Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Cartoon posted:

Let's put a stop to this nonsense.

That's a name I could get behind.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

The Avengers: Really This Is Just The Beginning...

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
https://twitter.com/awesomepapers/status/1394888998032592896?s=20

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
I don't know where else to look for this info and figured someone here might know: has Jimmy or Kim ever said "I love you" to the other? I can't remember it happening

also wtf why no season 6 til '22

DOPE FIEND KILLA G
Jun 4, 2011

indigi posted:

I don't know where else to look for this info and figured someone here might know: has Jimmy or Kim ever said "I love you" to the other? I can't remember it happening

also wtf why no season 6 til '22

i wonder why

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

why what

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer
Hint: Why has the entire world looked like your avatar for the last year and change?

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

They're still filming the season. It's very hard to air this show live

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
"Better Call Saul was filmed before a live studio audience"

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Takes No Damage posted:

Hint: Why has the entire world looked like your avatar for the last year and change?

the other shows I watch kept their productions rolling. can't imagine New Mexico had super strict quarantine regulations

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Mike already finished his lines in front of a green screen

He's going to be sitting in every scene, but that won't stop him from doing gunkata or whatever

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

I am a mouth, and I must scream

indigi posted:

the other shows I watch kept their productions rolling. can't imagine New Mexico had super strict quarantine regulations

maybe they care about their actors and crew and didn't want them to catch covid regardless of the local regulations

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

They could have filmed it as an alternate timeline where SARS became a pandemic and everyone had to wear a mask in 2003.

It's a good thing they're taking a safe approach to it. TV production involves a whole lot of people like Jimmy's film crew kids, and they do physical labour in close conditions that create a high covid risk. I want the new season so bad but the delay is justified.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

indigi posted:

A majority of shows have had productions limited, not sure what soap opera shows you watch. But also BCS actually takes some time for them to film & edit...

Skrill.exe
Oct 3, 2007

"Bitcoin is a new financial concept entirely without precedent."

indigi posted:

They had some of the strictest.

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer

Last Chance posted:

They're still filming the season. It's very hard to air this show live

It's a terrible strain on the film editor's wrists...

Inner Light
Jan 2, 2020

Sup BCS thread, here's a ~20min behind the scenes piece for the demise of Gus in Breaking Bad. It's well done and a pro click IMO, really enjoyed both parts.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QVD1qHtL5Js

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i7fYefWReMA

DOPE FIEND KILLA G
Jun 4, 2011

Inner Light posted:

Sup BCS thread, here's a ~20min behind the scenes piece for the demise of Gus in Breaking Bad. It's well done and a pro click IMO, really enjoyed both parts.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QVD1qHtL5Js

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i7fYefWReMA

good vid

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Yeah that was interesting to see all the different steps that went in to making that, and cool that they really blew the door off with compressed gas, I would have thought that was digital as well. I still think the bone around the empty socket looks too clean or bright or something, it seems distracting to me. But I've also never seen a real face half blown off so what do I know, maybe it's completely realistic. I wonder if there's some poor intern locked in a closet somewhere whose job is to just look through gore photos as reference for stuff like this :barf:

Mercury Hat
May 28, 2006

SharkTales!
Woo-oo!

I'm reasonably sure they could find an artist who's super into that kind of thing, lol.

I liked seeing how much practical effects went into getting the shot, and how they melded it with digital. It was also cool hearing Giancarlo Esposito talk about wearing the make-up because I never thought about what a weird sensation it must be to see yourself like that.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

I know it's super dumb and I don't know, selectively naïve, but I also love actors in a show hanging out together out of character. :shrug: Walt and Gus, mortal enemies, hugging (in full costume for both, no less) in the old folks home, and then Hector pops up to chat.

I absolutely get that it's a show, but I get so drawn into it, especially when it's as good as BB/BCS, that I really do love to see stuff like that.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

oh jay posted:

The original title of Infinity War Part 2. Pretending that they are two separate, complete movies was a farce.
I disagree. It totally worked on me.

By the time we got to the third act fight, I legit thought they'd beat Thanos at the end of the first one, likely at such a high cost that the aftermath would play out in the second flick, and I went to loving film school, so that kind of manufactured naivete usually doesn't work on me, but hoooo boy do I ever love when I get got in a movie theater.

If it was Infinity War: Parts 1 and 2, the third act of the first one wouldn't have had any punch.

People don't really understand how spoilers work when they're people for whom spoilers don't change the experience meaningfully.

I don't want to know literally anything about movies or TV shows about which I actually care. Even somebody I know telling me they loved it is a spoiler to me, because I know what people I know like and hate, and can extrapolate from that. And even if I'm wrong, I'm still spending the entire time thinking "is this what Katrina was talking about" instead of just enjoying the movie.

You can call it a neurosis, and I wouldn't even necessarily disagree, but it's super loving rude to tab dance on somebody's preferences just because you don't share them.

That being said, that clip is just Bob joking about the finale being him finally making the perfect Cinnabon. Which he irritatingly calls a Cinnabunn like half the damned country.

It's bon. It's French for good. Like Bon Appetit. The company started here in the Seattle area and we're the only place I've ever heard it pronounced correctly. I even called the company to ask them when I was in an argument about it years and years ago and was the copy editor of my college newspaper so I did that kind of thing all day.

Edited to fix typos.

LividLiquid fucked around with this message at 06:27 on Jun 29, 2021

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

If you say I can call it that, yeah neurosis might be about right.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider
Just don't call it late for dinner!

Annabel Pee
Dec 29, 2008
But you doesn't have to call it Johnson!

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Jesse what the gently caress are you talking about

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum

LividLiquid posted:

I don't want to know literally anything about movies or TV shows about which I actually care. Even somebody I know telling me they loved it is a spoiler to me, because I know what people I know like and hate, and can extrapolate from that. And even if I'm wrong, I'm still spending the entire time thinking "is this what Katrina was talking about" instead of just enjoying the movie.

I'm sorry but this is Freak behavior

DOPE FIEND KILLA G
Jun 4, 2011

LividLiquid posted:

I disagree. It totally worked on me.

By the time we got to the third act fight, I legit thought they'd beat Thanos at the end of the first one, likely at such a high cost that the aftermath would play out in the second flick, and I went to loving film school, so that kind of manufactured naivete usually doesn't work on me, but hoooo boy do I ever love when I get got in a movie theater.

If it was Infinity War: Parts 1 and 2, the third act of the first one wouldn't have had any punch.

People don't really understand how spoilers work when they're people for whom spoilers don't change the experience meaningfully.

You can call it a neurosis, and I wouldn't even necessarily disagree, but it's super loving rude to tab dance on somebody's preferences just because you don't share them.

That being said, that clip is just Bob joking about the finale being him finally making the perfect Cinnabon. Which he irritatingly calls a Cinnabunn like half the damned country.

It's bon. It's French for good. Like Bon Appetit. The company started here in the Seattle area and we're the only place I've ever heard it pronounced correctly. I even called the company to ask them when I was in an argument about it years and years ago and was the copy editor of my college newspaper so I did that kind of thing all day.

Edited to fix typos.

the store is Cinnabon. the product is a 'cinna(mon)-bun'. mods ban this troll please

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider
Can we get a quick cameo in the last season of Badger and Skinny Pete arguing about how you’re supposed to pronounce Cinnabon

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

u instead of o would use slightly less ink. That's savings that could be passed on to the customer. Sad

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

Ingmar terdman posted:

u instead of o would use slightly less ink. That's savings that could be passed on to the customer. Sad

We've already got Skinny Pete's line written.

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

Skinny Pete: Yo! I got some real sticky stuff!
Badger: Oh, man. I've been dying for some weed.
Skinny Pete: Man, what weed? I'm talking about Cinnabuns!

DOPE FIEND KILLA G
Jun 4, 2011

a kid in the mall tries to steal combo's stick of rock candy before he can finish it. badger pats his buddy on the shoulder and jokes "man, that kid almost killed you over some rock candy!" then combo is like "haha yeah that wouldve been crazy" then he winks to the camera. (candy is blue flavor)

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider

oh jay posted:

Skinny Pete: Yo! I got some real sticky stuff!
Badger: Oh, man. I've been dying for some weed.
Skinny Pete: Man, what weed? I'm talking about Cinnabuns!

Badger: You mean Cinnabons?
Skinny Pete: No bitch, Cinnabon is the name of the store the buns are Cinnabuns. It's like, French, and poo poo.
Badger: No way man, the whole thing is Cinnabon. All of it. The store, the bons...
Skinny: Even the sauce?
Badger: Especially the sauce.
Skinny: Nah, you're crazy. Yo, Jesse what do you think?

*Jesse shooting heroin in the corner to block out the memory of that afternoon when Walt forced him to kill an 8 year child who said he preferred Pepsi to Coke*

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

LividLiquid posted:

I don't want to know literally anything about movies or TV shows about which I actually care.

How does this work by the way

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

No need to watch the Office. I'm just ruined it for you.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider
Not sure what season that's from so for what it's worth I don't remember if I liked it or not.

Shock Trooper
Oct 24, 2006

TERROR BALTIMORE

oh jay posted:

No need to watch the Office. I'm just ruined it for you.

clearly Michael said "I ACQUIT" instead of "I QUIT"

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
dude come on spoiler that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Ingmar terdman posted:

How does this work by the way
I accept that some spoilers will work their way to me through trailers and such, and see things before anybody can tell me what they thought of them.

It's neurotic, I know, but when I ask people not to talk to me about something and they do it anyway, that's a pretty big demonstration that said person doesn't respect boundaries and I don't have room in my life for people like that.

If it happens at a party or something, I go outside until the subject changes, 'cause I ain't imposing my will on an entire roomful of people.