Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Yeah, those were the s3 scenes I meant, the tortuga ones. He's the one painting the words on the shell, isn't he? He's the one that brings tortuga to the back room, I remember.

Yeah he does paint it on the shell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Cranappleberry posted:

tortoises will ignore food if someone they trust offers them neck scratches. This tragedy could have been avoided.

I love that tortoises basically just shut down into bliss mode when getting neck scratches, and it takes awhile for them to realize it's stopped :3:

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer

oh jay posted:

I'm pretty sure the Twins scratched Tortuga's neck.

:emo:

Yeah, those were the s3 scenes I meant, the tortuga ones. He's the one painting the words on the shell, isn't he? He's the one that brings tortuga to the back room, I remember.

I always imagined him being the guy close to the border who was helping with moving people/product back and forth, with the Salamancas being based further South into Mexico and Gus running the North operations.

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
Gus sending a SWAT team death squad to whack Bolsa just like he tried to do with Lalo. I'd always assumed it was Federales that killed Bolsa but I am now going with the canon that it's Gus's guys.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

It's fédérales paid to whack Bolsa by Fring. Note that he makes them record the hit, he learned from what happened with Lalo

ALFbrot
Apr 17, 2002

Kosmo Gallion posted:

Gus sending a SWAT team death squad to whack Bolsa just like he tried to do with Lalo. I'd always assumed it was Federales that killed Bolsa but I am now going with the canon that it's Gus's guys.

I thought it was pretty heavily implied? I remember him in the parking lot, getting a phone call telling him that Bolsa is dead, then him cracking the burner phone in half and throwing it away. But it's been a long time since I've rewatched

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
Ah maybe. I had always assumed it was an official Mexican government operation, under pressure from the US government because of what happened with Hank's shooting and the Turtle-grenade. I only put the Gus stuff together after watching BCS.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

ALFbrot posted:

I thought it was pretty heavily implied? I remember him in the parking lot, getting a phone call telling him that Bolsa is dead, then him cracking the burner phone in half and throwing it away. But it's been a long time since I've rewatched

No, he's on the phone with Bolsa when he (Bolsa) opens his front door and sees like 6 laser pointers on his chest. He calls Gus in a panic, complaining about the federales and says "if you have something to do with this", to which Gus replies "why would I do this, Juan?"

gently caress it, I'll just post the clip:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QSQIdmXufAA

Edit: y'know, I usually roll my eyes when someone on reddit or even here just sees mention of a show they liked and is all "gently caress, now I gotta rewatch the whole show", but after writing that out and watching the clip and a few others, welp.... I.... I think I gotta do a full on rewatch. With all of BB, BCS, and El Camino available on Netflix, maybe I'll try to check it out chronologically.

Rupert Buttermilk fucked around with this message at 16:52 on Mar 15, 2024

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

maybe I'll try to check it out chronologically.

I haven't tried this with this franchise specifically, but chronological rewatches are uniformly a terrible idea imo

Pantaloon Pontiff
Jun 25, 2023

Do you mean 'watch the prequel BCS, main series BB, epilogue EC' or 'start with BCS, but skip the B&W intro bits until after BB, and cut to the few scenes that happen during BB while watching BB, then watch all of the intros and the last bit of BCS, and EC wherever exactly it fits in the BCS timeline'

The former seems like it would be fun, the latter seems like it would be an annoying mess.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
Presumably just BCS, BB, El Camino, and optionally saving the last three episodes of BCS for last?

Annabel Pee
Dec 29, 2008
https://breakingbad.fandom.com/wiki/Timeline

If you did a full on chronological watch I think the first scenes unless I'm missing something are:

August 1973 - Jimmy McGill begins stealing from his father's store's register. ("Inflatable")

Early 1980s - Matt, as a child, is seen with a younger Mike. As his father pours cement on his driveway, he allows Matt to write his name on it with a stick. ("Talk")

1984 - In Nebraska, Kim Wexler's mother is late to pick her up from Red Cloud Junior High School because of her drinking. Kim ignores her mother's calls to get into the car and walks home on her own. ("Wexler v. Goodman") 16-year-old Kim is caught shoplifting where her mother reprimands her, but when she leaves she drops that facade and shows that she doesn't care about what has happened. She reveals that she herself shoplifted another pair of the earrings and gives them to Kim. ("Axe and Grind")

1985 - A 28-year-old Walter White and Gretchen analyze the components of the human body. ("...and the Bag's in the River")

Theres quite a lot more, you'd probably get a good couple of episodes out if it before you get to the start of BCS. Would be fun for a rewatch if someone did a version like chronological lost.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

Presumably just BCS, BB, El Camino, and optionally saving the last three episodes of BCS for last?

This is it. I don't care about in episode flash-forwards and flash-backs, but sure, I'd probably leave the last few black and white full episodes of BCS to the very end.

Civilized Fishbot
Apr 3, 2011

Annabel Pee posted:

https://breakingbad.fandom.com/wiki/Timeline

If you did a full on chronological watch I think the first scenes unless I'm missing something are:

August 1973 - Jimmy McGill begins stealing from his father's store's register. ("Inflatable")

Early 1980s - Matt, as a child, is seen with a younger Mike. As his father pours cement on his driveway, he allows Matt to write his name on it with a stick. ("Talk")

1984 - In Nebraska, Kim Wexler's mother is late to pick her up from Red Cloud Junior High School because of her drinking. Kim ignores her mother's calls to get into the car and walks home on her own. ("Wexler v. Goodman") 16-year-old Kim is caught shoplifting where her mother reprimands her, but when she leaves she drops that facade and shows that she doesn't care about what has happened. She reveals that she herself shoplifted another pair of the earrings and gives them to Kim. ("Axe and Grind")

1985 - A 28-year-old Walter White and Gretchen analyze the components of the human body. ("...and the Bag's in the River")

Theres quite a lot more, you'd probably get a good couple of episodes out if it before you get to the start of BCS. Would be fun for a rewatch if someone did a version like chronological lost.

I found a google sheet that lists a total chronological watch including DVD extras, online "minisodes" etc. but only up through season 5 so I think it's missing the Kim flashbacks and a Jimmy-Chuck conversation ("time machine".) Here are all the flashbacks before BCS ep 1 "Uno":

quote:

Chuck reads to Jimmy in tent
Mike and Matty build concrete square
Jimmy as child in dad's shop
Los Pollos ad (history)
Hector shoots Gus' partner
Hector with child cousins - head in water
Walt and Gretchen talk about the human body
Walt and Gretchen talk about the human body #2
Jimmy and Marco do Rolex scam
Chuck visits Jimmy in prison
Jimmy leaves Cicero (leaves Marco)
Chuck and Rebecca invite Jimmy to dinner
Jimmy does Oscar pool and visits Library
Walt and Skyler buy 308 Negra Arroyo Lane
Walt and Skyler leave house viewing
TwaüghtHammër Young Jesse
Jimmy passes Bar exam
Jimmy sworn in + karaoke with Chuck
Hector jealous of Gus' gifts at Eladio's pool
Davis & Main Empyhsema ad
McGills' mum dies
Jesse makes box at high school
Chcuk and Jimmy invite Rebecca to dinner
Wedding Day
Mike kills cops in Philadelphia
Mike arrives in ABQ

Imagine if you watched all this in sequence as your introduction to the show. A hell of a pilot episode

Civilized Fishbot fucked around with this message at 23:39 on Mar 15, 2024

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
The seems like like "chronologically lost" level of bad to watch.

Rev. Melchisedech Howler
Sep 5, 2006

You know. Leather.
Yeah, it's fun to see all the stuff put into a list like that after the fact, but as for watching it; it's already been put into a well crafted and paced order.

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer

The Season 1.5 webisodes are so good:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLGKK3vKHc_jFW4L1t_tltfgFm5WqLlOoQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8payZGxM7IQ

massive spider
Dec 6, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X2RgYi6NzpE

The loving runtime

Annabel Pee
Dec 29, 2008
All of the edits on that channel are incredible.

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
:lmao: at the time passing and them both growing beards.

e:
Wince Willigan ok I'm dead :rip:

Takes No Damage fucked around with this message at 12:23 on Mar 17, 2024

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

I appreciated the M M names, because maybe the page was upside down.

Cranappleberry
Jan 27, 2009
chronological order by stardate is the only way to watch star trek

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

I've done a chronological edit of Pulp Fiction and it starts with some disjointed flashbacks that don't make any sense. Doing that for BB/BCS would give you a good half hour of flashbacks that don't make sense for a few seasons.

Nameless Pete
May 8, 2007

Get a load of those...
My new head canon is that Jimmy McGill is a direct descendant of Ulysses Everett McGill. Seriously, just read this line in Saul's voice:

quote:

Say, any of you boys smithies? Or, if not smithies per se, were you otherwise trained in the metallurgic arts before straitened circumstances forced you into a life of aimless wanderin'?

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:
O Brother, Do You Know You Have Rights

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Walt was a pretty funny guy before the whole cancer thing:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B9W4p51F_88