more than is necessary, that place gives me a headache

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

Procrastine posted:

rolling shurikens

Great. Pretty sure I know exactly where that is and it's locked by another sigil i don't have. Lamulana.txt

E: what the gently caress i just found a room I never went into and it's a miniboss! La-mulana!!!

Amppelix fucked around with this message at 10:37 on Aug 3, 2018

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

Ok how can I defeat the unpronounceable miniboss (the one that charges back and forth) at shrine of frost giants? Nothing I do seems to be hurting it so I wrote it off as impossible long ago, and it may be what's blocking my progression right now.

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

Which requires the ability to push blocks which I very much don't have. ah.

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

Right, I guess it's time to make one of these posts. Pls halp.

Here's my stuff

here's my warps (+ valhalla)

I'm finding myself blocked by lack of item at every single place I think something might be at. Sometimes even a chain of items, like I can't get to mulbruk without rolling shuriken which I'm 99% sure can get in battlefield with a sigil but I don't know where that is and I'm certainly not finding it.

The last hour of game has just been me double-checking and also beating my head against hailfire peaks, which I doubt hides any of the items I'm really seeking. I'm getting tired of both and I'd like a more productive direction to go, as I've obviously missed something along the way in some of these places.

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

Procrastine posted:

In the room under the grail point in annwfn. Solve the puzzle there and things should open up again.
This one?

Since the chest doesn't seem to be opening just from doing the "don't look at it" thing and there's a very obvious block right there I assumed the solution was going to be to come back when you can push blocks. I guess I'm just Too Stupid, because even knowing I can do it right now and trying a lot of things the mysteries are not making themselves known to me.

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

MMF Freeway posted:

You have the right idea you must just not be doing it quite right. Zone in and out of the room to reset it, go up the bottom ladder and face away from the chest. Don't move. It should open in a few seconds.

loving gently caress. This is the most frustrating type of failure possible. I did the correct thing but I didn't do it in exactly the way the game wanted from me. You can't stand too close to the chest (which is really easy to get to, because the detection for when you're standing the wrong way is very lenient, and I thought that was going to be the solution), and you need to stand still one microsecond longer than you'd think.

Well at least now I have a million billion places to go to all mapped out and everything!

E: I think the game should just not let you even get close to the chest at all to make it more apparent that that doesn't lead to a solution.

Amppelix fucked around with this message at 15:54 on Aug 3, 2018

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

What's up with this chest in the shrine's dragon path?

(The room with all the breakable walls)

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

Ah gently caress I'm missing mantras for the mausoleum puzzle. And I'm bad at taking notes so one could very well be in some area i saw and forgot about. Horus mentioned a mantra map, is that an easy to access thing? Otherwise I think I'm going for the grand tour of every single room in the game so far.

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

Regy Rusty posted:

It's one of the most complicated puzzles in the game
Well, guess not. The most pertinent mantra I'm missing is earth so I might as well ask: where is that?

In fact I've got some other stuff I might as well ask:
Does Daji have a gimmick?
Is Jormungandr kinda supposed to be the fourth boss? I haven't seen a trace nor hint of the golden key for him, beyond needing the grapple claw apparently

I'm in that state of aimless wandering again which probably means I skipped a puzzle which I was actually able to solve and missed a key item again.

E: i found earth at least! Score one for checking every room!

Amppelix fucked around with this message at 12:35 on Aug 6, 2018

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

Well forget jormungandr, i just made it to Ra! Glorious progress!

The struggle to actually reach a boss in la-mulana is a pretty great way no naturally make the fights seem so much more impactful when you finally get to them, i think. I don't know If I'd remember them all so well if they weren't basically rewards after solving a lot of stuff.

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

Life seal (#3) seems to be blocking my way in a ton of areas currently so I'm probably at the point where I should be able to get it. Where is it? (broadly and specifically)

And also, I posted about this before but does anyone know what to do with the chest that's in the room with all the breakable & secret walls in the shrine (dragon path)? I tried a lot of things there to no effect.

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

Of course it's in there. That sure is a room I entered once and promptly forgot about.

By the way, I've gotten to Ancient Chaos, where a tablet says even the Ice Cape won't work on its lava. But I don't even have the ice cape! Is it a pretty early treasure that I've just completely marched by? Not like you really need it, lava damage is very survivable and there's that hot spring that makes you invulnerable if you really really want to.

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

Never mind I just found the ice cloak. That's some really sketchy treasure placement! You need to traverse a whole hell of a lot of lava to get this!

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

Oh no now I need help getting the ankh to show in Battlefield. The game shows me yet again for presuming that things would be simple.

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

Oh. Of course you don't chant "Moon" in the room where you incredibly obviously need to chant "Moon". I should've used La-Mulana counterlogic, that puzzle was too obvious.

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

Hold the gently caress up why does Jormungand have 2000 HP and barely any chances to hit it

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

I took the hint and made the fight fair with a firearm of my own

RIP 500 coins, but that sure felt good.

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

I can't wait for really good players to get recorded subweaponless runs on some of the enemies. I did that just by nature on most of 1 but whew, the enemy design in 2 is all kinds of bullshit.

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

Casull posted:

There's an earlier tablet in the shrine of the frost giants that suggests repairing broken towers.

What in that room could "fill" that broken tower you see?

Blatant answer: Push the left statue all the way to the right so the two statues touch within the broken tower, which should break the floor of the other tower below you and let you fall through to another room.

Not who originally asked for help, but: That was the first thing I tried in that room. It didn't do anything. It's still not doing anything. Uh, help? I've tried some slightly different arrangements even.

E: I just got it work somehow by randomly pushing the dudes around! Both of them were definitely not in the pillar! I was just moving the other one around and suddenly the thing happened!

Amppelix fucked around with this message at 14:43 on Aug 7, 2018

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

Great, I died and now I can't replicate it. Good Puzzle.

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

Next on the list of things that I've probably seen hints for but forgot: What's up with the room under the true throne in Valhalla?

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

First NPC (Gerd) in Shrine of the Frost Giants tells you exactly how it works.

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

Elswyyr posted:

She's still talking about the Power of Fire to me.

Then you missed it.

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

Out of curiosity, where's the Katana and Axe (i actually haven't seen the last weapon in any footage but I assume it's the axe)?

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

Another place I'd forgotten to doublecheck for the Katana, wouldn't you know it.

While I'm at it, here's another unimportant one:

Can I do something here or nearby? There's obviously a spot for a ladder, and there's also an unreachable pot in the room below. I managed to enter the door via damage-boosting but that doesn't feel like an intended solution either.

E: wow I can double jump into the shop, mystery #1 solved idiot

Amppelix fucked around with this message at 14:31 on Aug 9, 2018

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

That's totally not why I was looking for the shortcut!

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

Some areas have it worse than others. Gate of the Dead is one of the worst. Almost every potential fall is set up so your destination will be spikes or just getting crushed by a random pot. Very specifically with several slides leading into each other, even!

I don't like it too much either, but it's not a big enough deal to stop me from playing.

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

Ziggurat of Destiny is the worst room in the game

E: It's like a room from a bad "difficult" romhack. Just copypaste 20 enemies in there, that'll be hard! And they all move and shoot semi-randomly!

Amppelix fucked around with this message at 15:51 on Aug 9, 2018

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

Incidentally, now that I'm done with that bullshit, do I need the time lamp for Anzu? If I do I guess it's time to start looking

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

Ok I think I'll stop playing for today but one more: I need to find the power of flame.

Earlier Frey said that he gave it to Gerd. Unfortunately, Gerd isn't saying anything other than repeating the corridor of blood lines ad nauseam. That's the only hint I can remember ever getting on the location of the power of flame, so I'm kinda boned here. Can I get Gerd to spill the beans for me? It probably involves some speaking to other NPCs, doesn't it. Or maybe I need to solve something with the corridor before she'll say anything else? Or is she not actually related at all?

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

Guess number 3 was true. I had a feeling that line from Frey wasn't important because I only got it by randomly checking in with him like 15 hours ago and it sounded more like flavor, but you can never be sure in this game!

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

f#a# posted:

Heaven's Labyrinth.
Yeah how do you get here? It's been slowly dawning on me that I should've reached it already and then I literally saw a stream of someone decidedly less far in the game than me in there and whoops, looks like I missed an obvious and important thing again!!

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

So... something's supposed to happen in this room?

I really hope I just need to trigger it somewhere and I haven't encountered a save-breaking bug here.

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

I'm pretty sure I already did that... but who's to say I didn't die afterwards. Hopefully I did.

E: I totally did die after that and then forgot about it because it didn't seem to lead anywhere productive. I keep being amazed by my ability to miss things in increasingly creative ways.

Amppelix fucked around with this message at 10:07 on Aug 10, 2018

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

Now I'm in one of those situations where I don't even know where to begin. Some general direction would be nice:

I cleared the labyrinth easily enough (clearly I was supposed to do that way beforehand) and now it seems that I need the cog, which is in the twins statue. I can't think of any other way to go, besides the underworld, where I also can't get anywhere because I can't find the gate I need, and the dark lord's pyramid where I need the destiny tablet which I'm pretty sure is in Anzu's chest, which needs the time lamp etc.

So for this cog, I have absolutely no clue what to do. A clue talks about a buried fortress which could possible refer to divine fortress but there's nothing really there besides the huge chalice which seems to want several mantras I'm missing and/or some second meanings, and I don't think it would be the solution to this puzzle anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

Pigbuster posted:

There's a room in Immortal Battlefield that's literally named Buried Fortress, it's in the bottom-right corner. However, there's more information you need before it's actually possible to do something there, and that info lies in the underworld. For info on how to get there, have you explored the bottom-left rooms of Immortal Battlefield and where they lead, yet? If you haven't been there, there's a branch in Yggdrasil to explore, which I think you should be capable of doing now.

Oh I'm very in the underworld. I just can't solve the seven gates puzzle (well, I seemingly can't solve it yet, let's not discount me being stupid) because I can't even find all seven gates, or the one that begins the sequence. Hopefully one of the rooms I can access has this hint!