Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

Bulky Bartokomous posted:

Just finished the season, another stellar effort. This is still the best show on TV for my money. There may be a show or two I like more, but I think this is the highest quality in terms of acting, story, and shooting. The scene in Bad Choice Road (best episode of the season) with Kim, Saul, and Lalo was off the charts good. Tony Dalton gets into the so charismatic you almost like them bad guys territory with the best of them.

Tony Dalton is the best villain in the Breaking Bad verse, at least on the cartel side. All of the Salamancas are heartless killers who can go from zero to killing you in nothing flat, but his brand of affable, laughing psychopath is even scarier than Tuco or Hector in his prime. They got so many great scenes from one character who was mentioned exactly once in all of Breaking Bad.

The scene Bulky mentioned was indeed phenomenal. It was arguably the best scene produced in the last year of television. All of it. They even got the network to front load the episode with commercial breaks because the last 18 minutes had to air uninterrupted. The writing was great, the direction was great, all three performances were great. If that scene doesn't finally get Rhea Seahorn her Emmy I will be very upset. She's very solidly established herself as one of the best actresses working today; although the fantastic material she's been getting and excellent direction can't have hurt. Kim Wexler is the best character on TV, and in large part it's the actress elevating already good writing.

The show as a whole is run by a creative team with a lot of Breaking Bad alumni. They had five years to hone their craft on a very well done show, and that was obvious from the start of BCS. It's a slick production, well written, well directed, and beautifully shot. The cast is solid.

Best show on TV ? Probably. It's on the short list for sure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

iamsosmrt posted:

Honestly, for people who go deep into the desert as often as they do, no one in the BB universe ever seems prepared enough for it.

I''m trying to remember, but after the shootout, neither Mike nor Jimmy check the other cars for supplies right?

After playing as many RPGs as I have, I have an irrational fear of getting into a fight and being caught going through everyone's pockets.