Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
this is my favorite show currently airing I love it

but I do hope in this season we get a little less montages of Mike doing stuff and more plot advancement

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
in Enter The Dragon, Bruce Lee says he should just take a gun to the bad guy's secret hideout and shoot him. that's what that scene reminded me of

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
isn't Mike gonna make it harder to smuggle meth if he's actually improving security

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Mario death mask posted:

This is an amazing show but the one thing that’s getting to me is the lack of attention to period detail. I know it’s not that far in the past but certain things stick out:

-The guy mike stole the badge from drives a contemporary crossover with led taillights, probably a BMW or Mercedes from the roofline. LED lighting did exist for cars at that point but crossovers largely didn’t.

-The cut of the suits is very contemporary and not really what people were wearing in 2001; see Howard’s contrasting collar- much more recently in fashion and not something you would have seen back then. See late run Frasier for the kind of boxiness that was still in vogue at that time.

-That IKEA backsplash that’s showing up in a lot of tv, and people’s current irl homes.

There’s more anachronistic details if you’re looking for them- it’s a great show but this one aspect feels somewhat sloppily done. It doesn’t seem far enough back in time to have to worry about these details since it’s our living memory, but that’s precisely what makes it so jarring.

I hope somebody got fired for this blunder

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

TOOT BOOT posted:

Sometimes it feels like this show has two separate audiences.

low IQs like the violence of the cartel scenes

high IQs like the boring scenes of Saul filling out wills for old people

we have to include the exciting action scenes to appease AMC and the The Walking Dead audience

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Cojawfee posted:

I have to wonder what Chuck's plan for Jimmy was. Would he just work in the mail room forever and then beg Chuck for scraps when he's old?

back in the good old days you could work in the mailroom for 30 years and be set for life with sweet benefits and pension

did AMC take down the security videos? There's only one on their youtube page. Googling brings up some other videos that go to the AMC websight, but they all 404

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
my prediction is that Jimmy will find out Lalo has a bunch of rare Hummels and will hire Nacho to steal them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I also assumed a real doctor might have been more willing to risk taking out the bullet rather than a vet in a garage