Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CaveGrinch
Dec 5, 2003
I'm a mean one.

Data Graham posted:

"Pacific Northwest"

Umm I'm pretty sure that's not how social security numbers work ... is it?

Plus since when are they nine digits?

The first three numbers do actually denote your birth area. Also they are nine numbers long.

123-45-6789

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CaveGrinch
Dec 5, 2003
I'm a mean one.
First day on his fake job and Mike is already their best employee.

CaveGrinch
Dec 5, 2003
I'm a mean one.
So was that Gene being completely paranoid or was there something more sinister to the cabbie? Was he just a cabbie from ABQ who recognized him as Saul?

CaveGrinch
Dec 5, 2003
I'm a mean one.

Ditocoaf posted:

The letter scene had a kind of twist: that the letter seemed genuinely heartfelt (because it came from a time when Chuck and Jimmy were on better terms). It's a crazy complicated situation emotionally, it should be super hard to read given everything that's happened. The fact that Jimmy walled himself off from engaging emotionally with it at all was hard for Kim to watch.

There's no reason to think Chuck didn't write that letter. As long as he could maintain a distance of superiority, he'd treat his brother well. He convinced himself that his behavior towards Jimmy was motivated 100% by kindness, rationalizing away the less honorable feelings and folding them into the more reasonable ones. He had it in him to write a nice letter. Especially back when Jimmy was still working in the mail room. Willing Jimmy a letter written back then, from when he "showed promise" in Chuck's eyes, was an A+ passive-aggressive move.

It is this. Someone knows how to watch a show!

CaveGrinch
Dec 5, 2003
I'm a mean one.

insider posted:

I don't think this is incoherent at all and is exactly how I feel. My eyes were even watering a little during his speech just like Kim and the board. You feel the same shock Kim feels as you realize he was just slippin jimmy this whole time.

What helped sell it to us as the audience was the karaoke flashback.

CaveGrinch
Dec 5, 2003
I'm a mean one.

Takes No Damage posted:

Oooohhhh poo poo, is that what was going on there? I didn't realize at first what the point of that whole scholarship montage was, but did Jimmy talk up this girl and get them to award her the money, then tell her she didn't get it and use the cash to buy that law library? I can't imagine Kim being on board for something like that.

e:
Remembering now, when he gets home he tells Kim that they awarded 3 scholarships, so I guess she doesn't know about that part. Is his breakdown in the parking garage him leaving the HHM offices after scamming that girl out of her future? I can see that still having a pretty heavy affect on not-yet-Saul.

Seriously?

Goons really are the worst at watching television.

CaveGrinch
Dec 5, 2003
I'm a mean one.

moolchaba posted:

Great episode. I'm ready for Gene to take over 100% of the episodes for season 6.

I’ve been calling this for a couple years and as we get closer I feel like there’s no way this isn’t happening.

CaveGrinch
Dec 5, 2003
I'm a mean one.

SweetMercifulCrap! posted:

IIRC there is record of Vince saying the show would be more a bit more lighthearted and more of a comedy than Breaking Bad was, but I don't think they ever suggested that a revolving door of new clients would be a major focus. I could be wrong though. It's easy to imagine how it would have gone though: Jimmy would take on gradually shadier clients and use increasingly dirty methods to get them off the hook, and we'd see how this would affect his relationships.

Vince has states one of the early concepts of the show was a 30 minute comedy where a different stand up comedian would be the client of the week, ala Dr. Katz. That was a very early idea, and was long passed on by the time pre-production got underway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CaveGrinch
Dec 5, 2003
I'm a mean one.
Did she just drive Lalo back to Mexico with WORDS?!