Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything
This is the moment Jimmy became Joey Salads.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

Arist posted:

And Jimmy freaks out at her because despite his commitment to it, he wants some kind of escape hatch, untainted by cartel money.

It's also a big change and he's dealing with PTSD.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

This is acceptable.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

moist turtleneck posted:

Nacho gonna make Lalo walk out into the desert and go look at the stars

Can Lalo breathe in space?

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything
I bumped Ted.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

Nep-Nep posted:

because despite Hank being married and faithful I feel like you could make an entire montage of every time he is a gross womanizer in the first season, by the end of the show I don't feel like that was really a trait for him anymore

There's an extra scene from Hank's wedding where he has cold feet and confesses to Walt that he'd just been blown at a gay bar the night before.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything
The coup plotters who were captured by Venezuelan fishermen retroactively make the hit squad look more realistic.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything
And so Lalo finds himself leaping from life to life, striving to put right what once went wrong and hoping each time that his next leap... will be the leap home

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything
Someone pointed out that coatis live in every South American country except Chile.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything
Those sex gifs don't pay for themselves.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything
They recast Jeff. gently caress this show.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything
Metastasis is probably pretty good if you're trying to improve your Spanish.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything
I thought Gus was just a husk consumed by revenge for his brother at this point so it's nice to see that he has at least one friend: the really nice sommelier. Hopefully he finds a wife and has kids someday :3:

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

Martman posted:

Gus is gay. They were into each other. Gus decided he couldn't let love into his life even though he wanted to hug and kiss the sommelier, it was sad. But yes their interaction was nice.

Baseless speculation. The only gay characters in the Breaking Badiverse are the couple buried under the superlab.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

Jerusalem posted:

G. U. S.

F. R. I. N. G.

Either one of those would have been far easier both for the cousins to take down as dictation, and for Hector to dictate. But no, Hector HAD to refer to him as T. H. E. C. H. I. C. K .E. N. M. A. N. :allears:

Pollero.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything
I know not everything needs to be shown explicitly but it would have been nice to see how Jimmy created the Men Going Their Own Way subreddit.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

roomtone posted:

i did like that eladio was smart enough to recognise that Gus does hate him, but doesn't care as long as it doesn't get in the way. 'a little hate is okay as long as you remember who's boss'

he's usually guffawing about how tasty his cigar is and whatever is so seeing some acumen out of him was a good moment. he's not completely oblivious, he just doesn't know the extent gus has/will go to.

They'll joke that Gus and Max were gay lovers who were gay and in gay love with each other but they didn't actually believe it was true. That's why they underestimated how far he would go for revenge.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything
I like how as soon as Saul wakes up in the morning he immediately puts the bluetooth in his ear because he can't cope with the trauma of remembering Kim or the time his school teacher farted out tadpole demons for even one second.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything
They think he's lost his mind.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

Rev. Melchisedech Howler posted:

At the risk of being one of the infamously bad at watching TV goons: pardon?

It's only implied in BB/BCS but explicitly confirmed in Slippin' Jimmy (SJ) when Jimmy's school teacher farts out a cloud of tadpole demons.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

DaveKap posted:

I just wanted to add: Thank you for making this post. It inches me just slightly closer towards wanting to watch the show.

I'm gonna be honest, as much as I loved BB and Hank, it always bothered me that the minerals obsession didn't really have any point other than just being a sad joke. (This is when you explain a metaphor to me that I never understood before.)

Subliminal obsession with "crystal" that he couldn't let go even when he was supposed to be relaxing and pursuing personal hobbies.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything
Vince Gilligan panicking as he realizes his show has no gay characters in the year 2022 so he retcons Bill Oakley's sexuality even though it has no relevance to the plot.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

Yeah Saul doesn't actually know if Lalo is dead or not, he's been told twice now that Lalo has been dealt with.

The only continuity goof is Gus not mentioning Lalo at all when he reels off the names of all the Salamancas killed so far as he torments Hector at the old folks' home. But it's hard to work with something like that

I don't think he mentions Tuco or the twins either, only the people who were just killed at Eladio's place.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

Der Kyhe posted:

Yeah, she ran and unless something magical happens in the last 2 episodes "What happened to Kim" gets to be the Netflix end-of-story movie for BCS, akin to El Camino and BB.

Rhea Seehorn is really too old to play Kim at this point.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

OldSenileGuy posted:

I see Bob is out doing press and talking about his heart attack again and what a good job the filmmakers did in stitching together the pre-heart attack and post-heart attack footage. Did we ever find out what scene it was that he had the heart attack during?

The scene where Lalo removes his socks.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

Kagaya Homoraisan posted:

i literally looked, today, and it wasnt there

Tell me again.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything
Gene prepared to bash the guy's head in if he comes upstairs with his own dog's urn and later almost strangling Marion parallel with Lalo in Margarethe Ziegler's house. Two dogs in the house, Buddy's dog is there to alert the handler, the urn is similar as a memento to Werner's slide ruler that Lalo picks up.

Clearly Jimmy absorbs the traits of the people he represents in court

Never mind, that's stupid. The more likely reason is that Jimmy is possessed by Lalo's ghost, which is why he's only "apparently" dead. The only way to banish his ghost to Hell is to find his remains and give them a proper burial.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

Aye Doc posted:

iirc on the insider podcast where they discussed it, they said straight up they would have canceled it and scrapped whatever footage they had

So recasting Jeff is fine but not Jimmy. Ok then.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

ALFbrot posted:

The conversation, if you'd read back the context, was about somebody saying that they hated that Walt got to go out completely on his own terms and didn't face any consequences. I simply felt that spending most of a year in solitary confinement, a state regarded by many to be torture, and then having his son tell him to die so that the world can be a better place, and then dying in a nazi trailer park was not an especially heroic or cheery set of circumstances

Is New Hampshire that bad?

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything
Saul took the deal because he knew he'd get out in 7 years on good behavior, with Kim's love. Then once he's free he'll marry her and Mike will take them in as his adoptive children.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

2nd Amendment posted:

One interesting thing about Saul is they he definitely wears shoes bigger than Bob's 10.5. Gene doesn't though.

Your honor *Takes off red clown-shoes* It's Jimmy, actually. Jimmy McGill

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

beep by grandpa posted:

We didn't see it so for all we know Lalo showed Casper this thread until he gave up the information

He gave up the ghost.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything
Chuck was the Lindbergh baby and that's why his parents hated him. Also why he was a fascist. "Named after his father"

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

Tender Bender posted:

This makes a lot of sense. I think Slipping Jimmy stole him somehow before he was born. His ultimate scam.

"Somehow before he was born"

Like some kind of time machine?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

goblin week posted:

Oh come on, he's a cop

Walt's name is literally White.