Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JAMOOOL
Oct 18, 2004

:qq: I LOVE TWO AND HALF MEN!! YOU 20 SOMETHINGS ARE JUST TOO CYNICAL TO UNDERSTAND IT!!:qq:

SeANMcBAY posted:

I don’t like thinking too closely about ages in this series. Gus looks so much older than in BB and those flashbacks of pre-lawyer Jimmy were ridiculous.

My favorite one is Todd in El Camino though. They should have CGed his face or something.

there's a scene in the beginning of one ep that's Jimmy & Chuck as kids in a tent (implying that they are fairly close in age) and I kept thinking about how they should've just put Bob Odenkirk in ridiculous makeup and ran with it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JAMOOOL
Oct 18, 2004

:qq: I LOVE TWO AND HALF MEN!! YOU 20 SOMETHINGS ARE JUST TOO CYNICAL TO UNDERSTAND IT!!:qq:

Nep-Nep posted:

A though that crossed my mind is there's a fair amount of assumption that Kim could be killed/leave Jimmy but maybe it's the other way around. Maybe Jimmy starts to fear for her safety in some way or another and leaves her because he fears he's going to get her killed.

when the writers revealed that part of S6 would take place on the BB timeline I figured it meant they were going to show what Kim was up to. I don't think she'll get killed off - it would be strange to have the "rival cartel murdered my wife" fact go unremarked upon throughout all of Breaking Bad

JAMOOOL
Oct 18, 2004

anyone else notice how long the elevator with Kim & Hamlin it took to go up 2 floors

JAMOOOL
Oct 18, 2004

cock hero flux posted:

it has to start out decent enough for you to actually start watching and enjoy it but not so amazing that you'll be crushed if it becomes bad, and then needs to decline so rapidly that it skips passed boring and mediocre straight into complete trainwreck that you can't look away from

House was definitely like this, it leaned full-on into its most ridiculous and self-indulgent aspects in those last couple seasons, as though the writers just went "okay there is no loving possible scenario in which this guy hasn't had his medical license revoked a dozen times so lets just make the leap into crazyland"

those later seasons weren't exactly good but I still watched 'em

JAMOOOL
Oct 18, 2004

what do people think re: the people who recognized Gene? do they have ties to someone or are they just people randomly recognizing him because he's a fugitive who used to be on TV and billboards all the time? when he calls the vacuum man and then thinks twice going "I'll take care of it myself" it suggests something broader is going on but maybe he's just been extorted before

JAMOOOL
Oct 18, 2004

wife and I watched all of Breaking Bad in about 3 months, but have been watching BCS pretty much as its aired. binge watching a show like this in a short span is definitely the way to go. when you have to wait 18+ months on a complex show like this which ALSO happens to gently caress around with the timeline a lot it kind of feels like you're spending a lot of time just remembering what happened and when.

JAMOOOL
Oct 18, 2004

I thought it was really funny how the episode started with Lalo popping out of the sewer, as though he'd just instantly tunneled from Germany to New Mexico as though he's Super Mario

JAMOOOL
Oct 18, 2004

R. Guyovich posted:

i don't think this is the end of gene scenes because carol burnett is contracted for three episodes this season

i mean the one constant between this show and BB is that everything Walt/Saul touches dies (sometimes literally) so it seems pretty obvious that either A) the mall heist actually does get discovered or B) Gene gets greedy and tries to pull off something else with these folks

JAMOOOL
Oct 18, 2004

Hyrax Attack! posted:

Yeah it's unnecessary, Walt had his big sendoff and Jesse got a made for TV movie with Walt showing up again. They both went out on high notes with arcs resolved don't need them shoehorned in.

I'm guessing their scenes will be fairly brief and intended mostly to fill in the blanks on what, exactly, Gene has up his sleeve

JAMOOOL
Oct 18, 2004

go play outside Skyler posted:

Jesse never hurt anyone: he gets salvation.

i can think of one guy he hurt

JAMOOOL
Oct 18, 2004

how exactly did Saul plant the $30k for Francesca? isn't he on the run at that point? or does he have someone else do it?

JAMOOOL
Oct 18, 2004

maybe I missed this but how did Marion connect Gene to Albuquerque? she's obviously suspicious of him but how does she figure out that he's from NM? did he gently caress something up on the phone?

JAMOOOL
Oct 18, 2004

Gaius Marius posted:

Film crew spinoff

my stepbrother lives in the same town as the camera guy and he says he's exactly how he comes off on the show

JAMOOOL
Oct 18, 2004

the real question is does Kim Wexler still listen to Stereolab? or is she more of a Katy Perry sort of person now?

JAMOOOL
Oct 18, 2004

yeah pilot episodes often come off super weird in retrospect, this one especially so since it has to establish so much in a single episode. if they had to do it all over again they'd probably get 3-4 episodes out of what happens in the first one, which would've been nice since Walt's persona/family life is barely established at all, he's just kind of this weird dork. but if they'd taken the time to do that at the start the show might not have been picked up and who knows how many people would've watched it

JAMOOOL
Oct 18, 2004

what was the circumstance that put Saul & Walter in a bunker together? my mind's drawing a blank

JAMOOOL
Oct 18, 2004

one thing that I feel wasn't covered was what a media circus this whole thing would've been - two DEA agents murdered in the desert, ten people killed in jail, an entire cartel family wiped out, an explosion at a nursing home, an underground lab, and a roving murderous Nazi gang, all brought about by a spurned chemistry teacher with cancer and a sleazy TV lawyer?? the coverage of it would've been nuts. which means the Saul Goodman trial would've been a media circus, and we all know how those trials can turn out. it seems like the kind of situation that Saul could've navigated pretty well, though doing so would involve several more episodes and a bunch of new cast members, so I can understand why they didn't go that way

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JAMOOOL
Oct 18, 2004

I got so into this show and would live and die with every episode of the last few seasons but honestly the thing I think about most now is "Werner Zieeeegler, what's he up to man what's he doin??"