Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«188 »
Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

A Buttery Pastry posted:

The truth generally doesn't matter if you say poo poo convincingly enough, and then there's the question of which truth is relevant. The truth of "this is gonna turn into a big hassle" is far more important than whether it's actually true that he's vulnerable to a suit. Obviously the equation would change if Jimmy was dealing with someone higher up the social hierarchy who might want to punish him for daring to speak to his betters like this.

Ya, it's kind of the same with that scene in Breaking BAd where Saul essentially blackmails Jesse's parents and their lawyer by threatening to file a suit and encumber the sale of their meth contaminated property. Do you think Saul was actually going to file a suit and bring Jesse or Walt (the only two living people who knew about the meth) to the stand and go through all of that?

Nah, he just knew that the Pinkmans wouldn't wanna deal with it and would "settle" for just selling the house cheaply.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

A Little Known FACT: Burger King's Bacon King is superior to the Baconator.

I'm sure this might not be new... but this is pretty amazing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dzaLn4RVH8k

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

I will NEVER become THE PIRATE KING!!! I am just a lazy, hypocritical idiot.

A Buttery Pastry posted:

The truth generally doesn't matter if you say poo poo convincingly enough, and then there's the question of which truth is relevant. The truth of "this is gonna turn into a big hassle" is far more important than whether it's actually true that he's vulnerable to a suit. Obviously the equation would change if Jimmy was dealing with someone higher up the social hierarchy who might want to punish him for daring to speak to his betters like this.

So the worker wouldn't need a lawyer to get it thrown out but it doesn't matter because the worker doesn't want to check to see how likely it is due to him not wanting to take an iota of risk.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

punk rebel ecks posted:

So the worker wouldn't need a lawyer to get it thrown out but it doesn't matter because the worker doesn't want to check to see how likely it is due to him not wanting to take an iota of risk.

It's like the worker was conned or something, wild.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

A Little Known FACT: Burger King's Bacon King is superior to the Baconator.

Obviously its completely out of character for Jimmy to con somebody...

funny way to spell
Nov 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Just finished this season.

I find Lalo to be a much more interesting character than Ignacio. I know that Lalo is a bad guy but I found myself rooting for him in the end. Nacho is just like a stoic Jesse Pinkman, tortured but without the crying.

Der Shovel
Dec 26, 2003

Pause post!

I started a rewatch of Breaking Bad and I'm coming up to the end of season 4.

I remembered that Walt was a loving rear end in a top hat but I didn't remember just how much of an rear end in a top hat he was. Pretty much all of his problems were created by him deciding to act like the big dick in the room, usually repeatedly. Just doubling down on being a toxic as gently caress rear end in a top hat time after time after time, until everyone's lives around him are ruined.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

RowboatMan: Freezing time is an old P.I. trick...

Der Shovel posted:

I started a rewatch of Breaking Bad and I'm coming up to the end of season 4.

I remembered that Walt was a loving rear end in a top hat but I didn't remember just how much of an rear end in a top hat he was. Pretty much all of his problems were created by him deciding to act like the big dick in the room, usually repeatedly. Just doubling down on being a toxic as gently caress rear end in a top hat time after time after time, until everyone's lives around him are ruined.

Yeah, he's the worst. He didn't want to be meak anymore, so what does he do? He goes in the total opposite, and ruins so many lives in the process.

OctaviusBeaver
Apr 30, 2009

Say what now?

Jessie becomes so boring after Jane dies. All of the characters defined by "doesn't talk and mean mugs everyone" are terrible. The twins, mid series Jessie, early Nacho.

DOPE FIEND KILLA G
Jun 4, 2011

That's a weird read on Jesse Pinkman

SweetMercifulCrap!
Jan 28, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

I actually agree about Nacho. The way he's never spoken much, showed much emotion, and constantly mean-mugs has made him the least entertaining character on the show IMO... though I still root for him.

Peanut Butler
Jul 25, 2003

SweetMercifulCrap! posted:

I actually agree about Nacho. The way he's never spoken much, showed much emotion, and constantly mean-mugs has made him the least entertaining character on the show IMO... though I still root for him.

he has a really deep anxiety (because, gently caress, anyone would) that manifests as emotional disassociation, imo

like there are a shitload of 'tough guy' types who deal with heavy anxiety, and ime that's how they do it- bury it, hide it, attempt to 'mind over matter' something that ultimately comes from the mind in the first place- it's just that we tend to associate anxiety with flinches and flighty bird-like behavior

funny way to spell
Nov 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

OctaviusBeaver posted:

Jessie becomes so boring after Jane dies. All of the characters defined by "doesn't talk and mean mugs everyone" are terrible. The twins, mid series Jessie, early Nacho.

lol, the Terminator Twins are awesome because of how hilariously terrible they are

OctaviusBeaver
Apr 30, 2009

Say what now?

DOPE FIEND KILLA G posted:

That's a weird read on Jesse Pinkman

Yeah, you're right, there was a period of a few episodes after Jane dies where he acts like that but I've made it further in my rewatch now and he's mostly snapped out of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

teacup
Dec 20, 2006

Who would win in a fight? Taylor Swift or Daryl Somers?

Im rewatching BB with my wife who never watched it first time around and she really hates Skylar (we are in season 2 and she is giving him the silent treatment)

Its interesting how Shes a lot more understandable in hindsight. Rewatching you can really see how far Walt goes so quickly and how intolerable that should be for a partner. But at the time I remember thinking give him a break!

Also how explicitly his own fault almost everything is for Walt. Christ

«188 »