Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tendales
Mar 9, 2012

staplegun posted:

Could anyone tell me how I accidentally solved (location) the puzzle in the Shrine of the Frost Giants via the Corridor of Blood? I was just loving around pushing the statues and managed to find the solution by pushing the dark statue through the top pillar, pushing it back, then pushing the light statue towards the pillar.

I thought I had a screenshot for this, but I don't so here's a lovely words description:

Remember the room in Immortal Battlefield where your Dad's tent was set up for a while, with that long corridor of squish traps? There's a mural on the wall that shows you the position to put the statues in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tendales
Mar 9, 2012
Uuuuuugh. I spent hours looking for the other side of the door to the spiral boat. Turns out, I knew exactly where it was, but I wasn't hitting the exact right pixel to break a wall. I thought I had somehow missed a puzzle or something to reveal it. Nope; solution was correct but execution was failing. Finally broke down and looked for spoilers, and they all just said to do the thing I thought I had already done!

Oh well. Time for the home stretch.

Tendales
Mar 9, 2012
Somewhere I got it in my head that key fairy will only tag the breakable blocks that require bombs.

Anyway, yeah, there's a tablet that just straight up says 'here's the thing, and also here's a picture of where the thing is' and I was still going nuts because I was throwing earth spears all over without hitting anything.

Honestly, my one overarching complaint of the game is the hitboxes could be a lot better.

Tendales
Mar 9, 2012
How about the room in Valhalla where you get the Flail whip? It's got seals 1-4 visible even when you can't reach them, so if you've figured out that the symbols for 1-3 mean numbers, you can infer 4.

Tendales
Mar 9, 2012
I don't remember any specific clue. I think it's just supposed to be that it's Takemagehara Shrine, EVERY route is plugged full of breakable floors

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tendales
Mar 9, 2012
As far as physical notetaking, I only sketched out a map and noted down where things are. My sense of direction is worse than awful. But for all the messages and puzzle hint stuff, I just took screenshots.