Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.
only got about 80% through the first one before i gave up and used a wiki. i hope this one's just as hard until 80% and then slightly easier. thank ypou

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.

f#a# posted:

You do not yet need to deal with the Corridor.

Light spoiler, not an answer: that dude you think is beyond your reach just found a good hiding spot.

i basically missed this and spent 3 hours in like five other zones and came back hit this guy by accident

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

between the knife and the whip the knife is sick

that said i do wish sub weapons were more plentiful so you could use against normal trash mobs

Verviticus fucked around with this message at 04:24 on Aug 9, 2018

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

lm2 genuinely just feels like lm1 but alternate reality. it’s about as much “more of the same” as anything i’ve ever played

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

is there something i need to do to get anything other than a health fairy? ive found the pass and purchased the freedom of the weapon and treasure fairy, but ive never actually gotten them from a spawn

im sure there are software combinations at some point, but i dont think im far enough in for that

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

oh thats cool, thanks

oops my greed has broken the game (i dont have the max coin limit or anything)

https://i.imgur.com/BihIwiK.mp4

Verviticus fucked around with this message at 12:27 on Aug 12, 2018

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

griffins bugged. you cant kill it and move forward. i dont know what implications this has on completing the game but you cant get the chest right now

the real question: wait, there's another solution to that puzzle? i also just ran really fast down the ladders to the left

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

Sockser posted:

Naturally I never thought to huck shurikens from that platform

e: getting crushed by the same vase three times is great and fun

the cool thing is that theres a tablet that literally draws this out flawlessly. i found it AFTER finding the entrance and went "oh.. i should probably be taking pictures of all of these diagrams huh"

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

just curious - what's everyone's favourite track from this game?

it took a bit to grow on me but i think heaven's labyrinth (just the name of a zone) might be in my favourite tracks in a video game at this point

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

is there anywhere or anyone with the collected tablets (or their locations) for the brahma puzzle? i think ive got an idea of how to solve it and i think im 1/4 of the way there but i did it with a pretty narrow collection of info and i dont really want to dig through the entire game for them again after going through like 60% of it to find the gods. and yeah, i read every tablet i could find and i only found the water pot one

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

that’s perfect, thank you so much!

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

McFrugal posted:

I wrote some notes down for the age tablets, and have them stored still for the rest of the puzzle:
Dvapara Yuga is the age of copper, when disaster struck from virtue and sin in balance
Satya Yuga is the age of gold, when virtue was overflowing
Treta Yuga is the age of silver, when virtue declined and the people leaned on ceremony
Kali Yuga is the age of steel now blunted, when virtue disappeared, replaced by conflict and despair

You figure out the associated objects from the yuga rings, obviously, but there is no ring for Kali Yuga.
Object descriptions:
The Padma Lotus begets blessing. But blessing will not grace those for whom life is tangled with chaos.
The Vedas Texts constitute a belief system. One belief is that when we reach death, we will return to water.
The Kamandalu Water Pot is tolerance. It is the vessel that will tolerate any battle that provokes chaos.
There are as many Mala Prayer Beads as worldly desires. The beads weave together those whose desires drive them to fight tirelessly. Even after their lives are exhausted.

There's other information you need, but I'm not sure if you have/want that or not and saying what that information is spoils part of the puzzle anyway.

got the puzzle thanks to this. it was nice to confirm that all i was missing was the rote legwork on some tablets and that i had the logic down pat. thanks again dude

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

i think i just threw shurikens?

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

i feel really dumb asking this, but how do i access the hot spring in ancient chaos?

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

Sockser posted:

Oh neat the latest patch fixed a bunch of crushers in Eternal Prison that didn't work before

This is fun
Getting used to a place and then it adds new traps
That's cool
thanks

It does make the doors puzzle more explicit, though

i thought those crushers and stuff only activated once you started doing the puzzle

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

Navaash posted:

From the entrance from Takamagahara Shrine, it's the screen directly below. There's a hole in the lower right corner that you may have missed. Note that it drops into a poison lava pit at first so either equip the Clay Doll Statue or mash the swim button very quickly. Be careful swinging your weapon around there as well.

ahhh i saw that, i just for some reason didnt realize the solution was earth spearing it. i thought that would be where the ladder spawned once i got down there

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

Sockser posted:

Possible, and cheating and looking at hints tells me I'm not actually ready to do the puzzle, ha

Can someone tell me how I'm supposed to do the Yugas? I think I've got it like, 90% figured out, but I'm getting spiked no matter what. I have the hints, I think I've got the correlations right, but something's just not clicking

e:
also can't figure out Sakit's tomb

I know he's aligned with moon, good chance I need to use the moon mantra

I've got this giant's whistle that doesn't seem to do anything

I'm in his tomb room, hanging out everywhere, running around chanting moon, statue's already gone, can't do poo poo, tomb is filled with dirt

i just did this. youre close enough that i cant really give progressive hints so heres the solution
you're just using the mantra in the wrong spot: use it inside the left mound. no i dont know why there were two graves

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

so.. eg-lana: is it just like, a mountain somewhere? i kinda thought it was a pocket dimension but then you just climb outside

end of game: uhh, not lots of fun! but still pretty good overall, 8/10, good work lm2

Verviticus fucked around with this message at 04:18 on Sep 6, 2018

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

Blind Duke posted:

If there were any references to the Infernal Fiend outside of purely in context of the Colossal Dragon it would be a more tolerable puzzle

Even when you find the Colossal Dragon, you don’t know you are looking at the Infernal Fiend even when looking at it up close

its a really easy puzzle to solve by elimination though. the map shows a transition between zones in that you need to go down, there arent any fake walls (so its a mantra) and by then you're only going to have a few mantra combos. when i looked at my unused mantra tablets it became clear because its the only one that doesnt have a really obvious use, like "chant this at garm"

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

i remember being worried about that when i first heard about it but by the time it became an issue i was strong enough that none of it mattered. enemy density and placement really only annoyed me in one or two places

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

well the chat seems to think its a lm2 expansion