Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Can't wait to play a few hours and drop the game when Yakuza 0 is launched. What are the outfits you can get?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

lets hang out posted:

you should mail them about your costume keys you paid for but fwiw i think you can unlock all the costumes in the game even without them
You should be able to. Those hours you could have saved are being wasted in looking like everyone else. Boring.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

lets hang out posted:

should've come with instructions in a txt file
The instructions don't work with the steam files.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

Mr Snips posted:

I'm stuck on the first puzzle...figuring out the default controller bindings. This is not a good sign
Game gets a big 0 so far. I have no idea what any button does beyond Z and X. I don't know what the all important pause button is. This is a big step back from the first game.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
The NPCs have weird vertical wavy lines distorting their sprites every few seconds and they look a bit like The Scream.
Switching to controller. I have no idea why you need a button for specific thing, when the century standard of accept/cancel buttons working for every menu is superior.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
It is in the instructions for your key. You have to go to some weird website to download a file and instructions. I got my four keys.

Scalding Coffee fucked around with this message at 23:03 on Jul 30, 2018

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
The game does say to scan them and every weird thing you can think of.

Xelpud's statue sucks. Break already, so I can see your secrets.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Windowed?

The opening screen where you fall down the cliff at the start has some weird frame issue where the eating animation skips frames.

Scalding Coffee fucked around with this message at 01:14 on Jul 31, 2018

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Using a controller solved my control issues. People really should try the Logitech F510 controller or newer. Longest lasting and best PC controller I used.

How do I scroll the text in the glossary for the dragon boss?

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

grieving for Gandalf posted:

I am so goddamn stuck already. how are y'all already so far?

I beat Nidhogg and Ratatoskr, made my path down to the guy chained up and couldn't figure out how to break him out without getting fried, tried every path I could in Icefire Treetop (and almost cried when I got to the fire-side save point. couldn't figure out how to get to the ice-side's) and now I just have no idea what to do. I can't tell if I'm missing something obvious.
I have that dragon guy to fight after beating squirrel girl twice, so I am busy healing and need to get back to him. Got some ankhs, but no idea how to activate what I guess are seals for the ankhs. I hope something unlocks after beating the boss, because I am otherwise completely boned in progression.

Scalding Coffee fucked around with this message at 05:14 on Jul 31, 2018

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Beat Nidhogg and while I expected a different area to open, I did come across a costume.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
There is a door that opens after you kill X number of bosses and I got an email telling me where to send my boss item.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Nidhogg takes around 60 shuriken and the reward is a big kick in the dick, unless you like some I Want To Be The Guy series of death rooms. Money better saved for later and ignore the fool.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

Tanks But No Tanks posted:

try whipping and turning around at the apex of your jump

you can whip both sides of you, keep momentum, and fast fall back in the direction you were going

the physics in this game are a big improvement over the original and it owns
I got the claw some time ago. The classic Mega Man strategy does work in this instance.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

grieving for Gandalf posted:

what am I supposed to be doing with these thrones because I have not figured out how to sit down on them
Did you examine them?

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Second health orb found. I am so happy to not die so quickly.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Vritrea or whatever, get clowned on. I am dunking on bosses much more easily than the last game with twice my health.
That golden crab guy was a pain. What with the eye shocking me when I don't remember attacking the pillar. The dick move after that, killed my shield and got me backtracking. Stop shooting fire.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Do I need a downward shooting weapon to hit the tiny switches in the floor?

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Cheese tactic: If you pause the game, the screen shows just a bit more space around you. Might be helpful to see what is right below you.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

MMF Freeway posted:

Yeah it's a good change imo

I'm still quite early on but what are these SR cartridges I'm finding? It's throwing me off since they don't seem to appear in my inventory anywhere
I think it also means the rarity or strength of the monster. There are N carts as well.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
I had a Spelunky death in the area with redcaps and flipping the map. I got knocked into a pit where I bounced off a statue and landed with a penguin crushing me.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
That Reznor wheel over the lava pool can gently caress itself. Trying to jump to another platform can make you glitch into the lava, because physics and angles. Not that it was worth it besides the barrel having 100 coins and a grail to get out. Advancing further is more instant death traps. I understand the skeleton hints, but gently caress off with the game speeding up to crush or poison you because you took half a step from those bones.

Where is that blood trail stage or whatever? I don't want to deal with that unicorn.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Brainstorm. That puzzle where you are not supposed to look at the chest, is the one with an important item and I only need to look away until it opens, right?

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

Pigbuster posted:

It's basically there for people who don't care about combat at all and just want the puzzles.
Or are so terrible at fighting bosses that it is the only way to beat them, in the first game. gently caress those bosses.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

Knocked over a couple more minors and got a second sigil and glove. Really wanting a whip upgrade right now. Mulbruk might be dead.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

Venuz Patrol posted:

is it the crystal skulls that are causing more and more enemies to show up in every area of the game? i'm playing in curse mode and it is starting to get completely absurd, everywhere. even the roots of yggdrassil has those awful black valkyries flying around in some of its rooms now

fucks sake. i had the clue for that area but was mistaking the ladders for the two waterfalls that flow down the sides of IB. thanks though!
You had several warnings about curse mode. Either restart your game or find the NPC to revert it.

What does the Bounce app do?

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Knocked over a couple more minor bosses, got another crystal, and a few items that open the game. Still no closer to guardians. The garbs have their own idle animations. Kimono is boring, but Demon outfit has her wings flap.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Is the light centered on Lumisa growing bigger over time?

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Haven't killed the third guardian still, but I have about 11 areas with stuff to do and I am not kidding about the number. I have been raiding these places, but never getting to the end of them. Knock off yet another sub-boss and unlocked yet more shortcuts that didn't progress the map enough to find items. This is getting overwhelming. Give me the double jump.

Scalding Coffee fucked around with this message at 03:36 on Aug 3, 2018

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Found the European garb. The idle animation looks like dancing the Jig.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
What is the Dark Lord's footprints?

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

Regy Rusty posted:

It's time to hit the pavement, gumshoe. For this one there's no substitute for good old fashioned detective work.
I am told I solved it, I just don't know what the reward is. Probably an entrance leading to death.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Assume you will die when you do anything.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

Pollyanna posted:

So, consensus on this vs. the first game? Worthy successor?
So much better. They fixed the swimming issue, which stopped me from finishing the last game. The bosses so far are much better to fight and I have yet to use a gun on them. Puzzles don't seem impenetrable.

Found the last garb. Idle animation looks like the Roman Salute.

Got the third sigil, had Raty fly away with an Ankh, and opened the save point in poison lava land. Time to find out where unicorn and ice breaker is.

Scalding Coffee fucked around with this message at 22:51 on Aug 3, 2018

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Around 60 shuriken, just to be safe. Buy 100 of them. Guy has a massive health bar, almost filled up.

Agent355 posted:

I'm trying to recall everyplace I beat up a bad squirrel for ~reasons.

I have these 4 already.

Roots, Immortal Battleground, Treetops, Underworld

but I know there is a 5th somewhere and I can't remember where.

You probably don't remember the swimming in the first, the swimming in this game is bad, probably intentionally, but it was so so much worse in the first one.
The reconstruction map where you first fought him.

Scalding Coffee fucked around with this message at 23:00 on Aug 3, 2018

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
I still have not found this Japanese place people keep talking about. It might be behind the third sigil, but people are fast. The only consolation is my character is better dressed.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
I know Mulbruk sleeps like a cat, but I really want her to explore a third area, even if it sets off a boss trap. Been like five game hours and I explored half of poison lava land, museum of bosses, and most of dead man wonderland.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Is it possible to reach that second save point in Treetop by running through the gas with the running item?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
This puts a capstone on my day. Also cheesed the tiny bird fight. Both of them provided a disappointing reward. No closer to finding a third guardian or Japan.