Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

I'm already stuck in the first level. I suck at puzzle games.

Am I supposed to be beating Nidhogg? I can throw shurikens at his face but I have like, 25 and I don't think that's enough.

I have found the ankh but not the ankh jewel. There's an opened chest at the other side but when I try to reach it, the ceiling crushes me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Control Volume posted:

Read the tablet in that chest room again and ruminate

Another one of those "why didn't I think of that" moments.

But is the boss I mentioned optional at this point and easier later on?

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

I'm kinda stuck in Valhalla

There's a mimir statue that supposedly needs a mantra read in front of it to get a ladder spawning. The lower level leads nowhere. I have met a naked guy and hit him to have him teleport somewhere, I don't know where he went.

I was able to kill Nidhogg by completely cheesing him with the gun and got [spoiler]the claw]/spoiler] from the next area but I haven't found any place to use it.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

corn in the bible posted:

Follow the spooky naked guy!

I wish I could remember where he went after the second time I hit him.

e: okay, I found some crab miniboss near the save tablet. So far unable to beat him.

TeaJay fucked around with this message at 21:26 on Jul 31, 2018

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Johnny Joestar posted:

i actually dunno where to find the spooky naked man in his...final? appearance in the zone he's in after hitting him like 2-3 times, which i feel would be a more pertinent road to follow than loving around in the ice/fire funhouse of gently caress you

e: lmao he's a sneaky little gently caress hiding behind foreground stuff like that

I dunno if you're stuck at the same part as me but I figured it out by accident.

you need to go talk to the bearded geezer again At "Anterior chamber of cataclysm" and he'll open a wall for you. How am I supposed to figure this out? Earlier he just said something about a huge danger coming.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Well, I got quickly stuck after the boss fight again. I guess I can't progress in this area anymore without the mantra. But the only areas I have unlocked right now are Annfwn and Fire & Ice treetops and neither look very welcoming.

e: I'm having trouble with cryptic quests and progression just a few hours in. I have no hope with this game.

TeaJay fucked around with this message at 22:27 on Jul 31, 2018

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

You should be able to explore quite a few areas now!

Johnny Joestar posted:

yeah, it definitely opens up a bit more at that point. you're gonna want to take risks and push forward in whatever weird places you find yourself in.

Wow, this seems like absolutely crazy since I was pretty sure those are the only two areas I can go to right now. No idea what I've missed.

Unless you mean Corridor of blood which takes me to all kinds of areas that feel like I'm certainly not supposed to be in?

e: Also wow stupid me not catching the whole Loki thing immediately. The snake dropping venom on his head and everything.

e2: I've found at least 2 area entrance but they are sealed behind gates that won't open for me.

TeaJay fucked around with this message at 22:43 on Jul 31, 2018

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

I can't make it any progress in Annfwn. It seems like most puzzles require the block pushing ability which I don't have. On the right side of the two-screen elevator shaft there seem to be some rooms I can't access. What should I be looking out for?

I've found the rainbow corridor to Immortal battlefield though.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

you can get the ability there. it's an annoying poorly clued puzzle. just remember, you can try pushing blocks even if they won't move and have nowhere you'd want to put them!

I'm gonna guess without trying, is it the "Do not look" puzzle where I have to push the boulder to the left to open the chest? But then I get shot in the back though

Thanks for the tip, I'll try again later on

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Anyone else have odd performance issues? You'd think this game was not very heavy to get running, but somehow my loading times and zone transitions are getting longer and longer.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Well, I managed to get stuck again in Annfwn. An NPC says they will create the boss ankh but I have no idea where that could be. I still can't find a way to the rooms on the right side of the map - I've fought a mini-boss and unlocked a swinging pedestal but it only leads to a shop.

e: Okay, I see where the ankh is now, but I need to find my way over there.

TeaJay fucked around with this message at 12:29 on Aug 1, 2018

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

nftyw posted:

As far as the rotating brothers thing From what it seems there's some kind of trigger you need to hit to hit in order to get those two to talk to you, I recall them not giving me the time of day and then sometime later they're all like oh hey you need something of mine don't you

What's the trigger? I am guessing I'm in a spot where I need the Fairy king's ship to fight Kujata, but the blacksmiths won't talk to me.

Although I still need to figure out a way to actually reach that ankh, I'm stuck on the left side of that room.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Broken Cog posted:

You probably need to either Read the tablet in the same room as the ankh, or actually try to start the fight once first.

Okay, that makes sense. I'm probably still missing something that lets me access the right side of the map of Annwfn.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Sonel posted:

Their is another entrance to Annwfyn

I think I know where, and I bet I can use the caltrops?

e: Got it but now I get poisoned to death. I'm moving on!

TeaJay fucked around with this message at 14:41 on Aug 1, 2018

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

SettingSun posted:

The solution if you want it: You can use the rolling shuriken to depress the pressure plate and deactivate the gas trap.

Yeah, I got it the moment I posted. Then I got killed in a death trap next room. This is La-Mulana, I guess.

Is this shortcut actually supposed to be of some use? I figured it connects both sides of the map but the platform above this shaft is not a trap, so there doesn't seem to be any point.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Now I'm stuck at Kujata, haha. It's just one thing after another. Dodging all the projectiles in the 2nd phase is pretty tough.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Scalding Coffee posted:

Or are so terrible at fighting bosses that it is the only way to beat them, in the first game. gently caress those bosses.

How do you grind 500 gold for the bullets though when the money seems to be a finite resource?

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

drat overgrown bull

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Okay, help a stoopid guy out here - how do you exactly do the puzzle for the flail whip? If you leave the screen, the blocks reset. Do you need something to go in the lava pool?

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

I have to try again later to see if my 96 is enough.

Just mainly trying to upgrade my weapons to take out Kujata. I did get the earth spear already which should help.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

uPen posted:

More hp than you lose swimming through it.

Also the solution is crouching.

Thanks, that later part really confused me.

This section of the map has a lot of chests I can't find ways to open and it's bugging me a bit, including one on the water area I already flooded and made the switch unreachable. Perhaps you get some kind of item to sink, like iron boots la Zelda?

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

I thought that getting the Djed pillar from Kujata would allow me to traverse the upper levels of Valhalla but apparently I need some mantras to load in it as well

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

I forgot to save after beating Kujata, died to a boulder trap and now I can't beat him again

e: got him, but that sure was a lesson for saving the game

TeaJay fucked around with this message at 21:55 on Aug 1, 2018

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

I guess I need to find the second sigil right now. Any tips on where I should look?

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

lets hang out posted:

Area frost giants

More specific near the save monument

Spoiled in the save room jump from up by the ceiling and land in the snow to sink down to the bottom

Okay, and from there? I can go left for the ankh jewel wall puzzle or to the right, where I can interact with an origin seal.

e: aah, I think I got it, the snow thing again

TeaJay fucked around with this message at 23:04 on Aug 1, 2018

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Katamari Democracy posted:

I just got the gloves. But I have no freaking idea where to find A 'Spear' of some sort to press tablets down on the floor..

Any help would be appreciated.

The spear is in Immortal battlefield, pretty close to the start when you come from the rainbow bridge.

But you can also use caltrops for those little holes.

I'm just basically looking where I should be going next.

I beat 3 guardians, got 2 sigils now, got glove, claw and chain whip and the ankh jewel for frost area.

I guess I'm still looking for more mantras too? Although I can't remember seeing any other walls of text than the one I already picked up in Divine fortress (earth)

TeaJay fucked around with this message at 23:33 on Aug 1, 2018

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Gate of the Dead is giving me a huge headache with the whole flipping the screen up and down mechanics. I went through a good while just to find the save point and there's plenty of chests that I can't open. Plus you can never tell what putting a weight on a pedestal means since you can't see the effect on the same screen here.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Is there any purpose to Gate of the dead other than basically an item collection zone? I've got Vajra (which I think makes me attack faster), Anchor and the advanced map software. I've killed the unicorn miniboss.

Is there anything else I can do here? I don't know what the deal is with those gray pedestals, they basically give me a shock if I put anything on them.

e: nevermind, I should read the NPC dialogue a bit better. But what can I actually put on them then? Gonna have to go Indiana Jones here?

I also got a hint about destroying a false tablet, but I haven't found it.

TeaJay fucked around with this message at 11:53 on Aug 2, 2018

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Pigbuster posted:

Decreasing-order-of-vagueness hint list:

Thanks, that's funny that you'd have to use that.

I found one hidden pedestal next to the save point, Corridor or sorrow but haven't been able to find the other hidden one. I wonder if I need an additional sigil since there's a room that requires it or if I can find it with what I have now.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Infinity Gaia posted:

One of them requires a mantra chanted in a specific place.

Only mantra I have found so far is Heaven atDivine fortress with the Odin room, I think

Could I get some vague hints on where I could find more at this point in the game?

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

It's funny since I was like Yeah I'm gonna take screenshots of everything weird! And I have! But I swear I haven't seen any of those runic walls so far, or they just escape my memory completely. Maybe I'm not supposed to find more at this point?

I am guessing though that the mantra in question is sun, since there's a very suspicious glowing gate in room of the sun

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Pigbuster posted:

That one in particular is a little less obvious, it doesn't have the "____ altar" room name to guide you.

It's in Immortal Battlefield
Try searching the rightmost rooms

Thanks, I found the mantra, mostly just stumbling on it randomly..

but it didn't seem to have any effect in the room I thought I should use it in, in Gate of the Dead, so I guess I have to keep looking.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

DoubleNegative posted:

1) Takamagahara Shrine
2) Heaven's Labyrinth
3) Gate of Dead

Regarding number 3 (Katana): is it the one where you need a sigil (that I don't have yet)? Because I'd really like to get my hands on this particular item.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Can anyone give me some kind of direction as to where can I find the save point / grail spot in Icefire treetops, ice side? The whole zone is terrible and it's getting old running back from Roots.

e: Got it, but I'm more or less still stuck. In the next screen left there's a chest and a statue and I assume I have to make the statue turn somehow?

TeaJay fucked around with this message at 15:22 on Aug 2, 2018

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

grieving for Gandalf posted:

okay, I'm throwing in the towel and asking for help. I'm posting an image of my inventory because I'm not sure where to go next.

Seems to me you should explore Annfwn more. You can get a block-pushing upgrade and you can fight the boss of that area + find an entrance to.. two other areas, I think?

To actually fight the boss though, you need to find the second entrance to Annfwn at Yggdrasil roots

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

I'm still looking for a few things:

- Where can I find the katana
- Or the third sigil
- What do I do in the room that's adjacent of the save point in Icefire where there's a button I can't reach and a big statue in the middle (which zaps me if I hit it)

And generally about Icefire, what is needed to use the other exit to Immortal battlefield, which seems blocked for me from both sides?

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Agent355 posted:

1. Land of the Dead
2. Icefire Treetops
3. No idea, I must've already done it and don't remember because I don't see what you're referring to.

Is 1. tied to 2. ? I thought I've discovered everything in Gate of the Dead save for one spot that required a sigil
3. This room:

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Broken Cog posted:

You're missing a sigil, look just below the chest.

Oh, okay. But the third sigil is somewhere in Icefire, right? Just thought it might be here.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Agent355 posted:

It is, but it's on the fire side

Well fudge.

I hope I can reach it without fire-swimming equipment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Agent355 posted:

Maybe too much information but,

You can if you find the other entrance

Nah, dont worry, I've been roaming around trying to find it, first I got a small hint about the area, now I'm just looking to find it...

But if you are saying I need to find an alternate entrance to Icefire fire side I havent found it yet.