Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sivek
Nov 12, 2012

How exactly how they dealing with the costume keys? I backed the game at a high enough tier that I'm getting the max amount and was wondering if they're going to be a separate dlc key or something? Don't see anything in my stuff abut it and dressing up Lumisa is of the upmost importance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sivek
Nov 12, 2012

Zanzibar Ham posted:

I got a link to the instructions on how to get the costumes as part of the e-mail with the game key.

well, poo poo. There's nothing there for me and the original key they sent me gave me a duplicate product code so just acquiring the game has been a La-Mulana tier puzzle so far.

Sivek
Nov 12, 2012

If you come across Future Development Company app in a shop, buy it.

It lets you teleport to this game's "backward" holy grail tablets.

Happy I came across it early on and had enough cash to grab it.

Sivek
Nov 12, 2012

corn in the bible posted:

since you can use jewels on any ankhs you can sequence break in various ways i guess.

i bought it but it doesnt seem to let me do that?

maybe you have to combine it with some other software? it didn't flash when I equipped it like combos did in the first game so I figure it's a standalone. maybe you didn't scan the tablet?

It let me teleport to location name spoiler Valhalla with it equipped but I can't teleport there with it unequipped.

Sivek
Nov 12, 2012

Control Volume posted:

Is there anyone who couldnt have figured out the first room in the second area without the tablet just telling you what to do? Its such a weird concession for the devs to make.

what "second area" is that? Divine Fortress is my second area.

Sivek
Nov 12, 2012

Control Volume posted:

The intended one, not the one that murders you with POISON LAVA

if it's the part I think it is, I imagine one of the devs watched a playtester walk into a barrier over and over again and dying for an hour before telling him to "USE THE loving SHURIKEN!"

Sivek
Nov 12, 2012

Where do I need to go to get to the Gate of the Dead? Got a bunch of areas unlocked and explored but must be missing something obvious.

Sivek
Nov 12, 2012

holy poo poo I could've found the gate of the dead like 10 hours ago.

:cripes:

Sivek
Nov 12, 2012

Elman posted:

Valhalla question: I went through the Corridor of Blood and killed the ice block pushing boss, is something supposed to unlock after that? As far as I can tell nothing happened. At first I thought killing it made the corridor move so I could get someplace else, but I don't think that's it.

There's a block that pushed out from the left-side of the wall after beating the boss. You probably didn't notice it. It's not super obvious.

Sivek
Nov 12, 2012

buglord posted:

I was gifted the first La Mulana years ago and havent played much of it. Is it still worth the playthrough? If so, anything I should know before starting out?

Write poo poo down and make sure to get the holy grail before leaving the Gate of Guidance.

Sivek
Nov 12, 2012

I don't like the level scaling and wish it wasn't in the game. It just makes returning to areas you already cleared more annoying while making places you haven't yet visited loving awful (Ancient Chaos).

Sivek
Nov 12, 2012

Elman posted:

Huh? I don't remember seeing any gas in that area. Where is that specific room?

Area that can be reached by going:

Corridor of Blood---->Ancient Chaos----->Taka Shrine

Sivek
Nov 12, 2012

Justin_Brett posted:

I forgot where all the Dark Lord tablets were and now I feel completely stuck. I got into the boss but now I don't know what else it wants.

to make the anhk appear in the boss room,

you have to find Ra, who you probably found already in the DLM, he then moves to another area where he was mentioned previously

Sivek
Nov 12, 2012

Elman posted:

You need the Cog for that one, don't you? I haven't been able to get it yet, so I guess I spoiled myself by reading the gas stuff. Guess I'll hold on before using it.

Yeah, I think so. You also need the egg of creation to make the miniboss way less frustrating.

Justin_Brett posted:

Sorry, I meant I beat the boss. Now I just seem to be stuck since I seem to need to do more to make the pyramid work?

Honestly, the pyramid isn't worth messing with until you have 12 crystal skulls. Most likely have to head to the underworld if you haven't done it yet. There's a bunch of hints there for progress elsewhere.

Mercury_Storm posted:

I used the weapon fairly to fight the huge guy with the cart and she killed him before I even had a chance to move. Then my game locked up like it had no idea what just happened

Welcome to La-Mulana 2. It is very glitchy at the moment.

Sivek fucked around with this message at 02:50 on Aug 17, 2018

Sivek
Nov 12, 2012

Justin_Brett posted:

I've been there, yeah, it got me some other items but I think I'm tapped for progress there too. I moved Eurydice and fought Ratatoskr, but Hraesvelgr is still up on his perch.

Yeah, you have to beat Hraesvelgr to fully progress there. In order to initiate the fight, you have to do something mantra-related based on some tablet hints.

Sivek
Nov 12, 2012

Justin_Brett posted:

Are those in The Underworld? I've seen some about 'tracing its movements' to seal him, which I assume means going to places you fought him before (though the Pit of Time might make that tricky), but nothing other than that that I remember.

Pretty sure the ones you need are the tablets the fairy queen tells you about. Think they're called the seeress prophecy tablets or something and there's 4-5 of them. They look visibly different from normal tablets and are scattered throughout a couple of areas. She calls you at some point in the game and tells you to check them out. There will be highlighted text on them now that is relevant for a few things. Not sure what prompts the fairy queen call.

Sivek fucked around with this message at 03:58 on Aug 17, 2018

Sivek
Nov 12, 2012

Scalding Coffee posted:

Does the creepy birdman who keep teleporting out of rooms in Gate of the Dead, stay in the map area or is he waiting for an ankh? I don't know where he is.

He's somewhere else now.

answer: he's in the room above the dark lord's footprints, iirc, go there and it will spawn the ankh for the area.

Sivek
Nov 12, 2012

Amppelix posted:

I must be missing something in Eternal Prison: I think it's finally time to cross the seven gates, but I can't find the first one (holy chalice) anywhere! Additionally, the second gate sends you into a room with no escape?

First gate is not entered while in the Eternal Prison

hint where to find it-it's accessed through another area and requires mantra usage

answer- use flame toc to kill the boss uncovered by incanting a mantra in icefire treetop

Sivek fucked around with this message at 20:58 on Aug 18, 2018

Sivek
Nov 12, 2012

Eopia posted:

Wait you can unlock a path to that boss in the icefire treetop? I never figured that out and fought it by using the exit from the underworld to fight it, and then reentering from there.

Yeah, you do a mantra combo near the totem warp point and it drains the lava and you can jump down and start the fight.

Sivek
Nov 12, 2012

Elman posted:

I got to the final boss but when I play the mantras I die (well, I stay alive with 32hp thanks to that one software combo). The 9th Child spawns and the fight goes on normally but no matter how many times I try I always die when I play the mantras. Am I missing something?

An easy way to know if you have all the dissonance in the beherit is to look at the item description. It'll be very different from normal.

Sivek
Nov 12, 2012

My Surtr experience consisted of dying about 10 times due to rock falling rng and then killing him in about 30 seconds.

Sivek
Nov 12, 2012

Here are a couple you should have access to.

Moon mantra is in Immortal Battlefield.

The sun mantra is a prerequisite for getting it so you should be able to grab it.

Sea mantra is in Shrine of the Frost Giants. and you need the birth seal to get it.

Sivek fucked around with this message at 01:13 on Sep 17, 2018

Sivek
Nov 12, 2012

La Mulana 2: Believe, puny dumbasses.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sivek
Nov 12, 2012

Vil posted:

I discovered tonight that at some point between the game's release and my current replay, they patched Surtr so his floor is mildly annoying lava (not even poison lava), rather than insta-death bottomless pit. They did, admittedly, also patch Surtr so the fight's actual damage output is higher, but it's still a huge improvement over the fuckery that it used to have.

I also discovered that the attack fairy will cheerfully spend all her time in that fight murdering the rocks you're trying to stand on, rather than Surtr himself.

Sounds like a good change. iirc, the weapon fairy always did that in the fight, which is pretty annoying.

On my list of things I wish they'd change is to eliminate the enemy ramp-up as you progress through the game. It made going back through areas a huge pain and I can't think of one positive aspect to it. I want to go back through old areas near the end of the game and cruise through them, not be even more annoyed by enemies than I was the first time through. Get this level-scaling poo poo out of here.