Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«195 »
Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

... the beats of the dead.

After four seasons of BCS lost to the bad seasons of Game of Thrones I realized the Emmys are an even bigger joke than the Oscars.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpiderHyphenMan
Mar 31, 2010

YOUR MORTAL MODERATORS HAVE NO POWER OVER THIS POSTER!

Pillbug

No directing noms either, also they nominated Esposito but not Dalton. Absolute garbage.

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

It's a sick, sad world out there, and we all have to live in it.

frogbs
May 5, 2004
Well well well

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

No directing noms either, also they nominated Esposito but not Dalton. Absolute garbage.

Is it possible they’re saving the awards for the last season or something? I know that’s not how it’s ‘supposed’ to work, but maybe AMC will is a bigger awards push towards the end?

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Will AMC even be in business come next year

Agent Escalus
Oct 5, 2002

"I couldn't stop saying aloud how miscast Jim Carrey was!"

AMC the channel is separate from AMC the American cinema company (with like a single location north of the border in Toronto I think) so yeah, they'll be fine with TV ratings and ad-buys getting quite the boost since March. No idea if their Shudder streaming service is super profitable but it's probably doing better than Quibi!

Agent Escalus
Oct 5, 2002

"I couldn't stop saying aloud how miscast Jim Carrey was!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9XUso5-uMl4

Agent Escalus fucked around with this message at 22:29 on Aug 1, 2020

cloudchamber
Aug 6, 2010

You know what the Ukraine is? It's a sitting duck. A road apple, Newman. The Ukraine is weak. It's feeble. I think it's time to put the hurt on the Ukraine

Agent Escalus posted:

AMC the channel is separate from AMC the American cinema company (with like a single location north of the border in Toronto I think) so yeah, they'll be fine with TV ratings and ad-buys getting quite the boost since March. No idea if their Shudder streaming service is super profitable but it's probably doing better than Quibi!

Isn't that the opposite of what's been happening though? I think TV channels and newspapers are having trouble right now because the financial downturn brought on by the Coronavirus has caused companies to slash down on the amount of cash they were planning to spend on advertising.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

cloudchamber posted:

Isn't that the opposite of what's been happening though? I think TV channels and newspapers are having trouble right now because the financial downturn brought on by the Coronavirus has caused companies to slash down on the amount of cash they were planning to spend on advertising.

Journalism outfits have been bleeding since 2004 and really turned for the worse around 2009; the rise of VC companies acquiring journalism outlets then bleeding them dry has only made things worse.

With national TV, no, generally advertisers are locked into long-term deals. Local TV affiliates are hurting, though, although there's been about a 25 percent increase in ad spends over the past few months, but for the most part after primetime hours and affiliates are just doing their syndication programming, you'll see the same four commercials three times in an hour.

«195 »